• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man I always order online. Like I said, if you cant wait for the game to arrive hit up your local big box store and purchase a copy to hold you over. Keep that receipt and take your online copy back to the store when it arrives.

As long as its the same version everything will work out well.

Is it okay to discuss the DLC characters videos?
As far as I know, yes. We were talking about them for a large part of yesterday.

XenoRaven

Price. Convenience. I'm not sure where faith comes into play?
My online order was supposed to ship to Best Buy. It honestly amazes me to see how many people are seeing delays. How hard is it to deliver things really?

Also, I ordered online because by the time I decided to pre-order, no one else had the Special Edition and I wanted the Special Edition.

My online order was supposed to ship to Best Buy. It honestly amazes me to see how many people are seeing delays. How hard is it to deliver things really?

Also, I ordered online because by the time I decided to pre-order, no one else had the Special Edition and I wanted the Special Edition.

Wahahahaha. Ever heard of logistics?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Game Stop has it, but when I searched for a local store no inventory was found within a 100 miles.

I'm pretty shocked they didn't have the guide out with the release of the game. That's a lot of day 1 sales you're missing right there.

Also, I went by Gamestop last night to see if they had any MadCatz SFxT sticks and none were in stock around my area (about 7 stores). MarkMan you gotta get more stock out there!!

We're trying to get more out there! :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
532196266.jpg

My body is ready.

I rushed to buy the game on my lunch break from work, mission accomplished, I snagged the SE I hoped it was worth the price.

photonk49h.jpg

now I just have to wait till 6 pm to come back home, and then feed my kid, and then play with him while the wife does some other stuff in the house as well, and then put my kid to sleep since I can't play violent videogames when he is around, and then, only then, maybe around 9pm if I am lucky I'll play the game woohoo!

Spruchy

Amazon's SFxTK guide is shipping in 1-3 months?!? wtf!

Mine says it'll be here Thursday.

The sound bug is really awful, as well as the news you can't play online locally with a buddy. As great as this game is offline, the online is a joke until patched.

vg260

Geez. The no online with a local buddy on 360 is a huge gaffe since it appears technically possible. I feel bad for people who were really looking forward to that. Guess you have to tell your buddy to go home and get on his machine :/ Despite apparently being in the "Capcom Defense Force" I feel they deserve the flak for this.

Amazon's SFxTK guide is shipping in 1-3 months?!? wtf!

Don't panic. Product status often does this as they are starting to stock and ship items. It just essentially means they've got their initial allocation, it's accounted for and processing. Did this for the last 3 guides I've bought and got em in a week.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No seriously that sound bug seems like something that is hard to miss in testing. Hopefully that day one patch will take care of it. They had to know that this was an issue for quite a while now. My assumption is the game had to go gold so they left the bug in and they have the patch ready...(lets hope)

TimeKillr

If you don't mind me asking, would it cause 'crashes'?

No, it's not that it's causing 'crashes'. The problem is with drop-in/drop-out of non XBL Gold accounts that fucks things up, because there's a host in these things. You can't do host switching on-the-fly if a Gold player leaves, for example, because all the guests associated to that account will also drop.

That's just *one* of the potential problems. With PSN, since everyone can play online, this is never an issue. It's also much simpler; there are no guests to take care of, no ghost players, no nothing.

brian

Wow glad i got the ps3 version. I see 2 player coop does not and will not ever work on the 360. Thats a bummer. Usually i play all my fighting games on 360.

Guess Gootecks and Mike Ross will have to do their stuff for this game on a ps3.

How did this make it through testing lol

This pisses me off far more than the delayed on-disc DLC stuff does. This is something I was really looking forward to in this game. If MK of all games can pull it off, it is certainly something they should have included.

Lothars

Geez. The no online with a local buddy on 360 is a huge gaffe since it appears technically possible. I feel bad for people who were really looking forward to that. Guess you have to tell your buddy to go home and get on his machine :/ Despite apparently being in the "Capcom Defense Force" I feel they deserve the flak for this.
Agreed, I don't find this acceptable at all since it sounded like it was possible up until that statement I read.

It's just messed up.

Many, many, have said this, but this isn't Street Fighter IV. ;_; I got to play the game in campus.

But, it's fun as hell. I'm reppin' that Balrog/Marduk so far.

LOL Capcom.

I know for a fact it's possible - we were debating it when I was working on a 360 game at my old job. However, it's a complete fucking PAIN because you have to deal with a ton of bullshit with something called guest accounts. It's super fucking complicated and so many issues can arise because of it it's not even funny.

That is complete bullshit. I've worked on plenty of titles that support this exact feature. Call of Duty, Gears of War, and a shit ton of other games also supports this... who do they think they are going to fool?

And no, a studio like Capcom shouldn't have any issues implementing this. They are just lazy as shit.

SykoTech

....I caved.

Had to be outta the house today since it's getting painted, and ended up buying the game while at the mall. I was suppose to be holding out as long as I could, yet I ended up buying it Day 1. My first Day 1 purchase of the year in fact. Hilarious. I can easily ignore everything else Capcom makes, but my brother and I are slaves when it comes to their fighting games regardless of how scummy they can be with them. Oh well, should be a fun time.

Anyone looking to fight our scrubby selves, feel free add me on PSN: SykoTech. Just say you're from GAF.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Many, many, have said this, but this isn't Street Fighter IV. ;_; I got to play the game in campus.

But, it's fun as hell. I'm reppin' that Balrog/Marduk so far.

I adore sf4, but I'm expecting something between marvel and sf4 in sfxt.

TimeKillr

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;35781969 said:
That is complete bullshit. I've worked on plenty of titles that support this exact feature. Call of Duty, Gears of War, and a shit ton of other games also supports this... who do they think they are going to fool?

And no, a studio like Capcom shouldn't have any issues implementing this. They are just lazy as shit.

We were a small studio so we had "trouble" dealing with it because for our game scope it was a lot of work for little benefit, but it is definitely problematic.

However, Capcom shouldn't have budget issues to work that out. My guess is that whatever team worked on the game really didn't like the 360 or had a lot of problems working with it so they said fuck it.

I don't know exactly what team(s) worked on the game, though. SF4 was developed by DIMPS with direction from Capcom, but with SFxT I have no idea.

Bizazedo

However, Capcom shouldn't have budget issues to work that out. My guess is that whatever team worked on the game really didn't like the 360 or had a lot of problems working with it so they said fuck it.

I don't know exactly what team(s) worked on the game, though. SF4 was developed by DIMPS with direction from Capcom, but with SFxT I have no idea.
Given the Vita push, extra characters on PS3, delayed release of the "12" (someone should mock up some posterss), I'd say the 360 was definitely secondary to their considerations.

Fuckers.

Mine is currently sitting on my front porch. 2.5 hours of work left.

Sigh.

Think Ive settled on Abel and will roll with King until Bryan makes his debut. If anyone wants an absolutely, positively scrubby player to learn with/beat up on, XBL is TheApatheticOne.

AAK

I just wasted 2 hours walking between 3 different electronic retail outlets across Ottawa looking for a copy of SFxT and not ONE of them had it in stock... and everyone of them had Shephards stupid troll face at the front of the store :/

My city hates me today :(

So uhh, I got my copy of the game from Amazon today...except there was no game disc in the case. Case wasn't wrapped in plastic either. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Top Bottom