• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wow, NO dlc characters until after Vita version this fall is bullshit. I shouldn't have to wiat 6 months to play something that's on the fucking disc.

How's that bitching working out for ya? Not that funny now right?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
People complained when UMvC3 came out as a new disc with 12 new characters or whatever. People are complaining that SFxT is not doing a disc-based released with the additional characters. I bet if a GOTY version ever comes out in additional to the option of just buying the DLC, people will complain about that too. People will complain about any fucking thing.

I know by the time the DLC characters are available, I will absolutely gotten my $60 worth from this game and won't really have a problem dishing out some more for new characters any way they want to give it to me.
I think DLC characters are better than disc upgrades because those splinter the community. I'm still not enthusiastic about the concept though. It has its own dangers to multiplayer balance. I'd rather see free DLC over a long period of time to keep the online participation high.

I'd also like to see more substantial SP content in Cap fighting games. Seems like their peers in the genre are stepping it up and leaving them behind in that category. That type of DLC wouldn't splinter the online community at all.

I hate the long ass wait myself, I wonder how much Sony paid for the exclusive rights. Meh I will just focus on the characters we have now.

As long as zombie dictator is coming soon I will be content for a bit.

ibg82QcZ5y79S0.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm down for that. I'm part of the problem!

Don't worry, noone is getting off that easily. Let's see how many people shit on me this time :

- all chars won't be out at the same time
- costumes are going to be dripfed to you over the span of ages, easily 12+
months, wouldn't be surprised if we still were waiting for costumes that are already on the disc to unlock throughout all of 2013

brian

I think DLC characters are better than disc upgrades because those splinter the community. I'm still not enthusiastic about the concept though. It has its own dangers to multiplayer balance. I'd rather see free DLC over a long period of time to keep the online participation high.

I'd also like to see more substantial SP content in Cap fighting games. Seems like their peers in the genre are stepping it up and leaving them behind in that category. That type of DLC wouldn't splinter the online community at all.

In this case, I don't see how it splinters the community. The content is on the disc, so I don't think you'd really have to download anything substantial other than a routine patch to play against other people who are using the new characters.

What other companies are stepping up with the single player content, aside from Mortal Kombat? Namco sure as shit didn't with Soul Calibur 5. I mean, I agree with you that there should be better SP content, but honestly if I had to choose between bare bones SP content and good online or a robust single player with the god awful netcode MK had on release, I would take the multiplayer any day.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
DLC is one thing, holding it back this long is another. hoooly shit

I'd be happier if all 12 characters were available tomorrow and they cost like 30 bucks.

Dat Sony Vita master marketing plan?

It is seriously bullshit - if they were going to finally use a game as a single platform to keep adding characters to, fine. I wouldn't care if there was another 30 characters within a couple of months in addition to a large, robust base cast, which the game DOES have. I'd buy the characters that appealed to me.

But it suuuuure seems that all of this hinges on the Vita version of the game being the real centerpiece product, and nothing is allowed to take glamour away from it until it's released.

I cannot believe they'd avoid the chance to sell DLC at regularly spaced intervals and risk people forgetting about the game and selling it by waiting so long, unless this was really all about Vita moneyhatting.

ShinAmano

DLC Thread

We really don't need to derail the OT with more complaining. There is a thread for that.

I am fine with DLC...even fine with the content being on the disk. My 2 problems with this are:
1 - Capcom announced the 12 characters for Vita before the console release. This was a great way to shit on the community.
2 - Now news that we have to wait many months before getting the content is just flushing the toilet on the shit they already took on us.

I have said it before and I will say it again. waiting too long on DLC kills the potential sales it might have when the game is fresh.

With that said I can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow...and I hope that the DLC comes sooner when interest is still high.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
In this case, I don't see how it splinters the community. The content is on the disc, so I don't think you'd really have to download anything substantial other than a routine patch to play against other people who are using the new characters.

What other companies are stepping up with the single player content, aside from Mortal Kombat? Namco sure as shit didn't with Soul Calibur 5. I mean, I agree with you that there should be better SP content, but honestly if I had to choose between bare bones SP content and good online or a robust single player with the god awful netcode MK had on release, I would take the multiplayer any day.
I see no reason why we can't have both. What's the SP look like for SF X Tekken anyway? I usually don't pay any attention to that. Is the training mode halfway decent?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jump all over me when I say Lars and Alissa are stupid

but no one says anything about Abel and Rufus bashing! Bunch of jerks.

brian

I see no reason why we can't have both. What's the SP look like for SF X Tekken anyway? I usually don't pay any attention to that. Is the training mode halfway decent?

