• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

So who has found they like a character who was in SF4 a lot more in this game?
I personally am interested in trying out Juri, her trials showed how she can do some nice damage, and I've never bothered using her in SSF4.

Is it because her ultra isn't fucking useless?

I just picked up Juri again in 2012 but damn constantly whiffing that into death was not fun.

With Charge characters actually having supers/ultras I can execute I could find myself pick them up.

kitzkozan

I'm seeing some day -1 stuff and the game is going to be crazy man, holy crap. 70% of a lifebar from pandora mode (if you can connect of course) . 0_0 Who said it's gonna be useless? The real damage output once people break down the game is going to be insane...

brian

Bison does seem pretty cool, too, even though I always hated him in SF4. I think his normals will be quite effective in this game.

Dre3001

Never really been that serious into fighters.

I have always managed to beat my friends and not be a complete noob but am looking to take the next step and become more serious about it.

What would be better to start with an arcade stick or a fight pad?

AEREC

I have always managed to beat my friends and not be a complete noob but am looking to take the next step and become more serious about it.

If you are just starting out then you might as well start the stick as it will be the best way to play in the end. It would be hard to go from a pad then decide to use a fight stick and have to relearn motions.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guess this is the last time I order from the Capcom Shop. When they didn't ship it early last week, I put in a request to cancel the order, and today...nothing. Not even a notification that it's too late to cancel because the game is being prepared to be shipped out.

Glad I also pre-ordered at Amazon. Gonna get it tomorrow one way or the other!

Will try bestsku next time for the URLEY hook-up.

brian

Arcade sticks are generally seen as the way to play these games by higher level players. You're looking at a $100-$200 investment, though, so make sure you are committed to getting your money's worth out of it if you choose that route. There are also some pro level players who use pad, so it's a viable option if you don't want to drop the cash. Most people I know who spent money on an arcade stick say that it was easily worth the money. I know I've spent hundreds of hours using mine, and would buy another in a second if it broke.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

no

Guess this is the last time I order from the Capcom Shop. When they didn't ship it early last week, I put in a request to cancel the order, and today...nothing. Not even a notification that it's too late to cancel because the game is being prepared to be shipped out.

Glad I also pre-ordered at Amazon. Gonna get it tomorrow one way or the other!

Will try bestsku next time for the URLEY hook-up.
Rule number one of game buying club. NEVER ORDER FROM THE CAPCOM STORE!! Their fulfillers are incompetent. It took me like a month after released to get my vanilla MVC3 from them.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I've tried searching and am not having much luck. Is there any footage or even screens of Lei Wulong yet? He's my favorite character and I'm really curious as to what he is like in this game.

ShinAmano

So I'm a fightpad player for life...but thinking about picking up a stick for shits and giggles...

What is the difference between the 'cross' and 'line' sticks? Besides the art and $20.

So who has found they like a character who was in SF4 a lot more in this game?
I personally am interested in trying out Juri, her trials showed how she can do some nice damage, and I've never bothered using her in SSF4.

For the time I played SSF4, I mained Juri till I quit SFIV completely.

Been playing around with Juri for a good amount and she fits like a glove in this game.

zlatko

Banned
So I'm a fightpad player for life...but thinking about picking up a stick for shits and giggles...

What is the difference between the 'cross' and 'line' sticks? Besides the art and $20.

Line is the tip top primo. Better parts, better stick, larger, and worth every red cent if it's the upgrade to the infamous Tournament Edition sticks.

If you want to learn stick or at least dabble go for Line, because you may be joining the stick side.

Rule number one of game buying club. NEVER ORDER FROM THE CAPCOM STORE!! Their fulfillers are incompetent. It took me like a month after released to get my vanilla MVC3 from them.
That's funny.....mine will be delivered today. They made up for the Vanilla fiasco for Ultimate.

X-men Vs SF wasnt nearly as insane as what MvC has developed into.

wat

Try over half the cast having ToD infinites.

What's that? Damage scaling? Not on their watch.

ShinAmano

Line is the tip top primo. Better parts, better stick, larger, and worth every red cent if it's the upgrade to the infamous Tournament Edition sticks.

If you want to learn stick or at least dabble go for Line, because you may be joining the stick side.

Gotcha...oh I can rock a stick...grew up in the arcade...just prefer pads. Anyhow might grab a line...amazon has them I assume?

vg260

Just to clarify. "Cross" and "Line" are just different art versions of the Mad Catz SFxT Fightstick Pro ($159.99 MSRP). The Fightstick VS is the 199.99 model, The main difference between the two price levels is the form factor. the stick and buttons are the same top Sanwa parts.

You can join two VS sticks together if you buy a $20 bottom fastener plate.

If thats the case then all of these tactics are viable.

Hopefully by then, scaling will bring the damage down enough so you'll survive the rest of the Pandora combo.

Also, the video displays INFINITE meter combos, but not REFILL meter combos. IIRC from what I saw on Cross Assault, it was refill and you had to wait a good second (not in a combo) before your meter started refilling

EDIT: Nevermind, the refill counter starts after your last use of meter, so I guess these are possible if the animations/combos drag long enough for the bar to fill up

It's easy to be impressed by the combo damage you see from naked Pandora, but when you combo into it, unless it resets combo scaling, it's going to be heavily scaled.

Tizoc

It's easy to be impressed by the combo damage you see from naked Pandora, but when you combo into it, unless it resets combo scaling, it's going to be heavily scaled.

No, scaling is not reset if u manage to combo into Pandora. Scaling is normal.

Also, Pandora gives you a 30% attack boost. So with the Pandora Attack Gem that'd be 60% attack boost lol.

No, damage is not reset if u manage to combo into Pandora. Scaling is normal.

Also, Pandora gives you a 30% attack boost.

I thought it was just meter? I remember Seth Killian going off about 30%, but that's because he used a power gem to get that 30%.

Rawkus

Can someone confirm headbutt whiffing on crouching opponents?

THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

As someone who hates Boxer...

o1UNa.gif

Top Bottom