• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ken

AAK, adding your avatars to the first 3 posts =)

Also, if anyone wants to add their Gamertags to the 3rd post, include your gamertag and what system you'll be playing it on. I apologize for not updating it recently >_<

XBL GT: Chocopolka

@Cack & vice- Umm could you also provide which systems you'll be playing the game on please?

I usually see GT to imply 360 gamertags, while people use PSN for well, PSN ids.

B00TE

As it stands right now, I'm probably getting a copy on Monday. Not way too urley, but hell I'll take it!

Watching some urley stream footage from yesterday. Loving ground/wall bounces so much, seems like every character has one.

Esura

Banned
God dammit! I'll be right there with you. I'll get my goddamn wins if it kills me.

It's okay, he he's made odd calls in the past that turned out different.

We will make Asuka work. :)

Wow, I did not know Asuka supposed to be low tiered. She was my main in Tekken so she was already day one with Chun Li for me.

Asuka love. :)

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;35653932 said:
Confirmed people like anything Japanese. Not that the US cover art is great or anything, but that JP cover is hella ugly. Yeah.

Not really, its just I like how there is more characters on the cover of the JPN version than ours in a cool way whereas the US version is just relegated to Ryu, Chun Li, Kazuya, and Nina. Generally I'm hit and miss when it comes to US vs JPN/ASIA covers. Sometimes I like one over the other sometimes I don't.

My PSN: Bent_My_Wookiee

I'm probably going to be one of the crappier players on here since I seem to suck at most fighting games. But I hope to put some time in with SFxT and get somewhat decent.

Skilletor

XBL: Skillzilla81
PSN: Skillzilla81

If I like the game, I'll buy it on PS3. And Vita. Right now, 360 only.

Damn you, fighting games.

mollipen

Shidoshi, can you please post the art for your Poison arcade stick please? a friend of mine would like to use it.

Art, as in the Capcom Poison art that I used? Or the full stick design art?

If it's the former, sure, I can grab the art. If it's the latter, then I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but no. I'm very much into the idea of doing your own thing (even if it's based on a similar idea but a custom design), and I'd feel really weird having somebody using the exact same design I put together for my own stick&#8212;just as I'd never want to just use the design somebody else had come up with.

Oh, and if anybody has the game, I'm going to hop onto the PS3 version right now! With early copies now floating around out there, maybe I'll finally find somebody online to play against.

smurfx

get some go again
if anybody wants street fighter x tekken early in socal you can go to a store called gameplay in long beach. i just called and they said they had it in. i remembered to call them since they offered ultimate marvel early.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wow, I did not know Asuka supposed to be low tiered. She was my main in Tekken so she was already day one with Chun Li for me.

Asuka love. :)

Chun-li was also going to be Asuka's partner for me, but now I'm thinking about switching her out for Xiaoyu.

XBL: NKRumor

ShinAmano

Since no one seems to want me to buy their copy for them...anyone want to point me in the direction of some good art? I will make some custom covers and avatars over the weekend.

Tizoc

Art, as in the Capcom Poison art that I used? Or the full stick design art?

If it's the former, sure, I can grab the art. If it's the latter, then I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but no. I'm very much into the idea of doing your own thing (even if it's based on a similar idea but a custom design), and I'd feel really weird having somebody using the exact same design I put together for my own stick—just as I'd never want to just use the design somebody else had come up with.

Oh, and if anybody has the game, I'm going to hop onto the PS3 version right now! With early copies now floating around out there, maybe I'll finally find somebody online to play against.

Full stick design I mean, and thanks.

mollipen

Got a chance to try a few matches online, and... hmm. In pretty much every fight, I was experiencing weird audio issues. Like, half of the time, audio for hits / effects / etc. just simply weren't there. The game will be totally normal, and then get REALLY quiet, and then go back to normal.

I don't remember experiencing anything like this on SFIV, but I was also playing that on the Xbox 360 and not PS3. Did the PS3 version ever have anything like that when playing online? I wonder if it's just this game needing some kinks ironed out, or if that's just something to do with the way the PS3's online works (which wouldn't make much sense to me).

Whatever it was, it was kind of throwing me off, which is the last thing I need at my skill level! *laughs*

smurfx

get some go again
Got a chance to try a few matches online, and... hmm. In pretty much every fight, I was experiencing weird audio issues. Like, half of the time, audio for hits / effects / etc. just simply weren't there. The game will be totally normal, and then get REALLY quiet, and then go back to normal.

I don't remember experiencing anything like this on SFIV, but I was also playing that on the Xbox 360 and not PS3. Did the PS3 version ever have anything like that when playing online? I wonder if it's just this game needing some kinks ironed out, or if that's just something to do with the way the PS3's online works (which wouldn't make much sense to me).

Whatever it was, it was kind of throwing me off, which is the last thing I need at my skill level! *laughs*
isn't there supposed to be some kind of big day 1 patch? wonder if this has something to do with it. anybody know of some places offering good deals on sfxtekken? i want to get both the game and the new pad but i want to save some money. -_- yo markman hook it up!

zlatko

Banned
If anyone finds an extra copy of a Collectors Edition for 360 in the next few hours and wants to make 10 bucks well....

I'll PayPal you the cost of game, 10 bucks extra, and cover over night shipping. We can do it through the buy/sell/trade thread here and make it all official and on the up and up.

PM me if interested.

Atruvius

Or... you could just watch the streams and/or youtube videos.
Fighting games aren't really my genre. I only bought Mortal Kombat because I had fun with the demo. Sure, I'm interested in this game but I don't want to get burned like I got with Soul Calibur IV, which I bought before trying the demo and only played 20 hours (online was so laggy).

Maybe I'll bite when the price goes down.

cackhyena

Fighting games aren't really my genre. I only bought Mortal Kombat because I had fun with the demo. Sure, I'm interested in this game but I don't want to get burned like I got with Soul Calibur IV, which I bought before trying the demo and only played 20 hours (online was so laggy).

I don't think I could play 20 hours of something that isn't really "my genre". It sounds like you should definitely wait for rental or major price drop.

zlatko

Banned

If you are worried about online issues I wouldn't fret to be honest. The netcode is just improved SSF4 as far as I know, and SSF4 is rock solid, bar some issues here and there.

SC4 was a nightmare and games after have done a shit ton to not end up that way. I can't think of a game as of late that was THAT bad like SC4 was. There's been some iffy ones like KoF13, but developers seem to finally be at the point to make it a fun experience for players.

You could always just rent it and try it man or go to a friend's house who bought it.

oroboros

There is some kind of sound bug when playing online. It's for sure not supposed to be like that. Also, nothing to do with PS3 version, because I was watching streams last night and people on both consoles were having the same audio drop out issues online. It will probably be fixed in an upcoming patch, hopefully day 1. But all the streamers said it didn't add any lag to the actual gameplay and that the netcode feels really good, so that's a plus at least.

I hate the people playing this on my friendlist already -_-

Also I wish that they would put Championship mode back in. That was the best online ranking system for all of their games..since every other one is just ranked

Top Bottom