• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

KAL2006

Banned
I was going to get this game day 1, but have decided to get Twisted Metal instead. Will wait for the 12 DLC characters to get released as a special bundle deal, and buy the game used. I am not too bothered though as I will have Twisted MEtal to keep me busy, and Diablo 3 may come out on April 17th.

V_Arnold

Wow. Kazuya's Mist Step will either relax and unlock my left hand for stick motions, or will simply kill me. We will see in a couple of weeks...

I was going to get this game day 1, but have decided to get Twisted Metal instead. Will wait for the 12 DLC characters to get released as a special bundle deal, and buy the game used. I am not too bothered though as I will have Twisted MEtal to keep me busy, and Diablo 3 may come out on April 17th.

Really, man? Twisted Metal, of all things? o_O

Atruvius

I think I'm gonna pre-order this today. Pre-order only Nordic edition gives 35 gems from the start.

Are here any fighting game scrubs from Europe who are gonna buy the PS3 version? Or is the netcode good enough to play with the guys across the pond?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So there are 3 sets of alt costumes for each character at this moment?

Westlo

So there are 3 sets of alt costumes for each character at this moment?

Yep, Lili for instance is...

Lili standard
Lili Poison
Lili Halloween or is it an I-NO reference....

Considering Capcom's plans for this game I'm sure we'll get another set of costumes down the line that will be downloads like the last set of SFIV costumes.

Once again I pray to the gods of the Season Pass to bestow themselves amongst this game.

CPS2

Just had a look at the Ryu frame data, his dragon punch is pretty much the same speed as SF4, except the EX one is 5F startup now. Also cr.MPx2 is a 4F link lol. It doesn't look like the added frame advantage is just going to make a new batch of 1F links, I mean cr.MP is +7, you just hit confirm easily with links and then get into the chains and juggles without much hassle.

Apparently a pdf of Jin Kazama's information was posted up (around 100mb). Not sure If it's from the guide but it's on Capcom's server so I'll take the caution and not post it. (On Capcom-Unity fyi)

And lol normal throw data. (Note: this is data from Ryu's normal throw. Might be different for other characters since Jin's normal throw does 150 damage instead)

130 damage | 7f startup | 2f active | 20f recovery

Riposte

Apparently a pdf of Jin Kazama's information was posted up (around 100mb). Not sure If it's from the guide but it's on Capcom's server so I'll take the caution and not post it.

And lol normal throw data

If it is a single page Seth Killian posted it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Apparently a pdf of Jin Kazama's information was posted up (around 100mb). Not sure If it's from the guide but it's on Capcom's server so I'll take the caution and not post it.

And lol normal throw data

How much health is the avg? 1000?

How much health is the avg? 1000?

I'd say around there.

Name | Health
--------------
Hugo | 1200
Ryu | 1000
Jin | 1000
Asuka | 950
Chun Li | 900
Lili | Around 900 (?)
Ibuki | 900

Look at dat tax. Well that's all so far, but hey If anyone has the time and the game they can get the data for the rest of the roster. Go to training mode as Jin and just do standing jab over and over. Jin's jab does approx 30 damage so count the amount of hits needed to finish the other character off.

But if you guys say that there aren't any issues with gems...

From the looks they will be balanced enough. Time will tell. The main concern for me is how viable they will be in a tournament setting. The UI for picking them just isn't going to work and the USB solution isn't either. So unless that is sorted, you will not be using them in tournies, which may make getting used to them online not a great idea (depending on what you want to do of course).

Can you disable gems in online matches?

Nope.

For throw damage reference btw, Rufus' forward throw in SF4 is 150 damage, and it's one of the highest damage throws in the game. So Ryu getting 130 damage is pretty good.

EDIT: There's a guy on SRK who's put up voiceless character endings for all the DLC characters. Given that Megaman and Pac-Man both have intros and outros, and given that both the intros and outros are on the 360 disk too, it looks like we'll be seeing them on the 360 version at some point. Which is great news.

Tizoc

Spent some time finishing some of the Trials, gonna leave Abel's Trial 18 for later as I rather like it ;P

Westlo

From the looks they will be balanced enough. Time will tell. The main concern for me is how viable they will be in a tournament setting. The UI for picking them just isn't going to work and the USB solution isn't either. So unless that is sorted, you will not be using them in tournies, which may make getting used to them online not a great idea (depending on what you want to do of course).

Why wouldn't the USB solution work? You just buy USB hubs which are like $5 each, heck take out the hub and usb sticks after the layouts are loaded if people are going to blame non-existent "lag" caused by the usb hub. Shadowloo Showdown 2k11 had... maybe 7 or 8 setups to run the pools (1 at a time.. were big... big pools...) for SFIV, that's $40 tops to ensure a much quicker selection... even quicker than SFIV and MVC3 since you can skip button checks.

