• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I remember Ryan Hart talking on Cross Assault about how happy he was Blanka wasn't in this... since Blanka would probably be a beast like in CVS2 :(

Being electro-tagged would be the icing on the cake for me. I'm out lol

Loving how Law moves in that clip. So much Tekken in that one.

Xiaoki

Here's the situation. Games are 60 bucks. It's been that way for what, since last gen?

Guess what has happened since last gen? The cost for making games has gone up. A lot up. Stupid up.

How are they going to still turn profits and convince the guys at the top of the ladder that their next game is a good idea(darkstalkers let's say), if they can't put proof in the pudding with sales results?

You can't raise the price of the game from 60 to higher, because it'd turn off the whole possible consumer base. So, they have an allotted budget and development cycle. In that time and with those funds they get as much done as possible, wrap it up, and make some plans for extra income from the people who want to stick with the game and give them more motivation to keep putting it in in the form of DLC.

Now we haven't seen how they plan to dish these characters out, but if it was like $4.99-$6.99 for 2-4 characters, then I'd be okay with this.

I like games getting support after release, and I like DLC being something desirable by me. These kinds of DLC's also help fund new versions of the game with discounted prices as well as pay for updates the game may need post launch.

I'm much finer with paying for DLC I want. I'm also glad it's DLC that isn't on disc already. This means they are still working post launch.

If the cut off time/budget made it so these 12 could never come, that would suck more than paying a bit here and there months after launch for extra incentive to refresh your thirst for the game.

Now, if they announce a Super SFxT in this same year with those 12, for 40 bucks? I think we can 100% start writing off Capcom's launch games altogether. I'm not into beta testing your games (MvC3), just so I can get the real thing 6 months later.(UMvC3)

Luckily SFxT is Ono's team and is a full ass product on the disc here at 60 for launch. He likes to do new versions a year down the line. I'll gladly drop 40 bucks next year for Super SFxT if it adds more of what I may very well fall in love with.

Gaming is my only hobby and personal guilty pleasure to spend $ in, and I'm perfectly alright with paying for things I want.
So, if these games are so stupidly expensive to make and Capcom is FORCED to add DLC characters to cover expenses then why is Namco able to produce Tekken Tag 2 with 45 characters, 2 outfits per characters and customizable outfits all in one package?

If Namco can do it then so can Capcom. But why? Why would Capcom offer you these characters and outfits for free when they know people will pay for them?

So, if these games are so stupidly expensive to make and Capcom is FORCED to add DLC characters to cover expenses then why is Namco able to produce Tekken Tag 2 with 45 characters, 2 outfits per characters and customizable outfits all in one package?

If Namco can do it then so can Capcom. But why? Why would Capcom offer you these characters and outfits for free when they know people will pay for them?

You mean Tekken 6? Tekken Tag Tournament 2 isn't out on consoles yet. TTT2 is also currently missing 2P costumes but yeah they have a collection of customisations that is growing periodically.

alba

Little is the new Big
Part of the GAF scrubs club, add me on psn: alba17. Obviously since I'm from Europe, I don't have the game yet, hopefully by friday grrr! I hate release dates.

LProtag

I don't have it yet either, but I'm up for a PSN scrubs chat on Tuesday. Gotta get my stick, haven't moved it over to my new place.

This is how games are developed. People need to stop with the "cut out for DLC" argument. all that stuff is planned out to be DLC, whether you believe it or not. If they don't do that, they're doing awful planning and keeping up with how the industry works now.

Ok, so let's pretend this DLC never existed. Does the base package seem like a reasonably "complete" game with an acceptable number of characters? I'd certainly say yes.

Interesting hypothetical. But the reality is that the DLC does exist, and you can either choose to buy it or have a gimped experience compared to other players online. For my money the complete game is not worth double the price of other similar fighting games.

Given how UMvC3 has been handled I know there won't be a "Super Street Fighter X Tekken" in 12 months containing these characters so my options are two-fold. Support this, feel ripped off and encourage Capcom to keep doing this in future games. Or boycott this, have more cash in my pocket and play something I do feel is good value. I choose the latter. Capcom have lost a sale.

