• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

SUPARSTARX

Still a bit worried that this game is too much like MvC3 with the combo heavy gameplay.

I spent about 40 hours with the game since Friday. This is more like Tekken tag but with street fighter characters in their playing field. It has less to do with team synergy and more with individual character usage. I'm loving it so far.

brian

I'm not getting "owned," just some crap happens sometimes that just puzzles me. Let me give an example. I played a Dudley player named THUNDERKING the other night with Dee-Jay, he was very good. Anyway, I tried to actually zone with fireballs but he easily just jumped over everything (and all my situational AA's traded). I was getting owned. Then I started doing random knee shots all over the place, almost won the match. Playing random is good?

Last night I got hit with Chun-Li's jump-in attack even though I was blocking high. Crap like that happens which makes zero sense. I'm sure many players agree with me here.

You know Chun Li has a jump in attack that you have to block high twice, right?

If your fireballs are getting punished by the opponent jumping over them, you aren't spacing them correctly. If your AA's are trading, you're not spacing it correctly or you are probably not using the best button for the job.

I've been out of the loop om the mechanics, but I'm glad to hear this. Is the wakeup game similar?

You can roll on wake up so it won't be like SF4 where you would start your offense off of a knockdown.

For example: Ibuki would use kunais to start her mixup and offense off of a knockdown. This strategy won't be as viable since they can roll out.

SUPARSTARX

I'm not getting "owned," just some crap happens sometimes that just puzzles me. Let me give an example. I played a Dudley player named THUNDERKING the other night with Dee-Jay, he was very good. Anyway, I tried to actually zone with fireballs but he easily just jumped over everything (and all my situational AA's traded). I was getting owned. Then I started doing random knee shots all over the place, almost won the match. Playing random is good?

Last night I got hit with Chun-Li's jump-in attack even though I was blocking high. Crap like that happens which makes zero sense. I'm sure many players agree with me here.

If it is the jump in punches, that is a two hit move. You may have blocked half of it. But in any case, there's always gems! That's the beauty of these games. There's stuff to learn.

You wouldn't know how strong a haymaker would be until you get hit by it. Chances are if you got hit by something it's no bug or error but simply it was misinformation and misjudgment or confusion.

fixed

None of the stupid easy vortex stuff from sf4 since you can roll. Hard knockdown reigns supreme in setup fighter 4.

You can roll on wake up so it won't be like SF4 where you would start your offense off of a knockdown.

For example: Ibuki would use kunais to start her mixup and offense off of a knockdown. This strategy won't be as viable since they can roll out.

Exactly what I meant, guys. Thank you. And with that I officially set my bags down in this thread.

Anybody sim players get a chance to play him? New inputs on ranged notwithstanding, can he still zone people out pretty well? Where's stay and renta at

vocab

I'm thinking Claw/Hwaorang as my team. Any word on how Hwaorang translates?

Why does it have to release same day as ME3, though?!

Hwaorang looks really good. It just looks like you have to approach the tekken characters a little different in terms of combos and setups.

mr_boo

Re Lei, his stances don't look as well defined per Tekken ... for example, at first glance, I couldn't even tell he was in Drunken stance. Also, none of his grounded stances were shown, so I'm guessing he doesn't have any. Though this may be in a sense a watered down version of Lei, he's still going to be one of my mains (whenever he's released for dl) ...can't wait till tomorrow to test Ling out.

SUPARSTARX

Well, that settles it. I was on the fence, but watching my Claw at work has sold me. Buying this game tomorrow. I'm thinking Claw/Hwaorang as my team. Any word on how Hwaorang translates?

I think me3 can wait.

zlatko

Banned
GAF still doing 503 errors? FML. I'm at work and I need this thread/GAF in general to not make the day go by completely shit slow.

#callEvilore

Hwoarang plays nothing like his Tekken counterpart. I am trying to main him, and I am still not sure how good he is. He has some good combos and overheads that lead to some high damage....but I am kinda suprised his footsie game is kinda weak compared to everyone else. His dive kick is really slow on start up and no real frame advantage on hit (it aint free like Rufus or Cammy). His standing jab is a joke. But I am sure a lot of it has to do with my inexperience with the game.

emb

DJ said:

Well how about that. I some how had in my head that this was coming out next week. That's great, as I'm on break this week and may actually have time to play both. :D

Anth0ny

GAF, I'm conflicted. It looks like Megaman and Pac Man exist on the 360 disc. The only reason I was considering picking up the PS3 version was to have the "complete" version of the game.

