• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Mzo

OK, it's a unique fighting game experience like nothing before it.

You guys win, I really don't want to draw this out.

Tansut

This arcade piggy bank is the biggest piece of shit ever. The instructions are so vague I put a panel in backwards and broke some tabs trying to get it back out.

I've been doing Ryu's trials so far. Links seem easier in this game, just timing is different compared to SF4. But for some reason Capcom still made his forward fierce link into whatever the biggest bitch in the world. Yep, I'm still stuck in trial 20 for those who have finished Ryu's trials :\

Bizazedo

For Marvel, the UPS truck had mechanical difficulty, which made it late. It then broke down a mile from my house. They sent another UPS truck out to it. A friend saw it while driving over.

It was the latest Amazon release date delivery ever.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I did not do release day shipping this time. However, when I usually did, my game did not come until around 6 or 7.

Online for me has been real spotty. Latency isnt so bad, but Ive yet to play a single match that had sound effects. Its totally throwing me off. Hopefully its fixed soon :(

SUPARSTARX

I got a ce for $45 off lockerz. Waiting on shipment so I can get back in xbl. Hate psn so much in general. A lot of people still play on wireless. Gotta dodge ranked for now.

SUPARSTARX

Pro tip, if your trials start with a difficult link, charge up a counter hit to make it easier as counter hits grant extra frame advantage on hit.

Ken

It's definitely not SF4, and yes, I played it, for more than 10 hours since Saturday ^^

The combos are way different, links work different, juggle is WAY different. If you play SfxT like you play SF4, you gonna get bodied
That's cool for me. I was garbage at SFIV so maybe this will be a clean slate to start from.

Guanoape

Neo Member
Getting my copy tomorrow (EU)! I can't wait to play all the Ryu/Ken and Kazuya/Jin teams online. Too bad I can't use Blanka to troll them yet...

vg260

Pro tip, if your trials start with a difficult link, charge up a counter hit to make it easier as counter hits grant extra frame advantage on hit.

Noted. Thanks!

Can't play til tonight but question I'm nervous about:
How does this behave when installed on the 360? Soul Calibur V was nuts and the disc took minutes to spin down once started and restarted and never stopped if you returned to the main menu. Please tell me this doesn't act wonly like that. :/

AEREC

damn...I usually have my release date delivery games sent to work since UPS delivers there at 9am and wont deliver to my house until after 5pm.

Got a new driver apparently and now they dont arrive until mid afternoon....sucks because I was wanting to play this for lunch.

Esura

Banned
Asuka's Trial 17 is so awkward.

I broke my piggy bank, at least a small part of it. After I put it together, I pretty much have a completely empty SE box with a single game in it. They could of at least stuffed it with some other shit. If it wasn't for the gems, I would call this the worse SE ever.

TimeKillr

I've been doing Ryu's trials so far. Links seem easier in this game, just timing is different compared to SF4. But for some reason Capcom still made his forward fierce link into whatever the biggest bitch in the world. Yep, I'm still stuck in trial 20 for those who have finished Ryu's trials :\

I had a bitch of a time doing this because I kept trying to link the c.lp into the c.fp until I realized I can just chain them. LOL

The second I saw I could chain em, finished in one try.

I finished Asuka's trials too - I love how she plays. I have yet to actually play against anyone, though, so it's a toss up :)

Asuka's Trial 17 is so awkward.

I broke my piggy bank, at least a small part of it. After I put it together, I pretty much have a completely empty SE box with a single game in it. They could of at least stuffed it with some other shit. If it wasn't for the gems, I would call this the worse SE ever.

What did you have trouble with? I thought 17 was pretty easy, actually. 20 is more of a bitch with that dash cancelling, though (which they just don't tell you about, obviously).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just got home after nabbing my CE and Guide. I know absolutely nothing about fighting games. This is literally going to be the first fighting game I've ever played for more than 10 minutes in my lifetime. I'm excited to do this but not really excited to not win a single game for the first couple months playing.

I hope this guide is at least semi-useful.

I hear there are fellow Scrub-GAF members. Is there a PSN room or Google Doc list set up for dedicated scrubs in here, looked around the last few pages and the op and didn't see anything, I think some other fighters had some of this before around here in the past.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm so excited to see what tech people have discovered tomorrow during the BigTwo and WNF streams.

The What about 8 at the break tonight?

All this bad mouthing about the CE. Im glad i did not get it.

I had a bitch of a time doing this because I kept trying to link the c.lp into the c.fp until I realized I can just chain them. LOL

OMG I love you man. This was the reason I couldn't finish it, because I kept trying to link it like you and there was too much push off after cr. LP and I didn't know what else to do so I give up. Finally got Ryu's trials out of the way now.

you are part of the problem man! :p

1257.jpg

Will 2 player local co-op on Xbox Live be patched in for the 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken? — Weegee

Svensson: It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 Xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 Xboxes)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

*sigh*

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Still sitting here waiting for my copy from Amazon. I'm so desperate, I already installed the Gem Pack that came as a pre-order gift. Haha

rCIZZLE

So are the gem packs available on psn store and are they worth buying?

Oh and why does guile sound like a sissy when throwing booms. I wanted to use characters I know well in sf4 but this is really killing his manliness.

Top Bottom