• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ken

Is my arcade stick messed up or am I just pressing the buttons with incorrect timing for Xiaoyu's 14th challenge?

It's just standing light punch 3 times followed by some kicks but I keep dropping after the second punch?

After nearly having SF4 ruined by flowchart Ken and Ryu players until I worked out Balrog, I have to ask who is the best counter team for the shotos so far? I'm expecting a bit of a festival of these two when I venture online

vocab

Is my arcade stick messed up or am I just pressing the buttons with incorrect timing for Xiaoyu's 14th challenge?

It's just standing light punch 3 times followed by some kicks but I keep dropping after the second punch?

The 3rd punch is probably a link.

SykoTech

Just curious, what are the problems the 360 version has other than the lack of local 2 player co-op?

Skimmed the thread and saw that it apparently has serious sound issues online. Then again, both versions supposedly have bad online. So maybe the PS3 version shares that problem as well.

Guess I should give online a try myself.

Teknoman

After nearly having SF4 ruined by flowchart Ken and Ryu players until I worked out Balrog, I have to ask who is the best counter team for the shotos so far? I'm expecting a bit of a festival of these two when I venture online

I know one of Jin's moves is supposed to be able to absorb attacks if you're thinking fireball spam.

so, after not paying attention to this game other than pretty cg trailer. is the game good? does it feel like it has it's own identity or is it too similar to SSF4 gameplay wise but with extra tekken character?

Ferrio

Banned
What's a link?

A link is a type of combo that's a byproduct of frame advantages.

Basically you combo two moves by using a move that puts your opponent in hitstun, and then following up a move that has a short enough startup that it comes out before they recover.

Due to this they usually have really strict timing. Though they're exceptions (Technically a jumping in kick, to a standing punch is a link.)

Teknoman

so, after not paying attention to this game other than pretty cg trailer. is the game good? does it feel like it has it's own identity or is it too similar to SSF4 gameplay wise but with extra tekken character?

Someone earlier said it best:

It feels like a nice mix of SSF4 and MvC 3. Its really got its own feel what with one character being ko'd = round won, Tekken's juggle factor, and everything else. Even the Tekken characters feel tailor made for the game and not just pasted in. If you play this like you would play SSF4, you probably wont enjoy yourself. Everything about the game looks, sounds, and feels great, aside from the online issues...which should be fixed.

Ken

A link is a type of combo that's a byproduct of frame advantages.

Basically you combo two moves by using a move that puts your opponent in hitstun, and then following up a move that has a short enough startup that it comes out before they recover.

Due to this they usually have really strict timing. Though they're are exceptions (Technically a jumping in kick, to a standing punch is a link.)

How would I do this with just 3 standing light punches (which is what the challenge is telling me to do).

Hey, loving the game but I'm interested in playing the local co-op online option. I have the ps3 version and my friend and I want to play 2v2 online.

How do we do it? there only seems to be a way for me to play with other people online, there does not seem to be a way to get him to play with me. is it possible?

Thanks!

XenoRaven

Chun's Trial No. 16 is killing me. They made her crouching forward cancel into everything like the old days, then neutered the range. It has less range than her crouching jab now. :(

TheOGB

Banned
So I'm playing it and I kinda suck.

I am playing it like I'd play SSF4
which I was slightly less than decent at

But I dig it. I'm having fun and I'm learning. Went through arcade with Ryu/Ken and decided I will not be using those two :V It's too bad I'm really used to SF4's shortcuts, I can tell that's messing me up.

Tobe

wtf is up with capcom lately, i used to make fun of KOF for its fucked up netcode but now capcom just decided to redo the damn good netcode ssf4 had?

at least i dont feel so bad about getting the game at the end of the month. i really dont see ppl grinding that hard if the netcode sucks. hopefully they patch it by the end of the month

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So i have the ps3 version coming in the mail....

I couldnt constrain myself. I went ahead and picked up the 360 CE from gamestop. After trade ins and powerup pro renewal I got it for $1.50 . Ballin!!!

