• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Honda is my main and his the only original 8 who didn't make the cut.

I will be maining Heihachi and subbing him with Bison.

Allot of the Tekken characters look way more fun in SF style than lol actual boring SF characters like boring Dhalsim, boring Zangief, boring Guile.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"Yeah, it'll wiff if used in combos because jabs will push the opponent out of LP Headbutt range. Damn YouTube being blocked at work, I want to see the video!"

I was wrong, he was using other strengths of Headbutt. They all essentially work like LP now.

Sad day

Chorazin

"Yeah, it'll wiff if used in combos because jabs will push the opponent out of LP Headbutt range. Damn YouTube being blocked at work, I want to see the video!"

I was wrong, he was using other strengths of Headbutt. They all essentially work like LP now.

Fuck. :( I might just not open the game until after I play my friend's copy Wednesday night and see if I can live with this version of him.

vocab

Fuck dat bike money. Get that new jacket money.

Swag, swag, low. Swag, swag, high. Swag, swag, FLICKA STANCE!

Swag being here when he does his sways.

Steve Fox <3

flicker.gif

haha. Ya I want to play him, but hes gonna require some work. He's probably gonna be ridiculous like every tekken game he's in.

Lothars

Blargh. I ordered this on PS3 assuming that those characters were exclusive, despite doing all my fighting games on 360. Now I need to decide what to do.
They will probably come out in a while for the 360 but they will be exclusive for a while for PS3, so once it goes on sale pick up the copy on 360.

The stages look crazy!

How many stages are in the game?

Yes, but the urban stages suck in this game.

;_;

Give me something like this capcom:

I want to feel like some real shit is about to go down. Instead we have people dancing in the background and little inside jokes sprayed everywhere. Very minor complaint, but I've always been a fan of capcom's old stages (and in some cases Namco's like the first example).

zlatko

Banned
flicker.gif

haha. Ya I want to play him, but hes gonna require some work. He's probably gonna be ridiculous like every tekken game he's in.

Yeah Steve is all about commiting to Steve. He is truly one of a kind and his own no matter where he's placed in. Tekken 6 it's like you are playing a totally different game than anyone else when you play as him.

I'm gonna grind him for 1-2 months, but also dabble with others I'm interested in such as King, Marduk, Jin, Kazuya, Nina, etc. No matter what Rolento stays, but if Steve is just too much on me execution wise, then I'll have to replace him and just cheer the pro ones on.

zlatko

Banned
Not every stage is multi tiered. Jurassic Facility, Half Pipe, and Mishima Estate are though.

This is true, but others change in background esthetics. Like the Pandora stage getting more crazy and orange instead of its start of blue, or the mammoth stage getting more crazier on the chase, as well as the space facility one with Mecha Gief doing more crazy shit.

notworksafe

This is true, but others change in background esthetics. Like the Pandora stage getting more crazy and orange instead of its start of blue, or the mammoth stage getting more crazier on the chase, as well as the space facility one with Mecha Gief doing more crazy shit.

Eh. Except for Space Elevator, they are all the same stage with a different color(s). For the multi-tiered stages, at least you can pick which tier to start on.

That being said, Pitstop 109 is pretty badass.

For those who wanted to see what spectating is like

http://www.twitch.tv/slayer

No difference to me except for the 6 player limit and the world icon on screen.

Getting the game tomorrow and I think what they're doing is fine. I'm personally going to wait and eBay it later for the "GOTY" version with everything on disk instead of buying DLC as it comes out, but it at least gives the option for people to avoid another disk. Their constant use of the term "only disk you need to own" pretty much confirms all this for me. I assume there's going to be a new guide around then too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
*faps vigorously at work to this* King looks soooooo fucking good. I love all his options. Gonna be hard to stay away from him since he looks like Abel 2.0 and I was an Abel main in SF4. :p

Do not dare compare King to anyone 2.0

He is the original. 2-d or otherwise. Da mofucking king.

