• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

His standing normals are still stupid good. They buffed his cr.MP so I'm sure it allows him new links now

you think a bison/raven team would be good? i'm probably gonna drop vega and guile when i finally start playing this game again. i enjoyed fooling around with bison in ae2012, because his footsies are gdlk

Grifter

Jumping back into this, anyone up for games tonight on 360? GT - Totoro Recall.

Is it true that lag got worse after they fixed the sound desync?

Did update the trial combos too?

shaowebb

Good news for PC players regarding DLC characters.

DLC will be released on Steam on 2/6 at 75% off. $5 :-D

Bad news: They are still working on the 2013 patch with no timeline :-(

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofi...c-update-dlc-coming-on-wednesday-february-6th

AHAHAHAHA! Thats hilariously low.
I'll bite. 2013 will be out eventually so I may as well. I wonder if the console players will feel hurt by this if they don't get some sort of sale or retroactive perk given they paid around 3 or 4 times this price when those launched for them.

Tizoc

Pandora may be broken now, with pandora gems combo damage is likely to eat a full health bar.

I think most top players will not consider Pandora much, most effective method of using it without gems is to do a finisher super.
It kinda sucks that its the only method atm where one can do a 700+ damage combo though.

Shouta

I think most top players will not consider Pandora much, most effective method of using it without gems is to do a finisher super.
It kinda sucks that its the only method atm where one can do a 700+ damage combo though.

With power gems, you can get 700 with a Cross Art for a lot of characters. 600 is easy pretty easy, especially if you get a jump in.

Definitely going to get the Steam DLC. And I like the Vita version, but the controls are so difficult with four buttons on the face. But I do have it for PC and PS3.

vg260

AHAHAHAHA! Thats hilariously low.
I'll bite. 2013 will be out eventually so I may as well. I wonder if the console players will feel hurt by this if they don't get some sort of sale or retroactive perk given they paid around 3 or 4 times this price when those launched for them.

$15 difference for a 6 month wait? They shouldn't.

Tizoc

@Shouta- Oh yeah I know that, but I tend to base damage output without gems, and yet that's the thing; the most damage is 600 points. The game has nice combo options, but the damage scaling makes many of them moot. Granted, if damage scaling was more lenient matches would be one-sided/end with 1 combo, but IMO 10% minimum scaling for combos just doesn't cut it, maybe if the minimum damage is 30 or 40%?

BTW, could someone post any new high level matches? At work, and want to watch some 5-10 min. SFxT vids during my break ^_^;

Eh Steam always sells stuff for insanely cheap prices, $5 for DLC sounds wicked tho...wonder if I should also get the PC ver.? Sadly the game is not available in my region tho >=/

shaowebb

Yeah, the price is obviously a "Sorry, dudes!" gesture. Furthermore, the DLC chars have gone on sale (only down to 15$, though) recently anyway.

Agreed. They have been rather sad at supporting the PC version and after SFIV it came as sort of a shock considering how good it was for PC. This is likely an apologetic move since not only did they have to wait so long, but now have to wait again for another patch.

I just feel sad for all those already burned on the DLC concept though that did end up shelling out the $20.

Shouta

IS EVERYTHING LAW DOES SAFE NOW? FLJAFJKLWDFKLAHJSLIAFS

Not technically but it's really hard to punish online and it's in the miniscule range offline. You have to be basically make the Law player screw up to beat him as just trying to punish isn't going to do for everyone.

Dartastic

Not technically but it's really hard to punish online and it's in the miniscule range offline. You have to be basically make the Law player screw up to beat him as just trying to punish isn't going to do for everyone.

(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

This game is finally playable but too bad there's not much of a community for it though.

Most of the people I've run into online are guys with 10k+ BP and that's with the same rank request on (I have 400 points).

My original team was Hwoarang/King but I've dropped King in favor of Lili because I think King is too boring to play. So far I've only scratched the surface with Lili's potential and comboablity but she's really fun to play with.

xCobalt

So for those who have played SFxT for awhile, what are your thoughts on Cross Assault? I don't have a lot of experience with this game but it seems like a rather unexplored tactic. Being able to split your health and giving you access to virtually unlimited meter seems rather good. The AI also reacts almost immediately to the opponents moves as well.

It seems to mess up the opponents controls a lot too as they change direction facing the closest character (or the character that hit them last?). If I have 3 meters and the opponent has about 50% health, landing a knockdown usually means a win for me. What I usually do is activate it and jump over to the other side. As heihachi, I can charge up Chrome Dome if the opponent is in blockstun and get a combo from there. As Marduk, I'll react to what the opponent is doing and either go for an overhead or a command grab. On more than one occasion, I've been able to land a hit and continue the combo with constant fierces and end with a super.

Just wondering, what can counter the cross assault easily?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So for those who have played SFxT for awhile, what are your thoughts on Cross Assault? I don't have a lot of experience with this game but it seems like a rather unexplored tactic. Being able to split your health and giving you access to virtually unlimited meter seems rather good. The AI also reacts almost immediately to the opponents moves as well.

It seems to mess up the opponents controls a lot too as they change direction facing the closest character (or the character that hit them last?). If I have 3 meters and the opponent has about 50% health, landing a knockdown usually means a win for me. What I usually do is activate it and jump over to the other side. As heihachi, I can charge up Chrome Dome if the opponent is in blockstun and get a combo from there. As Marduk, I'll react to what the opponent is doing and either go for an overhead or a command grab. On more than one occasion, I've been able to land a hit and continue the combo with constant fierces and end with a super.

Just wondering, what can counter the cross assault easily?

Honestly I throw or do invincible supers vs the cpu, if they are on the same side as the player.