Hey, loving the game but I'm interested in playing the local co-op online option. I have the ps3 version and my friend and I want to play 2v2 online.

How do we do it? there only seems to be a way for me to play with other people online, there does not seem to be a way to get him to play with me. is it possible?

Thanks!

Is this possible on the 360 or ps3?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Did someone say the gem codes were on the back of the arcade machine?

Also, does it mean when Amazon e-mails me the pre-order code, I got an extra code?

Mine comes Thursday because I did a last minute Monday pre-order.

Moofers

UnoILLNino on PSN. Hit me up, people! My Mad Catz Namco TE S is ready for battle! I'm doing that contest tonight, but tomorrow I'll be on and looking for some casual games. :)

HOW IS HUGO!????
pretty awesome. most hp in the game and does good damage. one of the best anti-airs in the game, a good cross-up, a good sweep and quite a few overheads (his uoh from 3s might be able to hop over lows, and if it counterhits i read that u can link into a full combo). also gets a move with super armour which you can juggle into a full combo. coming from 3s, it feels like his spd range and speed is worse (although haven't tried zangief in this game yet so i don't know how his compares) and his giant palm doesn't seem as good as it used to be in terms of frame advantage. overall, it seems like you'll get mileage out of all of his moves rather than just spd and palm.

I just played and won my first online match(shamefully using Ken and Ryu) and I see the problem you guys are talking about. Now luckily my match wasn't very laggy, it was still a bit laggy but not enough to really effect me. But the part of about the sound is true, it really threw me off at first. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Makoto

Dualshock player here. I was originally going to use the d-pad for this, but flashbacks to the torture my thumb received the last time it had to endure a d-pad in SFIV came back. Now I'm going to "wolfkrone" it (use the analog stick). Any other dualshock players finding it smooth to play with the analog stick in SFxT?

Teknoman

I just played and won my first online match(shamefully using Ken and Ryu) and I see the problem you guys are talking about. Now luckily my match wasn't very laggy, it was still a bit laggy but not enough to really effect me. But the part of about the sound is true, it really threw me off at first. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Nothing wrong with playing as Ken X Ryu, just dont spam like crazy. I really hope people dont look down on others for using both on the same team.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hi, This is MarkMan. I want to give a shoutouts to NeoGAF, SRK, that secret channel and my favorite girl in the world Sherry.

I love you guys. I do this for you!

njean777

I need a good fighting stick that is not to much money, I have a hori V3 that was 60$ but I play better with the dpad then this thing. I have no clue what is wrong with it, but I can not pull off my moves on point like I can with the dpad. Anybody have any good recommendations?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
pretty awesome. most hp in the game and does good damage. one of the best anti-airs in the game, a good cross-up, a good sweep and quite a few overheads (his uoh from 3s might be able to hop over lows, and if it counterhits i read that u can link into a full combo). also gets a move with super armour which you can juggle into a full combo. coming from 3s, it feels like his spd range and speed is worse (although haven't tried zangief in this game yet so i don't know how his compares) and his giant palm doesn't seem as good as it used to be in terms of frame advantage. overall, it seems like you'll get mileage out of all of his moves rather than just spd and palm.

Good stuff, thanks for the info. I noticed his slowed down speed in the combo vids. A little jarring but seems like its balanced out.

Shouta

I played a bit and I'm liking it so far. The netcode is total shit though as far as I've played. I haven't had an acceptable match yet online.

At any rate, I'm really digging the Tekken cast but I laughed when Asuka and Paul have the exact same kick special.

Morris

Disco Devil
First Impressions:

LEARNING STEVE IS GONNA BE TOUGH! I have no idea what his gameplan should be like...

Abel kind of sucks, he just feels super awkward to me without his FADC. Still need to find my secondary char...

Also, if anyone still needs an invite to the PSN GAF Chat, feel free to add me!

KaYotiX

Banned
Was thinking a Chun/King combo, I'm out of town ATM though :( Can't wait to try it out when I get home. Game seems like a blast

Top Bottom