• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Shito

It's just me or the trials on this game are way more useful then the ones of Marvel/SF4?
Yeah, it may very well be the case indeed.
I was surprised finding some really good material in the Poison's ones; specifically the follow ups between well spaced fireballs.

SoulFist said:
Spooky commented that he thought the trials were the characters BnBs.
There are still a few impractical combos in there, but for the most part yeah they do seem quite useful. Shockingly.

Horseress

Yeah, it may very well be the case indeed.
I was surprised finding some really good material in the Poison's ones; specifically the follow ups between well spaced fireballs.

There are still a few impractical combos in there, but for the most part yeah they do seem quite useful. Shockingly.

I think all games should have this kind of trials.

In the first ones, you learn the character specials, after, chains, after, links, and then combos with what you learn.

so whats the verdict on this game? it looks like capcom took everything they ever thought of and put it into one system, not sure how i feel about it

brian

Argh, fucking GameStop. The only reason I would ever shop there is to get something that I can't get anywhere else. That means when I preorder the strategy guide, I want it on release day and not "maybe tomorrow". Fuckers.

Argh, fucking GameStop. The only reason I would ever shop there is to get something that I can't get anywhere else. That means when I preorder the strategy guide, I want it on release day and not "maybe tomorrow". Fuckers.

Something is up with the guides. There's been no activity from Amazon yet either and apparently they didn't even get into stores yet.

B00TE

One thing I'm having trouble with right now, using Jin's Special Step in the middle of a combo. I have trouble doing it anyway right now, but in the middle of a combo is really gonna take some work.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My SE just got here and I am installing to the HD but - is there suppose to be a code in the box for the SE gems and such? I don't see one. They're actually on the disc this time?

Skilletor

I'm so used to doing crouch dash + button simultaneous. Seems like you have to do crouch dash and then button in this game.

Really not liking how it feels. It's slower than SF4 which is a feat in itself.

Will give it more time.

gonna pick up the game on my lunch break. i think i'll start with ryu's trials tonight to get a feel for things, then complete the tekken and non sf4 character trials. none of my mains from sf4 are in this game so im going to be leaning to picking tekken characters first.

Installing now, got the special edition. Didn't know it was a different box art from the regular edition. Was hoping for a reversible cover but theres none :(

brian

One thing that I think is cool and didn't even really notice until today is that you get a nice big starburst type visual cue when your attacks hit or a blue one if they get blocked. This makes it a lot easier to hit confirm than in most other fighting games I've played. I'm having no problem hit confirming into a 550 damage super combo off just a jump in with Bison.

Why are people hating on Rufus?

Speaking as a Rufus main of three years, if he's spamming dive kicks at close range, jab him out of them. Works in SF4 and if it works in this then you're getting a full juggle combo.

Nyx

I still need to wait at least a week before my SE is in.

But that gives me more time to think of 2 new mains I guess (bye Rose and Viper, good times we had...), and ofcourse to play some more SSX.

Tobe

i might be able to get a copy of the ps3 version today, tho im not really sure. anyways i heard online is no working very good, isnt this game supposed to have an upgraded version of ssf4 netcode?

addyb

Sorry guys this has been off my radar since I hated ultimate mvsc. It was just too hectic for me and I prefer 1vs1 over team based tag battles.

So moving onto this. Does it play more like SSIV or like ultimate? I love the former although I'm not very good at it. Also anyone got any idea when this is releasing for the vita? I could do with a good portable fighter. I've also never played a blazblue game. Which would you recommend between the 2?

Imm0rt4l

Sorry guys this has been off my radar since I hated ultimate mvsc. It was just too hectic for me and I prefer 1vs1 over team based tag battles.

So moving onto this. Does it play more like SSIV or like ultimate? I love the former although I'm not very good at it. Also anyone got any idea when this is releasing for the vita? I could do with a good portable fighter. I've also never played a blazblue game. Which would you recommend between the 2?

It's closer to ss4, more footsie and zoning, but it's not ssf4. Nothin like marvel really, not as crazy.

Bizazedo

i might be able to get a copy of the ps3 version today, tho im not really sure. anyways i heard online is no working very good, isnt this game supposed to have an upgraded version of ssf4 netcode?

It's probably (hopefully) all the wireless PS3 people playing all the other wireless PS3 people and wondering why their lowest package internet isn't working s'well while their mother plays farmville.

I hope.

LakeEarth

Can't wait til I'm done work. Gonna figure out the game system in training, figure out how to do some combos with Abel/Hugo, and then go online to own and get owned.

Just got the game on Xbox 360, happy grinding folks. If I really like it then I'll also get it on PS3 and PC like I did with SF4. So I hope I do, I want to actually play something else besides SF4 for a change.

Horseress

Megaman and Pacman will be available for play next week FOR FREE
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...t-fighter-x-tekkens-exclusive-ps3-characters/

its-free.jpg

Been playing the retail version for over a week before it's release during Cross Assault, then couldn't play it for 2 days during Final Round. Wanted to play it so bad again that I stood in line to get it at midnight. This game is good.

Tobe

dont get me wrong im double dipping tho my copy of 360 will be coming at the end of the month, just wanted to be sure whats going on with online portion of the game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
PSN: Darshiro

Unsure who I will learn. I like Paul and Law. But I may have to pick up Sagat and a partner not named Dhalsim.

SamVimes

Does anyone know how the scaling works with power gems?
In this game it should go like in SF IV: first two hits in a combo do 100%, third does 80% etc.. If you have a +10% damage gem active does it give you a flat bonus calculated on the base damage (110+110+90) or it takes into account scaling (110+110+89)?

Can anyone test this in training mode?

Maybe I'll come back to Kadey's lobby to get owned by you, Rice.

Owned? I have no idea what I'm doing to. LOL we're in the same boat. I'm pretty confused right now. I'm starting off with SF4 basics, but as it's been pointed out, it's not the same game and there are a lot of differences. It's going to take a while to get use to this.

just got it, set the languages settings properly for SF characters (Western characters into English leaving Asian characters in Japanese)

can't wait to get started

Horseress

Strange, "its not street fighter 4" is what most people who have played it have said.

It's definitely not SF4, and yes, I played it, for more than 10 hours since Saturday ^^

The combos are way different, links work different, juggle is WAY different. If you play SfxT like you play SF4, you gonna get bodied

Top Bottom