Skilletor

GGs Q. :)

I need to learn some combos and a second character. Don't like Cammy in this and Guile online sucks, lol.

Julia is nasty! :(

Edit: Finally! lol

Is that big lunge punch with Julia mid?

Skilletor

GGs and yes this is pretty much the best capcom fighter out right now imo.

I started getting the hang of fighting guy after all that time haha. I suck though :(

This is the first time I've played against anybody outside of Ryu, lol.

Julia seems super solid. Ogre is scary, but Julia is worse.

I agree. This game gives me hope that Capcom could make an SF5 or Alpha game that I'd like.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This is the first time I've played against anybody outside of Ryu, lol.

Julia seems super solid. Ogre is scary, but Julia is worse.

I agree. This game gives me hope that Capcom could make an SF5 or Alpha game that I'd like.

Oh yeah Julia is a lot better than ogre, but their flows are pretty different so it fucks people up on swaps

Marvelous

Started to play this game again a couple of days after the big patch became available. Doesn't feel all that different to me, but then again, I have always been pretty bad at this game. :3

My real problem(s) with this game is that I can't decide on which characters to stick with and I just do not think about doing big combos/damage a majority of the time. Guess I'm leaning too much towards a Street Fighter only style or something.

My team has mostly been Vega/Chun Li. Now I'm trying out Law with Chun Li. Messed around with a lot of characters but still haven't found a real team for myself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Started to play this game again a couple of days after the big patch became available. Doesn't feel all that different to me, but then again, I have always been pretty bad at this game. :3

My real problem(s) with this game is that I can't decide on which characters to stick with and I just do not think about doing big combos/damage a majority of the time. Guess I'm leaning too much towards a Street Fighter only style or something.

My team has mostly been Vega/Chun Li. Now I'm trying out Law with Chun Li. Messed around with a lot of characters but still haven't found a real team for myself.

There are characters you can play with a sf style of not having to do huge combos, but chun li isn't one of them.

Which characters are good for that type of style? Ryu? o.o
poison's best combo is literally j.fierce, cr.fierce xx whip/super/crossart/boost combo. i try to do fancy ex moves or switch cancel combos and i get rewarded with the same/less damage than i would've gotten meterless. it's pretty lame actually.

hugo got a buff on his hammerhook which wall bounces on counterhit. it's pretty much impossible to land this in a real match, but hammerhook into backbreaker does 400dmg for a 2-hit combo lol. it's my new goal to land this at least once.

even though you said you don't like combos, some tekken charas can be easy to combo with. hwoarang, heihachi, kaz, for example have good tekken strings that are relatively safe. also, they have moves that ground bounce which is very simple to hit confirm or combo off of. even tho you can manage winning with sf charas without combos, eventually you should learn them and most are based on links as opposed to tekken strings.

Marvelous

Ryu is pretty easy to pick up, honestly about 75% of the cast isn't that combo heavy
Yeah, Ryu isn't too bad. Can get decent damage without doing anything too complicated, lol.

poison's best combo is literally j.fierce, cr.fierce xx whip/super/crossart/boost combo. i try to do fancy ex moves or switch cancel combos and i get rewarded with the same/less damage than i would've gotten meterless. it's pretty lame actually.

hugo got a buff on his hammerhook which wall bounces on counterhit. it's pretty much impossible to land this in a real match, but hammerhook into backbreaker does 400dmg for a 2-hit combo lol. it's my new goal to land this at least once.

even though you said you don't like combos, some tekken charas can be easy to combo with. hwoarang, heihachi, kaz, for example have good tekken strings that are relatively safe. also, they have moves that ground bounce which is very simple to hit confirm or combo off of. even tho you can manage winning with sf charas without combos, eventually you should learn them and most are based on links as opposed to tekken strings.

I might test out Poison one of these days, but I'm not so sure about Hugo. Doesn't appeal to me at all. :(

I didn't say that I dislike combos... Just that I rarely think about doing any huge or fancy ones in a match, haha. Guess I just need to play the game more. My mind wants to keep things too simple, heh. Any other character that can get Hugo tier damage that's not big and ugly? LOL.

Even the SF cast can get a lot of damage off switch cancels if you know the setups.

Can't say that I know a lot of tag/switch cancel set ups yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can't say that I know a lot of tag/switch cancel set ups yet.

It's really simple once you get the base concept down of it.

Basicly when a character gets tagged in the juggle counter resets.

Each characters moves have specific amounts of the juggle counter they eat up, so you can just do a tag launcher combo and test out moves that way.

For example Ogre's lk mk mk chain has a lower juggle start up and he cant do HP into super after it.

But if you tag your partner in they get a fresh juggle counter and they can do a full combo no matter the amount of hits. So say I do that combo with ogre, and tag mid way into my second then do another tag I can now do his juggle combo into HP into super cause he got the full juggle state.

It sounds and looks way more complex than it really is.

Marvelous

It's really simple once you get the base concept down of it.

Basicly when a character gets tagged in the juggle counter resets.

Each characters moves have specific amounts of the juggle counter they eat up, so you can just do a tag launcher combo and test out moves that way.

For example Ogre's lk mk mk chain has a lower juggle start up and he cant do HP into super after it.

But if you tag your partner in they get a fresh juggle counter and they can do a full combo no matter the amount of hits. So say I do that combo with ogre, and tag mid way into my second then do another tag I can now do his juggle combo into HP into super cause he got the full juggle state.

It sounds and looks way more complex than it really is.

Didn't know that the juggle counter resets after a tag cancel. Gonna have to experiment with these tag cancel combos. :D

Now to decide which characters I want to truly learn and stick with. I'm currently on the fence on buying the DLC characters. Lei, Christie and Alisa look pretty fun to play...

Top Bottom