• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

You guys might dig this...

SFxT Jin Trials Walkthrough by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpSe6Soduik

o1UNa.gif

YESSSS
<3 U Max (Bromance)

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
So I'm a UMVC3 guy, but I'm thinkin about getting this... It looks like SF4 to me though. The feel and pace (and graphics) of the game does anyway. How much room is there for extended crazy combos or all around stuff that makes UMVC3 fun in this game? Or is it a poke poke poke kinda game? Thanks for the advice!

zlatko

Banned
So I'm a UMVC3 guy, but I'm thinkin about getting this... It looks like SF4 to me though. The feel and pace (and graphics) of the game does anyway. How much room is there for extended crazy combos or all around stuff that makes UMVC3 fun in this game? Or is it a poke poke poke kinda game? Thanks for the advice!

I'd guess it's a bit of middle ground.

If you don't like footsies then this isn't your game. You will need footsies, do some links, go into a chain, and then go for more big damage through using meter/tag ins.

It's probably a faster paced game than SF4, but not as fast as UMvC3.

Filth

The game is in my car, I'm Currently getting drunk watching hockey at a bar. I can't wait to go home and play :(

B00TE

I gotta wait till Monday now, Fedex won't hold it for me until they make a delivery attempt. On Monday. Oh well, a few hours to play before the release and I'm gonna ask the guys down at the Gamestop I preordered at if I can bring this copy for people to play while they wait. Get to play a few people face to face.

This is going to be the longest weekend ever.

Damn it Max! I resigned myself to not picking this up until next pay.

After watching that Jin video, one of my bills isn't getting paid :(

kodecraft

This is not like UMvC3 its more poke poke than all the craziness of MvC, but it has its moments that should whet your appetite.

Question for those who've played this already or have been watching it closely:

I'm more of a casual player, and while I had fun with SSF4, I had trouble pulling off most links aside from the easier 2-3 hit ones due to the strict timing. Are those any easier or more lenient in this game? I would like to have more than the LMH chain to rely on, but at least in SF4 I just can't pull off the links reliably under the pressure of a match.

DRE Fei

I'm more of a casual player, and while I had fun with SSF4, I had trouble pulling off most links aside from the easier 2-3 hit ones due to the strict timing. Are those any easier or more lenient in this game? I would like to have more than the LMH chain to rely on, but at least in SF4 I just can't pull off the links reliably under the pressure of a match.

There are still some tricky links in this game, but I've found that most characters can just hit confirm with low jabs and link in to standing LMHH launcher for good damage. There's also the light kick+heavy punch auto combo and light punch+heavy kick variant if you're having trouble.

i haven't played it yet, but... try picking characters with cancels into safe special moves or ones that can be made safe by charge dash cancelling. tag cancels might be safe as well, but those burn meter. there might be also ex moves that can make chains safe, but again that burns meter.

zlatko

Banned

Links are still present, and what the common set ups will become are link link, then go into a chain.

Are they easier? Early reports say a bit yeah, but the game will most likely still have BnB combos with 2 frame or 1 frame links.

My tip is aside from practice, and videos, to pick easier characters that fit your play style. In UMvC3 I'd like to play Magneto, but I honestly suck at his combos, and so I use Nova who has a lot of the same tools, does more damage, has more health, and also has a far smaller execution requirement imo.

Just play around with a lot of characters to find ones that you are comfortable with.

Top Bottom