• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I would rather they waited a year and put out a Super version on disc. Then we could get new stages, music, menus and such along with the new characters(Assuming they maintain the status quo of their other two disc updates).

Same here, disc releases are often way more substantive than dlc but everyone cried and moaned when SSF4 and UMVC3 got announced. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

zlatko

Banned
Yo dawg, I don't see King dressing up as Abel in his alt costume.
Abel dressing up trying to be Armor King who isn't even as good as King
Hot spies like Cammy dressing up as King

ohsnap.gif

Either way King's mix up options make my tongue salivate with hype.

kodecraft

Think so. Unless maybe the tip can hit if it's spaced correctly? Not 100%. I was more referring to his hbutt nerf. That's pretty significant lol.

Everyone abandon your Rog's and pick up dem Fox's. Steve is the new truth. 3:16

Don't encourage them, he doesn't play like Rog, to play Fox effectively in this game takes some finesse, you'll see yourself

brian

People complained when UMvC3 came out as a new disc with 12 new characters or whatever. People are complaining that SFxT is not doing a disc-based released with the additional characters. I bet if a GOTY version ever comes out in additional to the option of just buying the DLC, people will complain about that too. People will complain about any fucking thing.

I know by the time the DLC characters are available, I will absolutely gotten my $60 worth from this game and won't really have a problem dishing out some more for new characters any way they want to give it to me.

DRE Fei

Man, I'm loving the characters way more in this compared to their SF4 versions. Even Juri has good combo into super now without meter.

The only thing I'm mad about is that it will take until fall for it to get here. But that's onlyl because it leaked. If it never leaked and this info came out, then I wouldn't be so impatient.

But fuck it. I just want Tuesday to get here now.

People complained when UMvC3 came out as a new disc with 12 new characters or whatever. People are complaining that SFxT is not doing a disc-based released with the additional characters. I bet if a GOTY version ever comes out in additional to the option of just buying the DLC, people will complain about that too. People will complain about any fucking thing.

I know by the time the DLC characters are available, I will absolutely gotten my $60 worth from this game and won't really have a problem dishing out some more for new characters any way they want to give it to me.

I'm not even paying attention to the complaints anymore. I know I'm gonna love the shit out of this game once I eventually get it (since money is tight right now), so I ain't even mad. It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Dark Stalkers and CvS3. What's wrong with you!

CvS3 does sound nicer than SFV. SnK can do that with Capcom providing the 2D assets and Ono can make SFV in 2.5 again, everyone wins.

Don't care about darkstalkers!

Only because I'm not familiar with the series

zlatko

Banned
I'm not even paying attention to the complaints anymore. I know I'm gonna love the shit out of this game once I eventually get it (since money is tight right now), so I ain't even mad. It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

thumbsup.gif

I'm dying at work right now trying to grind out the day for tomorrow. ; ;

kitzkozan

*faps vigorously at work to this* King looks soooooo fucking good. I love all his options. Gonna be hard to stay away from him since he looks like Abel 2.0 and I was an Abel main in SF4. :p

Agreed, King absolutely rock! :D The Tekken characters look like an absolute blast to play and I am starting to warm up toward Brian Fury "raging hunchback" model.

It's gonna suck to wait several months for the 12 extra characters that are already on the disc. :| I want to try out Fury, crazy Jack-X, Elena & Christie. Oh well, it will give us enough time to master the 38 characters already available.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
I'm only mad because I'm more interested in the DLC's then the ones we have access to currently.

Oh... and pirates get to play the full game months in advance... Thanks Capcom!

jbug617

Banned
IPL SF X T showmatches is Friday 3-7pm. They invited 8 people to take part and they only announced 6 so far.

1. Justin Wong
2. Nerd Josh
3. Renic
4. Arturo Sanchez
5. Rip
6. Dieminion

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Save SFV for a year or two into next gen. I'd like to see a major revision.

I think it's safe to say SFV is next gen... they can't squeeze any more graphic power out of the current consoles (see: PS3 versions of these games slowing down) and I doubt they'd do the next numbered Street Fighter without a complete visual overhaul.

The "chunky" SFIV style always seemed, to me, an attempt to make the game seem more international and not stereotypically anime. It's rather like the chunky art style of the original SF2, especially if you look at the character portraits of SF2:WW.

zlatko

Banned
IPL SF X T showmatches is Friday 3-7pm. They invited 8 people to take part and they only announced 6 so far.

1. Justin Wong (Will win this)
2. Nerd Josh
3. Renic (Will be free as fuck)
4. Arturo Sanchez
5. Rip
6. Dieminion (Will take second)

That's how I feel about those 3 in particular.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

1. Justin Wong
2. Nerd Josh
3. Renic
4. Arturo Sanchez
5. Rip
6. Dieminion

Will renic stop whining and pick a top tier.

I read the new blog on Capcom Unity. Looks like the DLC characters are coming when the Vita version is out. That's kind of a long wait. I was hoping the Vita version would be out sooner like August. Hope it's September at the latest.

Still waiting to see what's up with Megaman/Pacman for 360, if it'll be released later on.

GatorBait

I would rather they waited a year and put out a Super version on disc. Then we could get new stages, music, menus and such along with the new characters(Assuming they maintain the status quo of their other two disc updates).

I am putting my money on Capcom eventually releasing a GOTY edition that has the DLC already unlocked on disc (or potentially packaged with unlock codes). Sell this version for either $40 or $60, and then charge a lesser amount for owners who already have the disc to download the DLC update. Similar in idea and practice as the SSF4:AE update.

And ideally, this is probably the best way to go about it as far as splitting the fan base is concerned. Upon the release of SSF4 and UMvC3, the online player base for both games' was cut down compared to their previous iteration. The DLC update keeps the original player base intact, regardless of if they want to upgrade or not (character data on disc means they can still play against those who do update), and a GOTY disc at some discount can bring in new players.

The practice of locking away the content for a period of time definitely sucks, but this approach is best for the player community in the long run.

Wow, NO dlc characters until after Vita version this fall is bullshit. I shouldn't have to wiat 6 months to play something that's on the fucking disc.

zlatko

Banned
Wow, NO dlc characters until after Vita version this fall is bullshit. I shouldn't have to wiat 6 months to play something that's on the fucking disc.

New can of worms here. Definitely something for the other thread.

I can wait honestly. I've got a ton of other characters I'm genuinely interested in to dabble with over that 6 month period until I may be feeling a little need for some spark to rejuvinate my thirst for the game.

Top Bottom