• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Xevren

What are the properties for Bryans knee lunge attack? Is it unblockable when it's an EX?

I think it's like Hakan's spd+k attack, where if you're standing/airborne it hits, so if you block low you can punish. At least his normal one is that way.

After losing 850 BP from picking I new team I'm coming back!

Landed a 24 hit combo with Hwoarang into one tag. Felt pretty good stylin' like that.

Also, Hwoarang can do 331 damage from a chainsaw kick with no meter.

Exr

PSN ID is ExarKun--. Ill be online after work today if anybody wants to body me, I want to play against more varied characters!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Add me, guys! lyteedge2 on PSN. I play on both PS3 and Vita. lyteedge on 360.

Q, are you ever gonna remove my old PSN ID from your friends list and re-add lyteedge2?

T_T

wtf why do you have a second account, also your lyteedge 2 account is full on friends noob

PSN ID is ExarKun--. Ill be online after work today if anybody wants to body me, I want to play against more varied characters!
i think i ran into you a few times, didn't realize you were from gaf tho.

are you west coast/midwest? i'm convinced no east coasters play on ps3. i usually end up having to stay up past 1am to get good 5bar matches, which i really shouldn't be staying up that late.

Bob White

This fucking game.

Nope, doesn't matter that I'm out playing you and reading 90% of your derp dash foward jump ins. Know why it doesn't matter? Because eventually, you'll get through and magic series me into super. AWESOME!

Now you can runaway and stall the game for a win!

Seriously, I think the concept of AAs are broken in this game. In SF, since average health is 1000, hitting someone with an 100 damage AA means something.

But since most teams in x tekken have an average of 2000 hp, my little AAs mean you dont learn your lesson. Ever. Just keep jumping in. And when you do, land a easy combo into easy super.

Fuck this scubby ass shit...lol, I'm still down to play with any of you guys tonight though

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This fucking game.

Nope, doesn't matter that I'm out playing you and reading 90% of your derp dash foward jump ins. Know why it doesn't matter? Because eventually, you'll get through and magic series me into super. AWESOME!

Seriously, I think the concept of AAs are broken in this game. In SF, since average health is 1000, hitting someone with an 100 damage AA means something.

But since most teams in x tekken have an average of 2000 hp, my little AAs mean you dont learn your lesson. Ever. Just keep jumping in. And when you do, land a easy combo into easy super.

Fuck this scubby ass shit...lol, I'm still down to play with any of you guys tonight though

AA's still mean a lot in this if someone is just running away all day it's easier to open them up. Just gotta play smart the entire match

kirblar

This fucking game.

Paul anti-airs lead to WAY more than 100 damage.

Question for any Ibuki players here.

Has her EX Kunai always been able to tag her out? Haven't played in months and I don't remember that move being able to do this.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Runaway has been pretty nerfed compared to 2012, though. Les retreating moves, smaller backdashes, and more universal counters to runaway tactics. Not to mention landing a normal throw neuters health regen, forcing people to NEED to be in your face, if you can make your damage permanent.

But most AA in this game can lead to combos, which do 300 / 500 damage. Even if all you do is AA + Mixup throw, you'll be netting around 200 damage + Negated red health.

And new Pandora is actually.. oddly useful. Can combo into it, or use it fast enough to give yourself a boosted damage, instantly-full-with-meter punish in multiple situations. Heck, you could even use Pandora to turn AA's into 3 meter-fueled killer combos, now.

And lets not forget most people who play derpy like to forward roll A LOT... I once caught a guy in 4 foward rolls in a row with throws... you'd THINK he'd stop after the first, or second...

Bob White

AA's still mean a lot in this if someone is just running away all day it's easier to open them up. Just gotta play smart the entire match

Oh, I know about high damage AA combos. But still, something is really off here. If I'm on defense, I have to play way harder than the guy doing random jumps. This game needs command back dashing like a motherfucker.

Also, wtf is up with jump ins crossing up in the corner, then landing them back in front of you? It's giving people amazing mix up power...all from a normal jump in. Stupid, stupid shit.

quick edit

Who are the characters with great AA combos? I know Juri, Ibuki, Ling, and Nina. But all of their AA moves are really hard to space and time. Which means, if you're off, you're fucked.

Hey I need help with something, I tried running sfxt application without logging in to my steam account like I did with AE. However, it gave me an error message stating "Failed to initialize steam". Can anyone give me a solution to this problem?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh, I know about high damage AA combos. But still, something is really off here. If I'm on defense, I have to play way harder than the guy doing random jumps. This game needs command back dashing like a motherfucker.

Also, wtf is up with jump ins crossing up in the corner, then landing them back in front of you? It's giving people amazing mix up power...all from a normal jump in. Stupid, stupid shit.

quick edit

Who are the characters with great AA combos? I know Juri, Ibuki, Ling, and Nina. But all of their AA moves are really hard to space and time. Which means, if you're off, you're fucked.

Asuka, paul, ogre, anyone with a dp they can tag cancel out on. If your character is fast don't be afraid to just jump up and air to air them with a quick counter hit that causes a juggle state.

The game in general rewards offense a great deal though. You gotta get your ball rolling and keep it going.

Bob White

Asuka, paul, ogre, anyone with a dp they can tag cancel out on. If your character is fast don't be afraid to just jump up and air to air them with a quick counter hit that causes a juggle state

Hmmm, haven't really considered tag cancelling AAs. And I alwayys have so much meter...bah

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So is the EX Kunai special similar to a physical hit?