Kuugrr

Somebody on Arturo's stream is claiming the PS3 version is the one to get. He says people from Capcom and other players have said it was better than the 360 version, but was kinda unclear about what "better" meant.

Somebody on Arturo's stream is claiming the PS3 version is the one to get. He says people from Capcom and other players have said it was better than the 360 version, but was kinda unclear about what "better" meant.

What he meant was sony is paying out the ass so capcom will claim that lol

I have no idea but we should just wait and see which version is better.

LowParry

What he meant was sony is paying out the ass so capcom will claim that lol

I have no idea but we should just wait and see which version is better.

LI Joe is saying there is stage lag on the PS3 version. Who knows. It's probably not a big deal in the end. Just go with what version you have the most friends on playing the game.

Tizoc

Guys the leak that said characters would cost 8 dollars also said Leo was in the game and that Gouki and Ogre can be unlocked for 5 dollars.
I once again remind you-
QAcgO.jpg

For anyone that's been wondering this is what Jack-X's alt. is based on-
OqMcR.gif

Where ? How ? When ?

Livin' in Arabiaaaaaaaaaaa~

so to confirm on the Xbox disc there is character data including prologues and endings for the following characters

Capcom:

Guy/Cody
Dudley/Elena
Sakura/Blanka
Megaman

Namco:
Lars/Alisa
Jack/Bryan
Lei/Christie
PacMan

Hmm silly question but what about their voice clips? Are they in the game as well?

Westlo

Any videos of Cammy's trials out there? I'm dying to see it

Trial 20 is...

Trial20: close hk, jc ex strike, close hk, jc ex strike, stand hp, EX Spiral.

You can add on after that EX Spiral off course... here's some sample combos from The-Olympian on SRK.

The-Olympian on SRK said:
yeah i already mentioned that you can loop close hk into jc ex strike. its actually the only way to get multiple strikes in 1 combo.

Examples:

- 1bar mid screen: jhp, close hk, jc hk strike, st.cl.hp, st.far.hp, EX Spiral, st.cl.hp, HK Spike (459dmg)
- 2bars mid screen: jhp, close hk, jc hk strike, st.cl.hp, crhp, Super (541dmg)
- 3bars corner: jhk, close hk, jc ex strike, close hk, jc ex strike, st.cl.hp, st.far.hp, EX Spiral, stand mp, stand mp, stand mp, HK Spike (502dmg)

Some more combos from DaFeetLee, also SRK. That Cammy and Rolento combo vid I posted just before was by him.

DaFeetLee said:
2 Bars off a jump-in:

J.hk, s.hk JC EX CS, cl.hp, s.hp, ex SA, cl.hp, cl.hp, HK DP - 482 damage
J.hk, s.hk jc HK CS, cl.hp, s.hp, Super - 541 damage

1 Bar off a jump-in:

J.hk, s.hk JC HK CS, cl.hp, s.hp, ex SA, cl.hp, cl.hp, HK DP - 466 damage

More Notes from The-Olympian.

Notes:

- nothing links after strike if its not tk'd. Or hits below the waist. The same for ex strike. Both are extremely slow. You can link close hk only from ex tkcs and jump attacks. The timing for the link is very weird.

- SBF is significantly improved. It comes out fast. Ex version causes a wall bounce:

Followups to ex (juggle):

Dash, crmp, st.far.hp. Spike
Jump regular or ex strike (land), Spike.

- her super links from crhp. Combo: st.cl.hp, cr.hp, super.

+

Wow. Strike is still not an overhead. Hooligan doesn't grab crouching. They added extra startup before she rolls.

Forward throw. Mp hooligan trap doesn't work anymore. Strike is too slow.

Good stuff: close hk is jump cancelable. Links into cannon strike. From there u can link anything.

Double fierce combo works into HK Spiral hits twice.

Crhp, crmk, HK Spiral hits once.

+

Familiar combos are possible.

- crossup j.lk, crlp, st.cl.hp, crmk, HK Spiral (2hits)
- st.cl.mp, crmp, HK Spiral (2hits)
- crlk, crlp, st.far.lp, crmk, Hk Spiral (2hits)

Can followup with crossup j.HK, st.cl.hk, jc hk strike, st.cl.hp, st.far.hp, HK Spiral (2hits) (with bars you can loop close hk into jc ex strike)

St.far.mk is a good poke. I feel it has more range compared to sf4 but the only possible followup from max range is st.far.hk.

