• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Shouta

King does gross damage without meter. Just cr.mp or cr.mp into a heavy Reverse Arm Slam is crazy respectable damage. Get a good Jaguar Step and you're in business.

Exr

Is there a comprehensive changelog anywhere? I bought this game at launch and was disappointed, but after this patch I'm looking forward to seeing how the game has turned out. Im liking this new Heihachi a lot more.

I might play this game soon. I really liked my guile/vega team in vanilla but apparently guile sucks now? I liked using raven too, did he get nerfed as well?

Shouta

Raven is definitely more rushdown and mix-up then pure zoning now. You can zone if you need to but the teleports and and teleport attacks are pretty wild when he gets in close.

Chairhome

Did I miss something or am I just interpreting it wrong when Max said "I'll be covering the new characters and new gameplay changes in upcoming videos". There aren't any new DLC characters announced, right?

No one could really compete with Vanilla julia though

yeah but if you're going to have a lack of an overhead, command grab, dive kick, or some safe get-in move then you need amazing normals.

Julia had no dive kick, no free get-in move, and no (good) overhead, so her normals was mostly warranted.

I was dicking around on the vita version for some of the dlc characters, will probably pick sakura up.

Someone can probably answer this better, but I've run into pretty much no Poison players online, nor have I seen many at top play.

Maybe that'll change with the new patch here.
she didnt really get any better. she gained some stuff, she lost some stuff. she needs better damage. her moves aren't very switch cancel friendly and they killed her boost combo. her overhead is still pretty meh, and her fireball game is weaker without the meter gain. they also nerfed her forward dash so i assume they want people to solely rely on lmt. shes a solid chara, but shes still pretty 1-dimensional. also, i've ran into quite a few poisons.

SUPARSTARX

This seems to be a big problem for much of the SF cast.

She has the least for sure. The rest of the SF cast has pretty decent synergy but IMO a lot of them are better on point generally and the TK cast is better coming in behind.

Almost all the characters on the roster have good incoming and outgoing setups and damage but Poison's is weird because she's is pretty limited in what's available when it comes to tag combos. In the corner I haven't seen much outside of s.mp, s.mp, s.mp, close s.hk~kiss of goddess. When you bring her in her damage only goes one way, it's rather difficult to reswitch in after Poison because what's left? Rekka doesn't juggle enough and DP switch only works again in the corner. So midscreen she has to stay out a lot if you need that clutch switch combo to finish the job.

Horseress

she didnt really get any better. she gained some stuff, she lost some stuff. she needs better damage. her moves aren't very switch cancel friendly and they killed her boost combo. her overhead is still pretty meh, and her fireball game is weaker without the meter gain. they also nerfed her forward dash so i assume they want people to solely rely on lmt. shes a solid chara, but shes still pretty 1-dimensional. also, i've ran into quite a few poisons.

Well, she did have a damage buff on this new version, and it's the only thing I know about Poison ^^

Ohnonono

So turns out as a new FG player spending a bunch of time with Marvel was a pretty bad idea while waiting for the patch for this! Having to chill the fuck out and get back in the Xtekken mode.

what are some BnBs for Guile and Marduk?

Guile is all about linking to his cr. MP, which is much harder to do after the update.

If you want damage, Jump in HK, cr MP, cr MP, MK Flash Kick

for some reason its easier to link 2 cr MP that a cr lp into cr. MP

If you want to try some heavy damage in the corner (only)

Jump in HP, <-+HK (upside down kick), link standing HP, lp sonic boom, cr. lp, cr.mp, lp sonic boom, cr.mk, boost s. HK, Boost to other character

Theres also a more damaging combo that goes from upside down kick, to standing heavy punch, to light sonic boom, to down-forward angled kick, into 3 cr.mp into flash kick.

That link from light sonic boom to angled kick is like 1 frame. wouldn't bother online without a fight stick and plinking :/

mr. puppy

Banned
So I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 3, and in that game I mained Lei. I picked him up in this game and the stance switches,etc. seem to not go with the game too well.

Anyway, I'm trying to learn how to put teams together, and I figured I'd screw around with Fchamp's some since I watched him play a ton last night. So: Is Dhalsim/Jack a good team? I watched the changelog videos and it seems like Jack's most OP move (seismo) isn't nearly as awesome, and I'm kinda guessing he is gonna be more normal based (maybe).

kirblar

So I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 3, and in that game I mained Lei. I picked him up in this game and the stance switches,etc. seem to not go with the game too well.

Anyway, I'm trying to learn how to put teams together, and I figured I'd screw around with Fchamp's some since I watched him play a ton last night. So: Is Dhalsim/Jack a good team? I watched the changelog videos and it seems like Jack's most OP move (seismo) isn't nearly as awesome, and I'm kinda guessing he is gonna be more normal based (maybe).
Dhalsim/Jack seemed pretty terrble. They just happened to be F.Champ's style of characters.

Oh, I meant the combination, not them individually. It felt like both characters needed a heavy hitter to deal big damage off switch combos.

Jack can definitely be a heavy hitter, as well as Dhalsim. If you watched Sabin play Dhalsim, he'll show you how good that character is alone.

Sabin pairs Dhalsim with Vega, who doesn't hit that heavy as well.

Exr

Balrogs dash punches and walk speed are faster now. Feels like a dangerous character now with his solid pokes.

Top Bottom