• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Thread is surprisingly dead for launch day.

Everyone needs to pick up the pace. What am I supposed to do sitting at work all day if this thread isn't keeping me entertained? Dance, puppets! Dance!

Going to be a long work day. Copy already out for delivery, still thinking who I want to team up with Abel. Eventually I want to roll with Bryan when he comes out, but dont know about until then.

I hope there is a GAF 360 lobby later, Im going to be so terrible at this. Been so long since Ive played SSFIV and even then, I was terrible. Eager to learn though!

LowParry

Do we have a 360 meta account to get GAF invited in as a whole? If not, anyone can feel free to add me. My info is up on the main page. 360 version will come soooooon!

V_Arnold

is there some idea which character will be good and which won't? nothing final just early assumptions. i have this weird tier list fetish and i can't pick anything in the bottom half. yeah i know...

Uhm.... I do not know much about tiers.
The basic idea is this: no matter what tiers, some characters are more fit to START things like a tag (be it a link or a chain), and some are more fit to coming in and doing stuff to the opponent in the air while in juggle state. For example, I strongly feel that Kazuya belongs to the "better off as a tag finisher" character, although he is perfectly capable of dishing out insane damage alone, while characters like Hwoarang is waay stronger to finish combos while tagged in compared to starting combos in a straight-up fight. Nothing set in stone yet.

But Rolento is crazy cheap, that is estabilished. If you are a tier whore, use it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
With this profile sign-in business, does the game actually allow two people to sign in on the same console on Xbox instead of the usual P1 profile with P2 being anonymous?

Wondering if in offline versus, P2's save file gets read for their gem units. Until the tournament patch is out at least.

Tizoc

After doing some more trials, I wanna learn Law and Yoshimitsu, but for now I'll stick to Claw and Hugo as mains.

Kai Dracon

Also feel free to add me on 360 w/ gamertag - Dinosaur Toy

Edit: forgot to add I'm in the US, east coast for lag concerns.

Horseress

After doing some more trials, I wanna learn Law and Yoshimitsu, but for now I'll stick to Claw and Hugo as mains.

Law is godlike! Now I'm with Hwoarang/Lili, but I may switch Hwoarang for Law.

Oh, and please, add my psn tag (julianoabrs) on the front page =D

Waiting for Amazon to deliver this today. Anything I should know about? I play a lot of Umvc3 and SSFIV. I heard the gems are mandatory or something. And is this a 6 button game or a 4 button like Marvel?

I know I should read the OP but time is of the essence

LowParry

Waiting for Amazon to deliver this today. Anything I should know about? I play a lot of Umvc3 and SSFIV. I heard the gems are mandatory or something. And is this a 6 button game or a 4 button like Marvel?

6 button but don't try and play this like SF4 or Marvel. It's a new breed of awesome. If you've enjoyed those two said games, you'll love this.

USD

Welp, I suddenly have a bunch of free time to play the game, but now I regret not opting for faster shipping for my stick (pad broke, and gave into the desire). After dropping $200 on stick, I probably should have just said fuck it and gone for a faster shipping option; what's an extra $10-15? Oh well. I guess pumping my time into training mode and learning the fundamentals of my planned team is good enough while I wait.

It hurts that there's no pre-existing community explicitly for this game. Mahvel hype was through the roof due to the "ten year wait".

The potential for hype is there. '18 years in the making' or 'Clash of 2 titans' blah blah taglines could have done it. The way Capcom dressed this makes it all kind of... goofy.

When I think of this whole cross-over thing the word that comes to mind is, 'neat'. It's a damn shame.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Marvel is not a 4 button game though...

Kai Dracon

The potential for hype is there. '18 years in the making' or 'Clash of 2 titans' blah blah taglines could have done it. The way Capcom dressed this makes it all kind of... goofy.

When I think of this whole cross-over thing the word that comes to mind is, 'neat'. It's a damn shame.

True, the marketing and steamrolling for the game has been inconsistent as well as goofy. Some of it pushes the bad ass, some of it clowns around.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Folks already tweeting Ono san about balance issues... Rufus is broken!!!111111!!!!

Its too early to talk about balance mayne!!

cackhyena

It's true. Being a die hard SF4 fan, I couldn't' get into it until watching the most recent streams and videos showcasing the potential. I'm starting to believe this will finally overtake SF4. I think I'm ( maybe ) okay with that...possibly.

Fuck Rufus to the depths of hell.

Why did he have to be so good?

I would prefer Dan with super armour on all his normals that gains one bar with every taunt over him.

LowParry

I'm not worried about Rufus at all. I'll have Vega to counter that. :D

And I'm getting conflicting results of my friends list of mostly them all going to the PS3. Mehhhhhh.

shuri

Banned

Well the thing is, lets be honest.. I don't think i've seen any demand for a 'street fighter vs tekken' crossover prior for the announcement of this game.

