• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

SUPARSTARX

lol

The Tekken character links feel awful and weird.

Law kinda has Fei's medium punch links too.

Was messing around and got like a near 600 something damage combo (with 10% gem) doing j.HP, s.HK, s.MP, c.MP xx EX-Fist, ground bounce c.HP xx Super Art

So, I have played about half an hour of online.

It hasn't been great :(

That damn dumb sound de-syncing/skipping happened every match. And there is alot of jitter going on.

Gonna play some SP now.

Ha....I also joined the early club.

Insanemouse on both.

I'm absolutely awful at this game...some people out there are already beasts at this game. I was hoping to have a head start on people. Oh well.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
The version I saw it on was 360. Haven't seen a ps3 player stream and heard it happen yet, but none of them have played online much.

It's totally happening on PSN as well. Even some Cross Rush animations/camera changes aren't happening. Looks buggy. Hoping for that day 1 patch.

KuGsj.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So just to put it all in one place.

Game is buggy as fuck right now online for both systems so don't let that be a deciding factor in what you buy.

And ya max the cut scene stuff bugging out is weird as fuck looking.

Filth

Sound desyncing happened to me. I'm installing it on ps3 to see if it fixes. I got bodied online the first time and played the same guy a second time and won. Any1 wanna do player matches on ps3. Add philooch. I'm scrubby as hell !!

If it's worth anything, the review stipulation stuff that came through said not to play online until Monday. I'm not sure if that's a "shit's being fixed" reasoning or a "don't want people seeing you playing it online" reasoning, mind.

Rocwell

I have a couple quick questions about armor properties:

Do ALL chargeable specials get 1 hit of armor?

Does each character have a move that breaks armor?

I think I recall seeing someone getting hit by a move that broke armor in SFIV and not getting armor break and in all of the match play I've watched I've never seen any armor break happen unless it was getting hit by a move that hits twice.

Kazuya feels so good in this game. After using Julia for a while, she's definitely my second.

Online is a bit buggy. When watching matches I would get skipped frames and audio would desync at times. I at least go to see Maximilian play a couple of rounds.

Aside from online, I'm loving this game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I have a couple quick questions about armor properties:

Do ALL chargeable specials get 1 hit of armor?

Does each character have a move that breaks armor?

I think I recall seeing someone getting hit by a move that broke armor in SFIV and not getting armor break and in all of the match play I've watched I've never seen any armor break happen unless it was getting hit by a move that hits twice.

Q1: Nope. Only Gief and Hugo get armor on thier charges, from what I know. If there are others.. it hasn't been made clear. Other chacters have armored moves, though.

Note that armor still takes damage to the blocking character, too.

Q2: There seem to be no armor breaking moves in this game. Hence, cinematic counters should be good again, and armor moves just need to be beat by doing 2 insanely quick moves.

Rocwell

Q1: Nope. Only Gief and Hugo get armor on thier charges, from what I know. If there are others.. it hasn't been made clear. Other chacters have armored moves, though.

Note that armor still takes damage to the blocking character, too.

Q2: There seem to be no armor breaking moves in this game. Hence, cinematic counters should be good again, and armor moves just need to be beat by doing 2 insanely quick moves.

I guess that makes sense since apparently SPDs are waaaay slower than in SFIV. Is there anyone who has a copy that can confirm this?

Esura

Banned
I hate links with a passion...but I'll figure some ways to play this game without having to rely on links too much.

Dre3001

Im realllly iffy about this game so far

Everything looks amazing so far but im hoping this isnt another SF4 or MvC3 situation.

What I mean is at first everyone was loving these games and praising them for how great they were and then shortly after (about a month or so) later people were finding broken characters and the game was getting bashed and laughed at.

I will still be buying this game though due to my love of Tekken and SF but hope this game wont be seen as a joke in about a month or so.

Anyways with that said Ps3 or 360 version??
Has anyone who has reviewed the game or gotten early copies seen any main difference besides Ps3 bonus characters.

Mr.Fresh

Whoops. Just realized my friends list was full. Just deleted all the inactive people. If you tried to add me or accept my friend request. It should work now

Westlo

Oooh link to where it shows it please?

Was just shown on a slider @ the national tournaments for SFIV, there's a SFxTK presentation with Ono and Harada. Showed Asuka's, Balrogs (Steve), Akuma, Bison, Juri, Claw, Paul and Law.

Also they're now talking about a Capcom X Gods Garden, so I guess a SFxTK event is in the works, people forget that Super wasn't in arcades and had GodsGarden events as well as NSB dedicated to it.

Westlo

Ah Juri is Zafina, I was looking @ that for a few moments and couldn't think of anyone, but as soon as I saw that pic it came straight to me. Also lol Akuma, Ogre got the better costume hands down.

Also SRK guys are saying the netcode is great, the sound issue seems like a simple fix that will be done for Day 1 anyway.

Who is Vega (Claw) supposed to be inspired by? Ibuki already has a Yoshimitsu costume.

Balrog looks horrifying, Akuma looks amazing.

Westlo

Since no one snapped the Tekken ones... using my average as fuck memory...

Asuka was in a veil of sorts... Rose SFIV Alt shoutout?
Lili we already know
Ling.. Chun Li Apha style IIRC
Jin was in a suit I think, he was at the back.
Paul... biker... Rufus shoutout? (it's yellow and yes I know Paul has had several biker outfits)
Law had a mask on, chef like.
Ogre is Gill period red and blue colors split in half, the long hair.

Top Bottom