• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I should have mentioned that it's not just SF3 or SF2 that doesn't have shortcuts. A lot of other non-capcom fighters don't do shortcuts either ( or have implemented them differently), so you're going to be stuck with the one game you've become accustomed to.

I guess if you're dead set on playing that one game, it's fine, but I'm just saying you will have a hard time trying to play BlazBlue or KOF or Skullgirls and every other fighter out there that isn't SF4.

When I first got my stick it took me months to get back on the level I was on with the pad. I couldn't do fireballs on the left side, doing rekkas were impossible, ultras were impossible.. But if you stick with it you'll get better with it. I didnt bother trying to learn shortcut motions since It wouldn't help me in the long run

Edit: thinking about it I have no idea what I really input when doing a srk motions lol, so I might be using shortcuts

Your right on that one i'll just to the normal commands and wont wrry about them lol. I was just curious about them cause my friend (from Japan) showed me some shortcut commands on SSFIV and UMvC3 that pretty much blew my mind. And i start to worry if the normal commands would be slower than the shortcuts...

I should have mentioned that it's not just SF3 or SF2 that doesn't have shortcuts. A lot of other non-capcom fighters don't do shortcuts either ( or have implemented them differently), so you're going to be stuck with the one game you've become accustomed to.

I guess if you're dead set on playing that one game, it's fine, but I'm just saying you will have a hard time trying to play BlazBlue or Skullgirls and every other fighter out there that isn't SF4.

I just recently heard on the final round stream that KOFXIII is very similar to 3rd Strike which is great imo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My "early" copy was rescheduled for Monday. :( No stream this weekend. At least Final Round is going on. Watch that!

oroboros

In my opinion fighters and SHMUPS just feel so much better with a stick that it can (if money isn't too tight) be really beneficial to just go ahead and start with one.

Good point. Yeah, I love playing SHMUPS and all the old arcade games on MAME or whatever on a stick. Feels way better. So if someone is into those type of games, investing in a stick makes even more sense other than just using it for fighting games.

I may be sounding rude here, but isn't it a good property in learning the game?

Relying on the SSFIV style shortcuts is actually pretty terrible to your overall fighting game playing. It really doesn't take that much longer to learn the inputs properly and is going to let you transfer your skill and learn other fighting games in the future much easier. If someone is learning from scratch they might as well learn it all correctly the first time instead of learning bad habits and having to tweak how you perform SRK and other motions in other games they might get into later on.

Kadey ain't no bro, bro.

I know bro i call every one bro
3AQmK.gif

Filth

Im driving to get it URLLEYYYYY. I'll buy 1-2 extra copies if you live around Brooklyn. Need to pm me fast. I can't afford to buy a bunch for everyone.

Picked up the game today on the 360. I did some trial mode and a couple of online matches. Online was worse than xbox360 SSF4AE for me even with the game indicating there was a good connection with the opponent. Hopefully this will improve as more people get the game.

zlatko

Banned
Picked up the game today on the 360. I did some trial mode and a couple of online matches. Online was worse than xbox360 SSF4AE for me even with the game indicating there was a good connection with the opponent. Hopefully this will improve as more people get the game.

This was the case for me with Super when I got it urley for 360. It shaped up quite nice once everyone got it on release. It will start picking better placed opponents for location.

Hopefully the same pans out here, it'd be a shame if they botched up online to make it worse than AE. Luckily, Capcom does patch games, so if it is dildos, then we can expect an online net code patch within 2-3 weeks after launch usually.(they say that, but it takes longer usually lol)

So what's the word on the extra 12 characters?

Did Capcom or any other source mention that they'll give us an update on whether or not these characters will coming to consoles?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So what's the word on the extra 12 characters?

Did Capcom or any other source mention that they'll give us an update on whether or not these characters will coming to consoles?

Ono mentioned on twitter that those characters were not Vita exclusive.

He then mentions later on that we should expect news in April on further aspects of the console release, probably around Captivate, I believe.

Picked up the PS3 version and played a few matches. I really like the feel of the fighting. I think I'm going to enjoy this one a lot. I'm no e-sports guy but I had a lot of fun.

Makoto

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/422512_3213667215137_1069985230_3137550_121159697_n.jpg[IMG]

Little overview I did of what is included in the Special Edition.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9UVpLP47E[/url] (some info here on how to find the games)

and

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySaeVW_nuo[/url]

The cover art for the special edition is different, in this picture that is just another copy of the game.[/QUOTE]
Oh, you're KoKuTanLuFi! Turns out I watched your Arcade Stick/Special Edition video earlier today. Good stuff, thanks!

xptoxyz

Little overview I did of what is included in the Special Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9UVpLP47E (some info here on how to find the games)

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySaeVW_nuo

The cover art for the special edition is different, in this picture that is just another copy of the game.

You might want to delete, edit, and re-upload. The code seems readable. If the DLC is not redeemable yet you can at least maybe still do damage control and redeem it before a thief when available.

How long is the line? Just walk up when they call for reserved name. They didn't check my name or anybody online with me

Yeah. I just got home..When I got there the line wasn't bad just the cold was killing me. They didn't check for anybody. People were still calling in.

I'm just glad I got the game lol. Now to play and watch FR

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
I think I need to start ordering my fighting games from Best Sku. Philly Urley seems to be difficult with out driving 100 miles each way to get it.

I keep telling my self I'm not going to drive that far to get it tomorrow but I probably will.

SUPARSTARX

Some of the timing is really awkward for charging and canceling. I think you have to go with forward and cannot do down-forward to cheat some moves

V_Arnold

I am amazed.

Was not even hyped when I was going home with my review copy. Was not even hyped. I knew that I have a lot of work to do before I will be good in this game.

But this night...after 00:00, I started doing..VS Battle, against the CPU, of all things. And I had to force myself to stop, so I can write this post.

This game is amazing. If you have any holes in your input knowledge, you can fill it with ex moves. That is more than brilliant. That is genius. Simply genius.

Also, kinda surprised, but..Lili/Poison actually works.

Top Bottom