• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Shito

Dude jumped, he jumped back and hit something (did not catch what it was), then on the ground did c. something into super. It kind of happened too fast. :p
But started with air to air and he did it while laggy like it was no big deal.
Oh, ok, air to air then juggle to super, yeah I can see it happening easily.

My day 1 Poison is so scrubby, I'm gonna need a lot of losses before getting anywhere with her I think.

Sblargh

Banned
The usual anti-air with poison can be followed up with c.LP->fireball or c.LP->"anything", so that must have been where the super got inserted to.

Maybe anything ending with fireball can combo into super, it does seems to get out as fast as the ex.

rCIZZLE

Thank you Mass Effect 3 for letting the 3 of us who preordered at my gamestop get a midnight release.

On a side note, I really wish capcom would make the time more like MvC3 in how slow it runs off. Played like 10 online matches and most had time run out.

Pompadour

AFAIK, it includes all of the pre-order gems.

I don't think it does. The GameStop website says the SE per-order gems should be on the receipt (which they aren't on mine). I'm not sure if they're in the game but I was looking for one particular gem I wanted to use that was in that pack but I couldn't find it.

SUPARSTARX

Everyone is saying this is so much slower and jankier than 4. I'm sure the game will speed up as you play more and understand the game but man, that is terrible to hear.

Nah, the only thing that's slow is that people can't jump in free all day and do silly stuff. :p

Shito

Maybe anything ending with fireball can combo into super, it does seems to get out as fast as the ex.
Yeah, generally in this game supers are quite easy to combo into.
It gets a little bit trickier when trying to juggle things up: sometimes it can miss depending on the move you use before the juggle or because of the corner.
For example, launcher tag to s.MP x Super works easily with her, but I had it miss in the corner this morning when trying a quick online match. I didn't have time to try and test it into training, but I suspect the corner to change things up a little bit.

But yeah, considering that air to air hits enable juggles afterwards, I can see air to air c.MP x Super being easy to do.

Can anyone confirm that the special edition has an regular edition in it?

I want to get the regular in store and wait for my SE to ship because futureshop doesn't know how to fill out pre-orders. I wanna be able to refund my SE disc

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, generally in this game supers are quite easy to combo into.
It gets a little bit trickier when trying to juggle things up: sometimes it can miss depending on the move you use before the juggle or because of the corner.
For example, launcher tag to s.MP x Super works easily with her, but I had it miss in the corner this morning when trying a quick online match. I didn't have time to try and test it into training, but I suspect the corner to change things up a little bit.

But yeah, considering that air to air hits enable juggles afterwards, I can see air to air c.MP x Super being easy to do.

Gaah! Can't wait to get my hands in the game and actually test stuff.
I don't know how to feel about damage in this, for example; a lot of matches seems to end in time overs, but then someone does a combo that eats 40% of one characters life.

I don't think it does. The GameStop website says the SE per-order gems should be on the receipt (which they aren't on mine). I'm not sure if they're in the game but I was looking for one particular gem I wanted to use that was in that pack but I couldn't find it.

We seem to be in the same boat then.

Check the back of the coin bank instructions.

Shito

Gaah! Can't wait to get my hands in the game and actually test stuff.
I don't know how to feel about damage in this, for example; a lot of matches seems to end in time overs, but then someone does a combo that eats 40% of one characters life.
What I gathered so far is that chain combos seem to lead to more damage reduce than links. So, the whole gatling into launcher tag into juggle is easy as shit to do but does less damage than linking into a few special moves / ex moves.

V_Arnold

Kazuya is a beast btw. You know that when you can combo into a 320-360 stuff with ONE Cr.Mp and without using an ex.

With a jumping roundhouse, I can consistently do 426-450 combos in the corner with him, without using meter, without damage gems :D

Westlo

I got this 2 days early for Australia.. but there's no one online ftl lol :(

Game really felt weird for the first hour but it started to click after a few.

V_Arnold

nah plenty of games let you sign in with upto four people on one consoles. The accounts don't need gold.

For signin, you do not need Gold. For going online with them, you need.
Same was with Halo 3. You needed all gamertags that were signed in with the controllers to be able to go online split-screen style.

LowParry

Man. I may have to drop the 360 version for online co-op missing and go PS3. Two gold accounts? We don't need that for COD.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Same was with Halo 3. You needed all gamertags that were signed in with the controllers to be able to go online split-screen style.

Hmm I thought it was the opposite, people on the other controllers could be signed in as guests in games like halo?

TheOGB

Banned
It is 5 o'clock in the morning and I cannot sleep. I have been jamming to this game's soundtrack for hours. All the major arcade battle themes (rival, Jin/Bison, Akuma/Ogre) are fucking amazing, and so is the credits theme, even.

I am so excited for the mail to come.

Is this shit true?

"online local co-op is ps3 only"

Seems to be true. Hopefully they patch it in when they have the tournament mode.

Halo 3 only need 1 gold account, the other 3 can be guest accounts.

Hmm I thought it was the opposite, people on the other controllers could be signed in as guests in games like halo?
right.

cackhyena

Was thinking the same thing. Couple of nice vids of Rico Sauve play on YogaFlame's channel. Any good replay channels for this game that I'm unaware of?

RS4-

I want to get the regular in store and wait for my SE to ship because futureshop doesn't know how to fill out pre-orders. I wanna be able to refund my SE disc
Iirc the disc and case covers have different art, not sure if the sku/UPC will be the same.

LowParry

Guess those who bought it are playing it and the rest are left here.

I've just been searching through the SRK forums with character specifics. I think I'm leaning in to having Ling as my secondary character but not sure on a point character. She seems like a really good support character from what I've been reading.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Assuming its a different UPC.

is there some idea which character will be good and which won't? nothing final just early assumptions. i have this weird tier list fetish and i can't pick anything in the bottom half. yeah i know...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Iirc the disc and case covers have different art, not sure if the sku/UPC will be the same.

There most likely is no UPC on a SE package, probably just a "not for resale" blank spot on the back?

So you probably wouldn't be able to exchange it, or return as SE, but you'd be able to trade it in...

----

Getting my SE from Best Buy, so gotta wait for them to open at 10 AM... FUN! With all the pre-release stuff, it's not surprising to see it kinda quiet... Not as suprising as watching the LevelUpYourGame vid, and seeing how horrid Yoshimitsu's normal hitboxes are, anyway XD

I'll never understand why Capcom thinks it's a good idea to make hitboxes smaller than what's illustrated on screen. Why not just make a different animation that matches the hitbox? (o_O)

Top Bottom