• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Rule number one of game buying club. NEVER ORDER FROM THE CAPCOM STORE!! Their fulfillers are incompetent. It took me like a month after released to get my vanilla MVC3 from them.

I think it's like gambling...sometimes you get lucky, lol.

That's funny.....mine will be delivered today. They made up for the Vanilla fiasco for Ultimate.

I got both MvC3 early and UMvC3 early from them. They send RE Revelations on time but did not cancel my order when I asked and gave me the "sorry, your package is already in process" line several days before it shipped.

Gave them one more chance with SFxTK and it's turned out even worse. Fuck 'em.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Him not being able to combo into headbutt on a crouching opponent is jacked. So if you hit with the ex overhead you cant even headbutt then? thats foolishness.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Well, that settles it. I was on the fence, but watching my Claw at work has sold me. Buying this game tomorrow.

He is crazy good in SFxT. Maybe not top tier, but so many more options to play with. His crouching medium punch is as fast as many characters' jabs. Charge characters get a really nice boost from the fighting engine in this game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People are just taking their main from SF4 and playing them in this new game with a buttload of new characters?

Well that seems downright silly.

People are just taking their main from SF4 and playing them in this new game with a buttload of new characters?

I've usually always played either Rog or DeeJay whenever they were playable in a Capcom fighter. This headbutt nerf hurts.

I'm definitely playing as Bob Sapp, though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like Rog a lot. My best play in vanilla SF4 was with Rog.

I wasn't necessarily planning on maining him here. However, give the boy some love. He can't headbutt after a hit on a crouching opponent. Thats straight up Jim Crow Era nerf.

Well I'm going to head to Walmart tonight and hope it's available. But we'll see, hopefully it's there. I want to do some serious grinding tonight.

Moofers

I know! Cross Assault was terrible with this. They hardly touched like 70% of the roster.

I mained Cody/Fei/Hawk in SFIV and have no idea who I will use. I will clear arcade with every official team to get the feel for everyone then go from there.

zlatko

Banned
does anyone really give a shit about reviews for fighting games? i'd be surprised if 1 of them actually can play the game like most gaffers will.

Is Lei playable from the onset? If so, my team would be 'Sim and Lei.

But I definitely want to use a tekken character alongside dhalsim to start out with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does BestBuy do midnight releases? I'm not sure they do unless it's for big ass games like Halo, CoD, etc.

I would say Mass Effect is a big ass release.

My Gamestop's doing a midnight for ME 3, but I don't know what Best Buy's policy is for buying non-Midnight stuff at the midnight is

Capcom announcing they're going to update Balrog's combo as paid DLC.

Before I get banned, I'm still not sure which version to get. Is it set in stone that all the characters are available from the get-go on Vita?

zlatko

Banned
It probably depends on your area. I imagine with ME3 also coming out tonight you probably have a decent shot. I would call first.

Hmmm. Idk if I should go. I booked off work tomorrow, but I honestly can't play my stick loud at night due to waking up others in the household.

Probably best to get a lot of sleep, wake up urley, and then enjoy a full day of grinding.

But the wait....it's killing me. ; ;

So for Mega Man and Pac Man and the 360, is the only proof we have is the content being on the disc or did Capcom or another source say that they'll be DLC later on?

EDIT: I just saw the Wiki. So they're free DLC but timed-exclusive on the PS3.

vocab

LPnYR.png

GatorBait

• IGN — 9/10
• Xbox360Achievements — 9/10
• Destructoid — 8.5/10
• GameSpot — 8.5/10
• EuroGamer — 9/10
• OXM — 9/10
• GameTrailers — 8.3/10
• GamesRadar — 8/10
• VideoGamer — 8/10
• IncGamers — 9/10
• StrategyInformer — 9/10
• DualPixels — 9/10
• Ready-Up.net — 9/10

This game looks like a lot of fun and the hype is killing me. One part of me wants to run out and pick it up at midnight tonight so I can play the new hotness. But the other part of me knows that I am still playing a lot of UMvC3 right now, and frankly, I want a GOTY version with all the DLC characters unlocked on it. A lot of the DLC characters look really interesting and fun to experiment with, but I can't see myself buying each one piece-by-piece as they are slowly(?) released.

Funny thing is, if Capcom dropped a collector's edition for another $15-20 that had all the DLC on disk and unlocked from the start, I'd be standing in line right now.

Damn Capcom and their crack fighting games and my preference for physical media!

zlatko

Banned
Hasn't dashing upper always whiffed on crouching?

Think so. Unless maybe the tip can hit if it's spaced correctly? Not 100%. I was more referring to his hbutt nerf. That's pretty significant lol.

Everyone abandon your Rog's and pick up dem Fox's. Steve is the new truth. 3:16

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So for Mega Man and Pac Man and the 360, is the only proof we have is the content being on the disc or did Capcom or another source say that they'll be DLC later on?

EDIT: I just saw the Wiki. So they're free DLC but timed-exclusive on the PS3.
Blargh. I ordered this on PS3 assuming that those characters were exclusive, despite doing all my fighting games on 360. Now I need to decide what to do.

Blargh. I ordered this on PS3 assuming that those characters were exclusive, despite doing all my fighting games on 360. Now I need to decide what to do.

My assumption is it'll be timed-exclusive, but really not sure. Don't take my word for it.

The PS3 version still has those extra three Sony characters.

Chorazin

You guys do realize he's only using jab headbutt in that video right? And that always whiffed on crouching except in really rare occasions?

Right?

Yeah, it'll wiff if used in combos because jabs will push the opponent out of LP Headbutt range. Damn YouTube being blocked at work, I want to see the video!

EDIT: Gah you edited! Now all my nerfed Balrog fears must be true! :(

"Yeah, it'll wiff if used in combos because jabs will push the opponent out of LP Headbutt range. Damn YouTube being blocked at work, I want to see the video!"

I was wrong, he was using other strengths of Headbutt. They all essentially work like LP now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm not a Balrog player, but I do have to wonder; does he have a normal that forces standing, that can either be chained or linked to from crouch weak attacks? If so, then that would just mean you have to confirm into that normal, before doing the headbutt.

Also, I saw no attempt in that vid to use the EX headbutt. Could that have the low-hitting hitbox that people are used to from SFIV?

Lastly, did he try all 3 variations of the move? This game actually has moves that behave differently, per which buttons are pressed (Such as Jin's EX FB's setting at different spots depending on which 2 punches are pressed), so it wouldn't be too shocking if they made simply 1 version have a superior hitbox.

Top Bottom