• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

n3ss

aka acr0nym
We'll be doing a live stream today at 12:30pm PST with LPN, and Crackfiend for those that wanna check it out!

Esura

Banned
What did you have trouble with? I thought 17 was pretty easy, actually. 20 is more of a bitch with that dash cancelling, though (which they just don't tell you about, obviously).

Landing the last hit is what bothers me. I was wondering was it a link cause I dunno.

kiryogi

Banned
I had a bitch of a time doing this because I kept trying to link the c.lp into the c.fp until I realized I can just chain them. LOL

The second I saw I could chain em, finished in one try.

I finished Asuka's trials too - I love how she plays. I have yet to actually play against anyone, though, so it's a toss up :)

What did you have trouble with? I thought 17 was pretty easy, actually. 20 is more of a bitch with that dash cancelling, though (which they just don't tell you about, obviously).

I'm failing at cancelling her TC into the HCB+K.

vulva

So are the gem packs available on psn store and are they worth buying?

Oh and why does guile sound like a sissy when throwing booms. I wanted to use characters I know well in sf4 but this is really killing his manliness.

In older games he sounded even sissier. Thonic bewm!

Anyone else hearing bob yell "my birthday party!!! " when he loses instead of "my perfect body"?

rCIZZLE

I'm so excited to see what tech people have discovered tomorrow during the BigTwo and WNF streams.

inb4 every dieminion match ends in a time over

the pre-order bonuses for this game are not worth it... it's freakin gems,

I meant in general. MvC3 had $10 or $15 credit on amazon in addition to cheap release day delivery and no tax for me. Was def worth waiting a couple extra hours for a poor college kid lol.

In older games he sounded even sissier. Thonic bewm!

Eh, we're in 2012 though. SF4 guile sounds are perfect imo... damn you capcom.

Shadybiz

Why do I come into these threads?? I know that every time I buy a fighting game, I play it for like a week and then forget about it. And every time, I think that this time, it will be different. But yet...here I find myself wanting this game. Decisions, decisions.

How good is it compared to SSFIV? Honest question.

And subscribed.

Why do I come into these threads?? I know that every time I buy a fighting game, I play it for like a week and then forget about it. And every time, I think that this time, it will be different. But yet...here I find myself wanting this game. Decisions, decisions.

And subscribed.

the fun factor is way higher than SSF4 so far, lots more juggle and combo potential. Charge characters can do more funky stuff than they could in SF4

chiba

This should be interesting, picked it up this morning. My 1st fighting game since soul caliber on dc, 1st street fighter game since alpha 3, never played tekken before lol.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

And subscribed.

So far, it feels to me like a slightly faster, more aggression and fun oriented version of SFIV. The magic combo system lets you tap out an easy combo into tag launcher with every character so it doesn't feel frustrating picking an unfamiliar character and being lost for knowing what to do that's effective.

It's a hell of a lot of fun. Super splashy and bold. And the simplified super commands are a godsend IMO (example: Ryu super art is quarter circle forward with 3 punches instead of requiring two scoops - two quarter circle forwards.)

It does seem like it is tuned to let people who aren't FG lifestylers play a lot and have fun without sacrificing all the depth. That may offend some hardcore players but my initial impression is that it strikes a good balance.

FettS1

Neo Member
So are the gem packs available on psn store and are they worth buying?

Oh and why does guile sound like a sissy when throwing booms. I wanted to use characters I know well in sf4 but this is really killing his manliness.

Curious - did you set all of the voices to English in sounds options? I started with Cammy & did not like here japanese voice, so I went to options to change it. Turns out, by default, all SF characters have japanese voices & all Tekken have English. You can tweak as you like, though.

I don't know if that will help w/ Guile or not, but may be worth checking.

TimeKillr

Will 2 player local co-op on Xbox Live be patched in for the 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken? — Weegee

Svensson: It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 Xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 Xboxes)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.
*sigh*

LOL Capcom.

I know for a fact it's possible - we were debating it when I was working on a 360 game at my old job. However, it's a complete fucking PAIN because you have to deal with a ton of bullshit with something called guest accounts. It's super fucking complicated and so many issues can arise because of it it's not even funny.

Lyonaz

Bought the SE of SFxT PS3, kinda a shitty package for the price you pay.

Anyways loving the game! Asuka and Juri team ftw! Too bad the netcode sucks at the moment, hoping for a patch soon.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I kinda assume that day 1 online for these kinds of games is always gonna be sorta fucked up since more people are gonna be playing at the same time on day 1 than they ever will.

d0c_zaius

got the guide and its got that same quality and presentation as the UMVC3 guide.

One thing that is interesting is the "data arsenal" for each character.

It shows their:

vitality
Forward dash duration
backdash duration
pre-jump frames
vertical jump duration
diagonal jump duration

pretty cool.

vocab

So I'm learning Jin and Kazuya on the side. I can do mist step into electrics pretty easy, and with the shortcut it makes things easier, but I'm having problems with just the basic combo J. H Cr. H, Mist step into Electric. I can do Crouch H into mist step electric consistent, but can't do it during a jump in. I have no idea when to buffer mist step. I tried before and after. It just seems tough to do that consistent. It sucks with Jin because he goes into that forward back forward move if you fuck up, and that looks like it can be punished so you gotta execute it just right.

Shadybiz

the fun factor is way higher than SSF4 so far, lots more juggle and combo potential. Charge characters can do more funky stuff than they could in SF4

So far, it feels to me like a slightly faster, more aggression and fun oriented version of SFIV. The magic combo system lets you tap out an easy combo into tag launcher with every character so it doesn't feel frustrating picking an unfamiliar character and being lost for knowing what to do that's effective.

It's a hell of a lot of fun. Super splashy and bold. And the simplified super commands are a godsend IMO (example: Ryu super art is quarter circle forward with 3 punches instead of requiring two scoops - two quarter circle forwards.)

It does seem like it is tuned to let people who aren't FG lifestylers play a lot and have fun without sacrificing all the depth. That may offend some hardcore players but my initial impression is that it strikes a good balance.

Thanks for the impressions! I will probably end up picking it up...seems like it'll be really fun. That bit about the simplified supers is really cool; it was so time consuming to do 2 quarter circles in the heat of battle.

Had a guy at the local arcade that thought Sagat was saying "Fiber!".

"Fiber! upperCUT!"

Tizoc

LOL Capcom.

I know for a fact it's possible - we were debating it when I was working on a 360 game at my old job. However, it's a complete fucking PAIN because you have to deal with a ton of bullshit with something called guest accounts. It's super fucking complicated and so many issues can arise because of it it's not even funny.

If you don't mind me asking, would it cause 'crashes'?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow glad i got the ps3 version. I see 2 player coop does not and will not ever work on the 360. Thats a bummer. Usually i play all my fighting games on 360.

Guess Gootecks and Mike Ross will have to do their stuff for this game on a ps3.

How did this make it through testing lol

"Why people put their faith in ordering games online and waiting for delivery is beyond. Just walk into Best Buy and pick up a copy. :|"

Price. Convenience. I'm not sure where faith comes into play?

"Why people put their faith in ordering games online and waiting for delivery is beyond. Just walk into Best Buy and pick up a copy. :|"

Price. Convenience.

Mostly this.

I'm never home to recieve a shipment, so I usually end up having to pick it up from the depot.

Thankfully the depot is minutes away.

Top Bottom