That kind of stuff costs time and money to develop. Would it be worth it to sell more copies to casual fans if it had a huge SP thing like MK did? Maybe. We wouldn't be playing the gameany time soon if that was the case, though, that's for sure.

The training mode is pretty much the same as SF4. One nice thing they added is that you can set the dummy to do different things on wakeup like fast recovery or roll.

notworksafe

Has a decent tutorial to teach the new systems. Trial mode is the same as always...except the combos actually seem pretty useful for once. Arcade mode is cool and each team has neat cutscenes.

PS3 copy shipped from Amazon! Book didn't though. :(

I'm still weirded out by Capcom's orangutan Bryan. All the other Tekken carryovers look really nice though.

Same here. I just don't understand how they could get Bryan so wrong when almost everyone else is so much faithful to their source material. Dr. Wily jokes aside, even heihachi is still heihachi.

He doesn't look like a bad character, just someone inspired by Bryan fury rather than Bryan fury.

It really really sucks because Bryan is my main in tekken and he was the first character I wanted to see in this game.

That said, the Steve and Dudley combo kinda makes up for it somewhat. Still not dipping into the waters for sometime but I'll pick this up eventually.

zlatko

Banned
Has a decent tutorial to teach the new systems. Trial mode is the same as always...except the combos actually seem pretty useful for once. Arcade mode is cool and each team has neat cutscenes.

PS3 copy shipped from Amazon! Book didn't though. :(

Yeah I got the book from Amazon as well not shipped yet. I don't expect to get it till Friday at the EARLIEST, but I'm okay with it since I'm saving 8 bucks total to wait 3 days. No biggy.

notworksafe

Looked like Gotham City Impostor's at first. Customization looks amazing. Knowing Capcom, how much do you have to pay in DLC in order to unlock the disc and get a character to look like that?

Right now the colors available for customizing each part are P1 color, P2 color, black, and white. Supposedly the color DLC is free (and maybe day one?).

That costume looks like it's set to default colors. Cost of the costume? God only knows.

Sayah

Are they seriously going to wait until fall to allow people to access the rest of the characters? Especially when all the characters are already on the disc and ready to be played? I just learned of this. :/

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Are they seriously going to wait until fall to allow people to access the rest of the characters? Especially when all the characters are already on the disc and ready to be played? I just learned of this. :/

Seems Sony paid for getting the 12 dlc chars "free" on Vita as unlocked content, but suspiciously enough Capcom isn't releasing the chars for console users until the Vita version is released this fall.

AKA Sony doesn't want the consoles to steal Vita version's thunder.

LowParry

Seems so. Though if we see a big backlash (which we are already seeing on that blog of theirs), they could change their plans up. So we'll see.

Sayah

Seems Sony paid for getting the 12 dlc chars "free" on Vita as unlocked content, but suspiciously enough Capcom isn't releasing the chars for console users until the Vita version is released this fall.

AKA Sony doesn't want the consoles to steal Vita version's thunder.

Sony must have deep pockets. First, 3 exclusive characters and now this.

Seems so. Though if we see a big backlash (which we are already seeing on that blog of theirs), they could change their plans up. So we'll see.

They better change plans. I want that Alisa now.

vg260

Dat Sony Vita master marketing plan?

It is seriously bullshit - if they were going to finally use a game as a single platform to keep adding characters to, fine. I wouldn't care if there was another 30 characters within a couple of months in addition to a large, robust base cast, which the game DOES have. I'd buy the characters that appealed to me.

But it suuuuure seems that all of this hinges on the Vita version of the game being the real centerpiece product, and nothing is allowed to take glamour away from it until it's released.

I cannot believe they'd avoid the chance to sell DLC at regularly spaced intervals and risk people forgetting about the game and selling it by waiting so long, unless this was really all about Vita moneyhatting.

This is indeed really frustrating. Cost them a PS3 version purchase from me, maybe even PC most likely too. Still getting the 360 one, but gonna have to wait and see how this plays out before I jump on any DLC I otherwise would have.

Nyoro SF

On the contrary, they've only just begun.

Because now the competitive players are getting their hands on it.

It wouldn't surprise me if competitive players hacked the game themselves to prepare for DLC characters. This is a rather bad assumption though.

Top Bottom