Because I tried to do the same with her normal Kunai and Rolento's EX Stinger move but I can't tag cancel out of those.

Probably some projectiles in this game don't count as normal projectiles *ogre cant reflect them*

Exr

i think i ran into you a few times, didn't realize you were from gaf tho.

are you west coast/midwest? i'm convinced no east coasters play on ps3. i usually end up having to stay up past 1am to get good 5bar matches, which i really shouldn't be staying up that late.

Haha yeah I remember you after seeing your avatar. You were the Hugo who kept sweeping the shit out of me. Im west coast though but ggs, learned a lot about Poison after that!

So is the EX Kunai special similar to a physical hit?

Because I tried to do the same with her normal Kunai and Rolento's EX Stinger move but I can't tag cancel out of those.
interesting. i know poison and sagat can switch cancel their fireballs from point blank range, but not from half screen away. so it may not necessarily be an issue with projectiles.

kirblar

interesting. i know poison and sagat can switch cancel their fireballs from point blank range, but not from half screen away. so it may not necessarily be an issue with projectiles.
I thought they adjusted something w/ a lot of full screen "safe" tag moves, if I'm not mistaken.

Horseress

Don't know if anyone saw this yet, but here we go:

The 5 preset gems:

Gem Set 1 (Attack)

• Gem 001: Immense Power Lv. 1: Connect with 5 normal moves. Gain +10% damage output for 20 sec.
• Gem 019: Immense Power Lv. 1: Your partner connects with 1 Launcher. Gain +10% damage output for 20 sec.
• Gem 038: Immense Power Lv. 2: Escape 1 throw. Gain +20% damage output for 15 sec.

Gem Set 2 (Defense)

• Gem 046: Iron Wall Lv. 1: Block 5 times. Gain +10% incurred damage reduction for 20 sec.
• Gem 050: Iron Wall Lv. 1: Get hit by 2 Special Moves. Gain +10% incurred damage reduction for 20 sec.
• Gem 056: Iron Wall Lv. 1: Perform 1 Cross Cancel. Gain +10% incurred damage reduction for 20 sec.

Gem Set 3 (Cross Gauge)

• Gem 207: Onslaught Lv. 1: Connect with 3 Special Moves. Gain +20% Cross Gauge acqusition rate for 20 sec.
• Gem 205: Onslaught Lv. 1: Have your attack blocked 4 times. Gain +20% Cross Gauge acquisition rate for 20 sec.
• Gem 214: Onslaught Lv. 2: Your partner connects with 1 Launcher. Gain +40% Cross Gauge acquisition rate for 15 sec.

Gem Set 4 (Pandora)

• Gem 024: Immense Power Lv. 3: Go into Pandora state. Gain +30% damage output for 10 sec.
• Gem 245: Proficiency Lv. 2: Go into Pandora state. Gain +20% Cross Gauge usage reduction for 15 sec.
• Gem 139: Divine Speed Lv. 3: Go into Pandora state. Gain +20% movement speed for 10 sec.

Gem Set 5 (Balance)

• Gem 001: Immense Power Lv. 1: Connect with 5 normal moves. Gain +10% damage output for 20 sec.
• Gem 048: Iron Wall Lv. 2: Block 10 times. Gain +20% incurred damage reduction for 15 sec.
• Gem 205: Onslaught Lv. 1: Have your attack blocked 4 times. Gain +20% Cross Gauge acquisition rate for 20 sec.

DR2K

Banned
This fucking game.

Which characters are you using?

Been messing around with Christie, she is gooood.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Christie is amazing she has one of the best if not THE best anti air normal now in terms of hitbox if you saw a little bit earlier in the thread she has one of the best mix up games off a knockdown as well

Bob White

Using Christie and Dhalsim right now. Her cr.HP is a godsend for AA. No real damage but super dependable. So, doing way better.

My salt now is directed at PSN/online. It's fucking garbage. Funny, I thought the online was awesome before they fixed the sound. Dropped frames but really playable.

Almost bored of the game/2013 now. Just, how can anyone learn anything with 90% of the competition online doesn't give a fuck and plays it like marvel.

Bob White

Christie is amazing she has one of the best if not THE best anti air normal now in terms of hitbox if you saw a little bit earlier in the thread she has one of the best mix up games off a knockdown as well

I think everyone in the game should be given an AA as go-to as hers. Except for Ogre and Julia.

DR2K

Banned
Using Christie and Dhalsim right now. Her cr.HP is a godsend for AA. No real damage but super dependable. So, doing way better.

My salt now is directed at PSN/online. It's fucking garbage. Funny, I thought the online was awesome before they fixed the sound. Dropped frames but really playable.

Almost bored of the game/2013 now. Just, how can anyone learn anything with 90% of the competition online doesn't give a fuck and plays it like marvel.

You just won me a match, didn't know how godly her cr.HP was, lol.

PSN online is a mixed bag for me, sometimes it's great, then sometimes random dropped inputs happen.

Exr

ggs iheart! I've never played against Asuka and Yoshi and Julia before, they were frightening. Your combos from Asukas overheads had me shitting myself on wakeup. Also Yoshis goddamn spinning sword thing, every time he does it I just want to jump or hit a button.

Top Bottom