Chairhome

Because I know some people don't like to click on links and read what's on them.
capcom-unity said:
By now you've heard news that 12 additional characters - previously revealed as PlayStation Vita exclusives - are located on the Street Fighter X Tekken disc. Naturally this means said characters will arrive on the console and PC versions shortly after the Vita version launches later this year, but the real question is why they're on the disc in the first place.

Official statement:

Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after. The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did. More specifics regarding pricing, dates and other additional exciting DLC plans for Street Fighter X Tekken will be shared at a later date. As a reminder, the retail version of the game will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC. The new characters fighting their way onto Street Fighter X Tekken are... from the Street Fighter side... Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura will be playable and from Tekken... Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong will all be available.

By including these 12 characters on the disc, the idea was to ensure easy compatability between players who do and do not choose to download the characters when they arrive as DLC. For example, not buying costumes in the Street Fighter IV series means you will not see the costumes when playing another person who did buy them; on-disc characters avoid this issue and allow everyone to participate in the update without additional patches or hiccups.The update also saves on file size - instead of a massive download, there will be a much smaller unlock that brings the new content to the surface.

This move also furthers our desire to avoid a "Super" version of the game down the road. Everything you need to enjoy this game for months (and years) to come will be accessed by the retail disc available this week. When the DLC update does come, it will inject new life and excitement into the game by unleashing 12 new fighters into the wild.

SFxT has a ton of content on day one, then later this year we reenergize the whole thing with a hefty DLC update, without the need for a second disc. And while pricing details are still to come, I can at least say it'll be a great value considering the size of the update - 12 new characters is pretty substantial, after all.

I understand the reaction, but SFxT is a damn fun game with a ton of content right out of the gate and more stuff - all designed to keep this fresh - to come.

Horseress

The game isn't out yet, comes with 38 characters, and people are complaining for more 12 BEFORE they even touch the first 38?! I don't understand kids those days....

vocab

*faps vigorously at work to this* King looks soooooo fucking good. I love all his options. Gonna be hard to stay away from him since he looks like Abel 2.0 and I was an Abel main in SF4. :p

Pretty sure rolento vs king is a 10-1 matchup.
Rolento-stinger.gif
all day!

:D

kirblar

The game isn't out yet, comes with 38 characters, and people are complaining for more 12 BEFORE they even touch the first 38?! I don't understand kids those days....
The issue is that if you hack the disc, you're going to get to play them for 6 months before everyone else.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm guessing this is to give new life into SFxT after around 7 months. Basically it is like a Super version, where people don't need to update if they don't want t, but can still play against people who bought DLC. I am also guessing a big balance patch will happen along with the 12 DLC characters. I like that it is at least one package, instead of selling characters separately.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
OH I went there.

*drops his books on the ground* *pats his chest with both hands* COME AT ME BRO!

Yo dawg, I don't see King dressing up as Abel in his alt costume.
Abel dressing up trying to be Armor King who isn't even as good as King
Hot spies like Cammy dressing up as King

I'm fine with it, we are already getting a lot of new content to start with, just gives me more time to completely get to grips with the systems in place and maybe master 1 or 2 characters.

It could also coincide with a balance patch now that I think about it, basically letting the game be explored for a while before adding and changing things. I realise all this could be done from the start but it gives people something to look forward to.

I would rather they waited a year and put out a Super version on disc. Then we could get new stages, music, menus and such along with the new characters(Assuming they maintain the status quo of their other two disc updates).

Fall? Thats some BS. The characters are there and ready to go. I'm ready to pay for the characters right this second why does capcom insist on making us wait this damn long.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Getting the game tomorrow and I think what they're doing is fine. I'm personally going to wait and eBay it later for the "GOTY" version with everything on disk instead of buying DLC as it comes out, but it at least gives the option for people to avoid another disk. Their constant use of the term "only disk you need to own" pretty much confirms all this for me. I assume there's going to be a new guide around then too.

There isn't going to be one.

I would rather they waited a year and put out a Super version on disc. Then we could get new stages, music, menus and such along with the new characters(Assuming they maintain the status quo of their other two disc updates).

I would rather they start a new project after this game. SFV sounds nice.

Top Bottom