• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Logged on to play in quite a while. I'm finally winning matches again! Although I understand most people are probably rusty aswell. I throw-punished this guy like 5 times in a row because he just kept rolling. So good.

xCobalt

I'm enjoying the changes so far. Been running with Heihachi/Marduk since day 1 and my team's damage output has had a noticeable increase. Been thinking of running a better point character since my team's mobility is pretty bad but I'm having a lot of fun as it is though.

SUPARSTARX

Disable your quick combos!!

The first hotkey (LK+HP) is set to Preset 1 which is blank by default. You can set your second hotkey (LP+HK) to Preset 1 which will also change it to blank.

I know it's a dumb question, but did dlc characters come out on steam? For those who uses steam? I can't find it on the site. I only saw it in game, but it took me to steam site store.

Sayah

I rolled with Nina/Kazuya. My original team. Really cool that pandora isn't completely useless now. Enjoyed the game so far. Though, I need to get the DLC characters. Waiting on that PSN sale.

Xevren

Man I really can't wait to put more time into it. I kind of want to learn how to play Nina, that lk geyser of hers is crazy fast now. Stupid work.

Exr

Balrog is the truth, I think he will be dangerous. Huge damage output with a variety of high priority pokes and the ability to combo off of his headbutt. Will end up grabbing the DLC for Bryan and Elena. Anybody here familiar with Steve?

I rolled with Nina/Kazuya. My original team. Really cool that pandora isn't completely useless now. Enjoyed the game so far. Though, I need to get the DLC characters. Waiting on that PSN sale.

Pretty sure the characters are already on sale...they were 15 bucks when I bought them down from the normal 20

Tizoc

I was trying out Marduk a little last night and...is it me or is doing HCB+KK-->Far St. MP, Cr. HP harder to combo now?

Galdelico

PSN sale is definitely live.
Some pretty big deals, especially compared to the very lame sale on the Marketplace: from EU PS Store I got the 12 new challengers alternates pack for free and the 38 new alts for 9 euros (half the original price).
That was quite unexpected!

def sim

I played a couple of online matches last night and most of my wins were definitely because of the Tekken character I have in my team. Having an overhead you can combo off of is kind of a big deal. That and lack of character knowledge, probably. I don't think most of Kazuya's overheads are safe at all, but they let me do it without punish. Anyway, is there a proper, organized guide out there somewhere? I'm playing this too much like Street Fighter. I keep forgetting to switch characters and I only rely on links I learned in training mode.

Question for Lars players: Can you combo from EX qcf+PPx1 to c.MP or c.HP anymore? I haven't been able to pull that out in training mode at all after 1.08. =/

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Look at this Max
I know that you love some Yoshi, now it's your time!

I can Special Charge cancel out of crouching HK?

019_fry-drool.gif

LakeEarth

I keep forgetting to play this game, post-patch. Gotta play when online is hot again. Plus those new characters aren't going to be on sale forever.

My Law is really coming along, but I really don't care for his footsie game. My Hwoarang is pretty terrible, though I can do a 22 hit combo with him alone that only uses 1 bar...

His cross-up is terrible unless you perform it late (deep). Doesn't make sense that someone can beat you to a cr. light after blocking a jump in. I can understand getting reversed by a DP or something, but i'm definitely missing something there.

Really need to get good at Hwoarang's frame traps. Unfortunately the only one I can do well is from his Flamenco stance.

SUPARSTARX

I'm learning some Hwoarang too. Trying to get some of his offense and mix ups going.

The block stun on jump mediums are pretty universal and you have to hit them kind of semi-deep to continue certain normal pressure.

I'm learning some Hwoarang too. Trying to get some of his offense and mix ups going.

The block stun on jump mediums are pretty universal and you have to hit them kind of semi-deep to continue certain normal pressure.

It seems like everyone is ready for his chainsaw kick overhead, and his forward-medium overhead is very hard to link after unless it counts as a counter hit.

His special overhead (forward to back half circle) is positive on block and seemingly leads to his best frame traps. He can also cancel-dash out of this move very fast, which leads to grabs pretty decently.

I think if i go for a cross-up with him and its blocked, I'm just going to go for a neutral jump double overhead. Gives him the best block stun and a lot of people don't see it coming.

Schuhu

Neo Member
His special overhead (forward to back half circle) is positive on block and seemingly leads to his best frame traps. He can also cancel-dash out of this move very fast, which leads to grabs pretty decently.

His normal Dynamite Heel is no overhead though, only the Ex-version and that thing is super slow although leading to a nice ground bounce

I have figured out something recently that makes linking after his F + MK easier. If you cancel the overhead into flamenco (hold forward) it speeds up the recovery of the overhead. If you want to just hold forward, you can go into his block stun S.lk, S.mk, forward to back HC lp frametrap, which is +2 on block I believe.

You could also hold down-forward after the overhead, which would cancel into his Flamenco, which would then immediately cancel the Flamenco before of the crouch, into cr. LP, s Mp, s.MP, special

or for flash, cr.lp, s.mk, s.mk (hold down-forward) cancel, cr. lp, st.mp, st.mk, EX special

SUPARSTARX

A lot of people are ready for his overhead after a few games. I just mix in a sweep at the end after MP~MP. I do it like 1-2x and they will eat the overhead next. Dynamite heel is +1 on block and also +1 on hit. You can pressure them safely with it or charge dash cancel off a sweep and throw them. s.LK~MP~MP~c.HK xx HCB+LP(hold), f, f, scoops

Hwoarang has Tekken strings which are cancel able, (any light attack) mp~mp, and (any light attack) mk~mk~hk

this is true, but for the above example, im not sure if it works (checks vita quickly)

no, it doesn't since going from the standing MP-MP into c.HK wouldn't be considered a tekken strick

yeah, hwoarang players are getting better at mixing the lows. it wasn't so bad before, but no rolling and throws that hurt make it a bit more scary. reversal charas can reversal in between some of his strings that aren't true block strings. no real safe switch cancel anymore though, so you might as well just cross counter if you feel like spending the meter.

I've been practicing him a lot and didn't remember his s.MK, s.MK D+lk, S.HK chain

that's sweet

edit: what tag combo are you guys doing with Hwoarang? I'd assume its c.MP, c.MP, down to back QC, HK.

this one is so much cooler

s.MP, s.MP, dynamite heel charge dash cancel (under character), cr. MP, QCB HK

Top Bottom