You can cancel into specials from close hk as well using jump cancel. Close hk jump cancel into arrow or spike is possible.

Can't combo into SBF.

naib

I've been out of the loop but watching the Furby stream. Just heard the dude ranting about the PS3 version being better.. I prefer my 360 stick, but do I remeber right that pacman and fat mega man are PS3 exclusive? That would be hard to pass up.

Tizoc

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD TO KNOW ABOUT THE EXTRA CHARACTERS!

I've been out of the loop but watching the Furby stream. Just heard the dude ranting about the PS3 version being better.. I prefer my 360 stick, but do I remeber right that pacman and fat mega man are PS3 exclusive? That would be hard to pass up.

They will be on 360 eventually.

To the Pad players; do you think there could be an option that makes Supers be performed with Motion+HP+HK instead of pressing 3 buttons?

Man, that Blanka/Sakura ending is heartwarming as all get-out.

To the Pad players; do you think there could be an option that makes Supers be performed with Motion+HP+HK instead of pressing 3 buttons?
Probably not. It won't be a huge deal to me anyways, since I'm so used to doing EX moves with only two buttons in SF4.

Imm0rt4l

Yea all the characters will make their way to the 360 at some point, well aside from Cole. Console specific characters is such a stupid idea.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wait, supers are three buttons? Seriously?

Well, I'm glad I've got a day or two to reconsider my preorder. I've got a Hori FC3 Pro fightpad, but even then, 3P or 3K can be iffy for me to press. It all depends on how strict they are with the timings, I guess.

And still, I really don't like what this means for normal pad users. It's really just reinforcing the stereotype that fighters like this are just completely inaccessible and you shouldn't even bother buying it if you don't play with a stick and watch streams every day.

LowParry

Well, I'm glad I've got a day or two to reconsider my preorder. I've got a Hori FC3 Pro fightpad, but even then, 3P or 3K can be iffy for me to press. It all depends on how strict they are with the timings, I guess.

And still, I really don't like what this means for normal pad users. It's really just reinforcing the stereotype that fighters like this are just completely inaccessible and you shouldn't even bother buying it if you don't play with a stick and watch streams every day.

I don't see what the problem is. Pad players can play the game just fine I'd guess. Look at SFIV. With throws, FADC's, Ultra's. If pad players can play that like a pro, SFxT should a little easier with execution because you're not using a double motion for Supers.

Edit: Shoulder buttons should be mapped with both 3xKick and 3xPunch anyway.

Tizoc

Yea all the characters will make their way to the 360 at some point, well aside from Cole. Console specific characters is such a stupid idea.

Give Geki a sword and give him Cole's movelist, with a little imagination they can work for him.
The Sony cats are cool, although they have barely any range with their normals.

You changed something? :p

Also you misnamed Level Up Your Game's character walkthroughs as Level|Up's btw.

I thought I fixed that? Oh well thanks for the heads up.

Rocwell

If you have an 8 button controller you can put 3p/3k on 1 button without losing your usual 6. Also supers are a single fireball motion instead of the usual double fireball. And they have an auto combo function you can use at the cost of meter.

There is also a decent tutorial this time around in addition to the trial and mission modes.

Honestly this is probably the most accessible Capcom fighter to date.

Nose Master

Pushing two face buttons simultaneously on a pad isn't too bad, really. Well, if you have fat thumbs.

Ending stuff being ripped is pretty gross.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trial 20 is...

Trial20: close hk, jc ex strike, close hk, jc ex strike, stand hp, EX Spiral.

You can add on after that EX Spiral off course... here's some sample combos from The-Olympian on SRK.

Some more combos from DaFeetLee, also SRK. That Cammy and Rolento combo vid I posted just before was by him.

More Notes from The-Olympian.

Can't combo into SBF.

Thank you! Sounds awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

naib

Sorry. Read the OP when it was first created I think.

Yeah. Console exclusive characters are a Really dumb idea.

Top Bottom