• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

hertog

Not even close. Not even close. And I am coming straight out of 300+ hours of UMVC3, directly to SFxT. Totally different beasts.

Thank god, whenever my friends play that game every round looks the same.

launcher combo/combo/combo/combo/combo death.

Only team fighter I've ever liked was Tekken Tag.

AEREC

Man...I wish the scramble mode had a last man standing mode where it is basically a free for all...or maybe if the health bars weren't linked.

PK Gaming

Holy smokes, I caught up to the whole situation. I could understand if it was 1 or 2 characters but bloody 12??? (Including megaman and pac-man on the 360 version)

Jeez louise.

IronLich

I just woke up, and I hope someone saved/reuploaded that Alisa coverage. I need something to hold me over for I don't know how long.

alstein

I have come to accept the fact that devs can scalp their fans with releasing alts and stuff like that, sure that doesn't affect the game for me. When they go ahead and GUT/LOCK 12 chars then I'll just have to man up and wait for the complete edition. I'm ashamed that so many of those who love fighting games here are so willingly ready to rationalize Capcoms decisions that'll invariably end up costing the consumer more without adding anything that wasn't there day one and vilify anyone who says otherwise. Done.

What it comes down to is a simple truth: No one likes the gutting, but for FG fanatics, paying $100 for a game is nothing. We just don't get that same experience from any other genre.

I'm still on the fence even after the good reviews. It looks like it's SF4 made more the way I'd want it, but the gutting and Capcom's rep count against it, as does the fact I know I'll drop the game hard when VF comes out.

I wish Skullgirls had a solid release date, if that was soon, I'd wait for that, then but this based on how I liked Skullgirls.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in this thread, but I'm gonna ask anyway: is there any sense yet of how good the netcode is? I saw the Gamespot review mention that it was laggy but I'm not sure that I trust just one opinion (especially not a Gamespot reviewer's). Has this been mentioned a lot elsewhere?

The general consensus seems to think it's actually quite good. Maximilian in his video stated that it was different from SF4's.

However, there does to be some bugs, animations not coming out or sound glitches.

The netcode is a bit more playable than SF4 and MvC3, still laggy but there's a lot of weird glitches like sound effects and voices dropping off.

The character choices are what pissing me off about online for now (everyone picking shotos, ugh!)

LowParry

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in this thread, but I'm gonna ask anyway: is there any sense yet of how good the netcode is? I saw the Gamespot review mention that it was laggy but I'm not sure that I trust just one opinion (especially not a Gamespot reviewer's). Has this been mentioned a lot elsewhere?

Wait till tomorrow.

Remember the first week of vanilla SF4? It should be pretty similar to that for SFxT. Shoto Heaven returns!

it took a couple of years until character diversity started appearing in SF4. Fortunately I'm looking to play with friends on week 1 so it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

What it comes down to is a simple truth: No one likes the gutting, but for FG fanatics, paying $100 for a game is nothing. We just don't get that same experience from any other genre.

I'm still on the fence even after the good reviews. It looks like it's SF4 made more the way I'd want it, but the gutting and Capcom's rep count against it, as does the fact I know I'll drop the game hard when VF comes out.

I wish Skullgirls had a solid release date, if that was soon, I'd wait for that, then but this based on how I liked Skullgirls.
but skullgirls only has 8 characters, man. cmon, don't waste your money on such an incomplete game. thats like almost 5x more incomplete than sfxt.

So a Gamestop in my area is going to have a tourney for its release night. I think I have a good shot, but I have yet to touch this game despite early copies being out. What's a good Day 1 team? I'm coming from a SF4 background so picking up the SF characters won't be too much of an issue. I was thinking of just going with Ryu and Rufus, NerdJosh's winning team on CA, lol.

PK Gaming

So the character alts (ALL OF THEM), voices (both Japanese and american) and character movesets are in the game. They don't feel incomplete at all.

Sakura is wearing a
Capcom esque booth girl outfit

Craaaazeeey.

supahkiwi

Banned
Sakura's alt costume:

YEeN4.png

Getting antsy...I'd buy this today if I could find it somewhere in NYC.
Gonna check the usual spots today - otherwise, I guess I gotta cop tomorrow like the average pleb.

Say, how does this game play relative to SF4/SSF4? Is this closer in nature to those games than the super-simple and mashy/combo-y MVC3/UMVC3? This will be big in my apartment if it's a more deliberate game along the lines of the SF games - or even something like CVS2 - than if it's a Vs. series-type pace and structure.

nHDR

Banned
So, how is this game with scrub tactics? Can lesser players get away with mashing everything and somehow being immune to footsies and zoning?

Or will I be rewarded for zoning and AA'ing properly? Seriously, I can't take the garbage that is SF4 anymore. I NEED this game to have a good foundation.

Rocwell

So, how is this game with scrub tactics? Can lesser players get away with mashing everything and somehow being immune to footsies and zoning?

Or will I be rewarded for zoning and AA'ing properly? Seriously, I can't take the garbage that is SF4 anymore. I NEED this game to have a good foundation.

Can't really speak to that myself but for what it's worth, lot of the pros have been saying this is their favorite game since cvs2.

supahkiwi

Banned

I'm sorry, but if you're getting owned up by "scrub tactics", then you're lower than those lesser players.

nHDR

Banned
I'm sorry, but if you're getting owned up by "scrub tactics", then you're lower than those lesser players.
I'm not getting "owned," just some crap happens sometimes that just puzzles me. Let me give an example. I played a Dudley player named THUNDERKING the other night with Dee-Jay, he was very good. Anyway, I tried to actually zone with fireballs but he easily just jumped over everything (and all my situational AA's traded). I was getting owned. Then I started doing random knee shots all over the place, almost won the match. Playing random is good?

Last night I got hit with Chun-Li's jump-in attack even though I was blocking high. Crap like that happens which makes zero sense. I'm sure many players agree with me here.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Agreed.

As a pure D-grade player that is brand new to SSF4 this past weekend and mashes my way to aimless victory, I consistently get shut down by anyone with a modicum of actual skill. Occasionally I luck out with a single round win, but have yet to win a full match against a proper player that isn't on my own level.

It's very obvious that SSF4 has a massive skill gap in place, and no matter how random my mashing is, the classy player can always react appropriately. It actually impresses the hell out of me online. I'm also glad there are still plenty of D-class players to practice with too. I find it immediately obvious who I can beat at my own level and who I have no chance against.

MvC3 is more bullshit-mix-ups than combo heavy.

This game seems incredibly footsie based.

I've been out of the loop on the mechanics, but I'm glad to hear this. Is the wakeup game similar?

Anybody get to play with dhalsim much? Will he be able to lame people out with his long range normals?

Top Bottom