• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

naib

I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would. Playing with Hugo and I've never played a grappler. Fun stuff.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep, got it easily with linking. That actually erases one of the major problems I was having with the fighting engine. It actually makes the game way more AWESOME.

Wait till you get to the one I'm talking about. Problem with the game so far is that nobody is really use to the timing yet. It is vastly different from Æ.

Whoa, I'm liking Ogre so far. There might be some hope for me after all. Hopefully by my first tournament I will only play 1 shoto instead of 2.

Teknoman

You mean the QCB-P moves? I haven't used them much yet. Still trying to get the hang of him and what buttons are good at what.

I find myself spacing people with pokes into fist move, and getting jabs linked into crouch forward for combos. And trying to time that knee move against the shoto army online.

I am finding his power dunk and yang up kicks not the greatest moves. They get stuffed alot. I am using jump back MP alot as anti-air (like I used to do with Adon).

Just look forward to putting more time into him. I know I am probably playing him wrong, heh.

Yeah QCB-P move. The ex version has a nice 2 hit -> wallbounce. I only use the kicks as a possible anti air for jumpy people, or EX version after a tag launcher...but i'm still trying to get his knee timing down.

njean777

I like Poison and Ogre against shotos - both have decent normals, frametraps, antiairs and can punish Fireballs from Fullscreen.

I typically run Ken/Hwaorang (i murdered that name) they dont expect how fast H can be so you just combo them down real quick.

Teknoman

The only thing I dont like about the game is that you have to fight with official teams to see real endings apparently.

I typically run Ken/Hwaorang (i murdered that name) they dont expect how fast H can be so you just combo them down real quick.

Yeah Hwoarang is turbo speed.

EDIT: The game has super jumps or was that a tutorial joke?

The lag is to be expected with a day 1 capcom game....bunch of dudes online.

Outside of a few moments when it skips to me getting punched in the face, lag has been fine.

But dat sound glitch is the worst. Unacceptable really.

Also there are a buttload of timeouts and no option to go with infinite time? Patch that in too.

Speaking of a patch..wheres our day one patch?

Bitching aside the actual game is fun as hell. Shame it's been marred with stupid as fuck stuff. But Capcom gonna Capcom...comes with the territory.

But seriously get your shit together

SoulFist

Turns out my copy was delivered by UPS but is no where to be seen at my house. Either misplaced by the delivery guy or stolen. :( This sucks bad guys. Any other game and it wouldn't be as big a deal to me, but this one cuts deep.

Teknoman

No idea, but it shouldn't be hard to set that up in training mode by recording Ryu doing a fireball and setting the cpu to playback.

Thanks for the heads up, had no idea that was possible. I was looking for some sort of cpu settings other than stand, but this will make things alot easier to check.

The command dash thing? I'd imagine it would have that upper body projectile invincibility but still possible to get hit by low tiger shot.

Yeah the command dash.

SSnake

Ranked matches are pretty smooth for me, but the audio glitch drives me crazy. Scramble is a mess with randoms, soooooo much lag.

Mista Koo

But it looks like Pac-Man and Mega Man will be on 360 eventually, too :).

At least you get Cole and the two cats.

Instead of sound glitches imitating a tournament environment.
Actually I won't be able to play the console version for at least two months, so this was a main factor too.

Shouta

I finally did that Somersault combo with Law in the Trial mode. I'll be glad if I ever hit that during a match.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Too early to make a fair assumption on the game. I really miss fadcing. I keep tagging in because of it. Also things feel so floaty and I'm not too thrilled about chain combos. Just have to adjust I guess. Sweeps and jumping attacks are so prominent in this game. The usual suspects online will love this game.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
damn i should have bought the strategy guide. These tekken characters have crazy move lists...

-PXG-

Bison + Poison...somehow...I will make it work.

damn i should have bought the strategy guide. These tekken characters have crazy move lists...

I know. I'm gonna grind really hard with this game. I'm rusty as hell. I will get my ass pummeled if I even attempt to go online now.

Oh and is it me or are the sound effects really low.

vocab

Alright. Trial #20 of Kazuya. That first part is a mean motherfucker. I can not get the cr.M cr.M Cr. Forward into Electric. I can do Crouching forward into electric and do the rest of the combo easily. I'm getting SFIVed in this one.

EYEL1NER

Wow, I am surprised at how many Tekken characters I am really liking. I was having a good time earlier with Bob, Raven, Steve, and Yoshi.
I have to say too that I really liked Yoshimitsu a lot. I think I'm gonna roll with Poison/Yoshi or Cammy/Yoshi.

I've only spent probably 5 hours so far playing versus with a buddy (who I convinced to buy the game today when we were out, because my SE doesn't get in until the end of the week) but I am loving this game. Especially the songs and stages. The whole "Capcom is selling an incomplete game!" thing is making me laugh even more now. This shit is definitely worth $60.

For some reason I can't pull off Pandora mode though. I will do it fast, do it slow, hold the last down, hold the mP and mK, any variation, and I have only done it once accidentally.
And I guess I gotta break out the fightstick. I was lazy earlier and using a pad and I can't stand the diagonal jumping back or forward. I'm hoping it feels better on a stick.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This game is so good. Also... flashy. Also, netcode is generally excellent. But fuck that sound glitch. So distracting. How the hell did that make it pass QA

Chun + Julia here!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Juri was made for this game. No more getting shafted by armored BS, she doesn't feel like a gimmick anymore. Thank you, Based God. I am truly blessed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm seeing great things in this franchises' future. It's like the beautiful mixed child of Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom 3. This is exactly what I've wanted for awhile.

Junie12

I was thinking of caving in and buy the 360 version but after all this nonsense with online,
I'm just going to be patient and continue to wait for the PC version like a good boy :/

I was thinking of caving in and buy the 360 version but after all this nonsense with online,
I'm just going to be patient and continue to wait for the PC version like a good boy :/

You do that, just don't be upset when you spend your first month getting destroyed by shitty players like me with a 2 month head start on the game.

Junie12

You do that, just don't be upset when you spend your first month getting destroyed by shitty players like me with a 2 month head start on the game.

I'm a really shitty player so I'll still get my ass handed to me even if I had a two month start.
I drop combos like nobodies business :(

Makoto

You probably should wait for the PC version. I'm not sure about the 360 version but after dipping on SFIV/AE on PC, the graphics of the PS3 version of SFxT sure look nasty and there's little doubt in my mind that SFxT PC is going to look phenomenal.

K.Sabot

Eat a dick backdashers, option select c.lp -- sweep is badass now, cancel into fireball if I fuck up? Free mix up off of the dash? Fuck not-blockers.

Top Bottom