Is there a possibility the 360 version will get these characters as DLC? I ask because I own 4 360 controllers, and only 2 PS3 controllers. I intend to play this game with friends, and am hoping to get them into fighting games with SFxT and 2v2 shenanigans. Can't really do that with the Ps3 version.

Decisions, decisions...

Makoto

GAF, I'm conflicted. It looks like Megaman and Pac Man exist on the 360 disc. The only reason I was considering picking up the PS3 version was to have the "complete" version of the game.

Is there a possibility the 360 version will get these characters as DLC? I ask because I own 4 360 controllers, and only 2 PS3 controllers. I intend to play this game with friends, and am hoping to get them into fighting games with SFxT and 2v2 shenanigans. Can't really do that with the Ps3 version.

Decisions, decisions...
Yes, there is a possibility the 360 version will get those characters. My suspicion is that they will just be timed exclusives.

In either case, the PS3 will still have more characters thanks to Toro, Kuro and Cole (if you care about those characters that is).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So the character alts (ALL OF THEM), voices (both Japanese and american) and character movesets are in the game. They don't feel incomplete at all.

Sakura is wearing a
Capcom esque booth girl outfit

Craaaazeeey.

Betting we will see changes before they get released to general public. I'm assuming there is probably some broken ish in there lol.

He most likely got release day delivery, which ships before the release date so you can get it on release.

Yeah it usually ships monday night or leaves from a local carrier on the same day.

MThanded

Heres a protip for those impatient but waiting on an online order.

Go ahead and purchase at a brick and mortar store. Ensure its the same edition. When your online order comes in take that version back to the brick and mortar store. That way you can go to a midnight launch or early morning pickup without having to pay the premium. For example gamestop has 30 day return policy on unopened games. That gives you a 30 day window to receive an online order or find a better online deal but not have to wait for the game to arrive.

Hwoarang plays nothing like his Tekken counterpart. I am trying to main him, and I am still not sure how good he is. He has some good combos and overheads that lead to some high damage....but I am kinda suprised his footsie game is kinda weak compared to everyone else. His dive kick is really slow on start up and no real frame advantage on hit (it aint free like Rufus or Cammy). His standing jab is a joke. But I am sure a lot of it has to do with my inexperience with the game.
I'm not liking the sound of this! My only other Tekken character I play is King. I don't know if I like the "gel" of Claw and King together. Granted, TTT is the last time I got into the series, I still want a hybrid series team to play with.

Heres a protip for those impatient but waiting on an online order.

Go ahead and purchase at a brick and mortar store. Ensure its the same edition. When your online order comes in take that version back to the brick and mortar store. That way you can go to a midnight launch or early morning pickup without having to pay the premium.

Yup. Was going to try to do that for the premium edition.

Yes, there is a possibility the 360 version will get those characters. My suspicion is that they will just be timed exclusives.

Megaman and Pac-Man are the only two with special introductions, and they're on the 360 disk when Cole, Toro and Kuro are not. They're timed exclusives.

Just saw the Brian vid. He looks awesome. He gives me the Necro vibe too, haha. Maybe they will reuse that model for Necro for the next SF incarnation so they don't waste it, heh.

All the DLC guys look good. Damn, I wish capcom would make a VFxTekken game, and 2D all the VF characters and the rest of the tekken cast.

So sweet.

He most likely got release day delivery, which ships before the release date so you can get it on release.

Yeah it usually ships monday night or leaves from a local carrier on the same day.

They will by the end of the day. Sometimes they won't update until real late Monday, but they do.

Yea I got that release day shipping, good to know this seems to be how it goes, I just better get my game tomorrow lol

Getting real jealous of all the early birds.

MThanded

I got 3 day ghetto shipping from newegg. I couldnt pass up the deal. I may have to pull the swap trick.

Teknoman

Thank god, whenever my friends play that game every round looks the same.

launcher combo/combo/combo/combo/combo death.

Only team fighter I've ever liked was Tekken Tag.

You should play Capcom vs Snk 2. X-men Vs SF wasnt nearly as insane as what MvC has developed into.

Tizoc

So who has found they like a character who was in SF4 a lot more in this game?
I personally am interested in trying out Juri, her trials showed how she can do some nice damage, and I've never bothered using her in SSF4.

brian

I'm eyeing up Juri as well. I tried to main her in SSF4 for a while, but it just didn't work out. I think back then, my execution skills and knowledge of the game wasn't up to par, but she seems more effective in this game and I'm hoping I have improved as a player enough where I might now be able to handle her.

Top Bottom