SF Vs Mahval = ultimate hype
VF vs Tekken = mad hype
SF vs SNK = Mad hype
SF VS MK = mild hype but still hype!
VF VS DOA = interesting hype I guess

but SF vs Tekken? People are just happy to get a new SF themed game that is well made, as SF4:AE is getting a bit old already.

B00TE

Been playing since around noon yesterday. Been playing Jin/Lili, still trying to get the hang of things. It's harder to chain specials than I thought, and it's gonna take some practice to get the inputs down. Other than that, which I found a bit jarring at first for some reason, I love this game. I spent the entire afternoon in team games with friends, and with all of us jumping in with no training it became a race to see who could find what first. Tagging each other in right in the middle of a combo was so great, and lead to some great results but it was quickly learned that this doesn't work in every situation and more than once someone tagged themselves in, only to get punched in the face.

I didn't play online at all yet, since I had three other people to play with. I might try tonight after I can spend a good amount of time in the lab finding what works and what doesn't. Even right now when I can't play the game, I can't stop thinking of possibilities.

Signed in this morning, no day one patch? Or more customization colors... Does anyone know if we're getting those this week?

Tizoc

Folks already tweeting Ono san about balance issues... Rufus is broken!!!111111!!!!

Its too early to talk about balance mayne!!

True and to quote-
Mike Z said:
Something I've noticed: when showing SG to oldschool players, they will play for 3 or 4 hours then tell me they "can't give any real opinions or advice because they don't really know anything yet". When showing it to newer players, nerfs and buffs are immediately called for after 10-15 minutes, and everything is either amazing or terrible. I generally tend to agree with the older school of thought, in that you can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.

TGMIII

Fuck Rufus to the depths of hell.

Why did he have to be so good?

I would prefer Dan with super armour on all his normals that gains one bar with every taunt over him.

You can't say if rufus is good or not right now, we'll not even see the game really take shape for another few months. If anything I except rufus to be average at best due to his shitty normals but Seth has said that anti-airs aren't as good in this as other fighters so we'll see.

LowParry

Did anyone else order the guide off amazon? Mine doesn't even say shipping soon yet. C'mon son!

Don't think it's had an official release on it. So maybe won't show till later this week or so.

Oh, and if you can update my info on the main page, add in for PSN: Downplay as well. Sounds like I'm double dipping.

B00TE

Yeah, they didn't have the guide in at the midnight release I went to to get my Special Edition copy. They didn't know when it'd be in either.

Spacebar

Game Stop has it, but when I searched for a local store no inventory was found within a 100 miles.

I'm pretty shocked they didn't have the guide out with the release of the game. That's a lot of day 1 sales you're missing right there.

Also, I went by Gamestop last night to see if they had any MadCatz SFxT sticks and none were in stock around my area (about 7 stores). MarkMan you gotta get more stock out there!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
True, the marketing and steamrolling for the game has been inconsistent as well as goofy. Some of it pushes the bad ass, some of it clowns around.

Personality wise, though, that's just how I feel about Tekken as a franchise. If anything, it's one of the things that makes me feel like the Tekken theme is there; SF goofy is normally lacking redeeming qualities (yet I still wish Dan was playable, haha), whereas Tekken goofy is a natural element of the series, that doesn't seem to bring anything down with it.

The biggest weakness to the marketing, to me, is that the series just don't "naturally" fit. Of course, you can draw comparisions, and even make things kinda fit ("Satsui no Hado, is it related to the devil gene?!?"), but this isn't the "on everyones minds" debate like that old "2 biggest makers of 2D fighters, clash!" game that many of us still hold in high regard.

I think the game does a good job selling it now, at the end of it all, though. Especially once the "Disk Loaded Content" characters make it out.

Messed around with this for a while last night, dead tired for work now. Cant wait to play this all day tomorrow and get decent since I have no work. :) I want to learn Asuka since she was my main in Tekken but she seems too different, not sure what to do.

Tizoc

Messed around with this for a while last night, dead tired for work now. Cant wait to play this all day tomorrow and get decent since I have no work. :) I want to learn Asuka since she was my main in Tekken but she seems too different, not sure what to do.

Learning a character is one of the many joys of FGs ;3
If you like how she palys in this game, keep at it and you may get really good and enjoy playing her in this game.

I think Cammy and Hwaorang will be my main team. I was struggling over the weekend a lot, but they are starting to gel and I have been winning a few matches. I haven't even bothered to pay attention to gem system yet. I largely ignored them and focused soley on getting the basic moves and mechanics down. But I am going to DLC some and start putting together some decent boosts.

I want to learn Law and Lili too. Just not enough time :-(

LProtag

So besides going through the roster to find the characters I like the most, who are the best characters for beginners in this game? I really need to focus on fundamentals.

Top Bottom