If people don't wanna bring USB sticks than they have to stick with the default setups, simple as that. You'll find if that rule was enforced people would suddenly start bringing usb sticks.. especially if some good setups are found, anyone who plays a Pandora team for instance is going to be stuffed using default gems.

I just noticed, now with the DLC characters, all of the original SF2 characters and the 4 bosses are in the game except for E. Honda. I wonder what Capcom has against poor Honda and Ganryu. No Sumo representation. Although I do recall seeing Honda show up in one of the backgrounds.

krazen

Why wouldn't the USB solution work? You just buy USB hubs which are like $5 each, heck take out the hub and usb sticks after the layouts are loaded if people are going to blame non-existent "lag" caused by the usb hub. Shadowloo Showdown 2k11 had... maybe 7 or 8 setups to run the pools (1 at a time.. were big... big pools...) for SFIV, that's $40 tops to ensure a much quicker selection... even quicker than SFIV and MVC3 since you can skip button checks.

If people don't wanna bring USB sticks than they have to stick with the default setups, simple as that. You'll find if that rule was enforced people would suddenly start bringing usb sticks.. especially if some good setups are found, anyone who plays a Pandora team for instance is going to be stuffed using default gems.

LOL.

Everyone was afraid the gems would have to be banned because they are too powerful.

Looks like they need to be banned because they are just too much fucking hassle, lol.

Westlo

Being a hassle is mostly the reason Keits banned them from his tourney the moment they were announced. Anyway the logical way to do it is Default Setups until Tournament Patch, than USB stick or you're stuck with Default. Who knows, Capcom might have another method to go along with the USB one.. but personally I would like the USB method to stick... since it means no more fucking button checks.

I'd say around there.

Name | Health
--------------
Hugo | 1200
Ryu | 1000
Jin | 1000
Asuka | 950
Chun Li | 900
Lili | Around 900 (?)
Ibuki | 900

Look at dat tax. Well that's all so far, but hey If anyone has the time and the game they can get the data for the rest of the roster. Go to training mode as Jin and just do standing jab over and over. Jin's jab does approx 30 damage so count the amount of hits needed to finish the other character off.

Someone on SRK did that for most of the female characters, also I think Zangief is 1150, second most in the game behind Hugo.

Julia | 1000
Nina | 900
Juri | 900
Lili | 900
Ling | 900
Poison | 950

Julia | 1000
Nina | 900
Juri | 900
Lili | 900
Ling | 900
Poison | 950

I really wish we could get a justification on some of the health values... I mean, I understand why Juri, Ling and Lili are below average but I would love to know the reasons behind the other three listed here. Although I haven't played the game yet so I can't really tell what these characters are truly capable of.

Westlo

Has anyone seen someone tech roll forward out of a sweep knockdown? Guide lists 3 knockdowns...

Knockdown (Which you can quick stand or tech roll)
Hard knockdown (Tech roll only)
Sweep knockdown (??)

When someone on SRK said that in the mechanics thread someone replied back...

I was in training yesterday and you can't tech Ryu's sweep knockdown. I don't know if that applies to all sweeps or not.

Than I watched some scrubby stream replay and this Asuka/Cammy player was playing against one of the cats (godlike theme, real talk) and he was tech rolling everything except for sweeps...

I really wish we could get a justification on some of the health values... I mean, I understand why Juri, Ling and Lili are below average but I would love to know the reasons behind the other three listed here. Although I haven't played the game yet so I can't really tell what these characters are truly capable of.

Nina looks really strong... the low health is likely more than justified.. I think Ricky was saying she was the strongest and than Magus posted in the Nina thread that he's heard some crazy shit about Nina... heck I didn't even need to read any of that, I thought she looked good from all the recent media.

mintylurb

LI Joe is saying there is stage lag on the PS3 version. Who knows. It's probably not a big deal in the end. Just go with what version you have the most friends on playing the game.

Besides the supposed lag issue on the ps3 version, doesn't the 360 ver has anti-aliasing while the ps3 ver doesn't?

I mean, I understand why Juri, Ling and Lili are below average but I would love to know the reasons behind the other three listed here.

I'm not too sure, but there is quite a few talk on Nina being a bit strong. I think I heard one time that Capcom was afraid that they made Nina way too strong or something. I would of been fine If Poison has 1000 health though to be honest though. She looks pretty average, has some notable things but then again doesn't. Like Ryu.

I was in training yesterday and you can't tech Ryu's sweep knockdown. I don't know if that applies to all sweeps or not.

Oh dear. Momentum based, knockdown into safe jumping option selects tiem. -_-

Top Bottom