• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

RedBoot

I'm not. I played Steve in Tekken but shit not translating to SF! I've played both SF and Tekken, but putting them together you would think it be an easy transition or me, but it isn't.

Oh SFxT why are you fucking me like this?

I main Asuka in Tekken but I can't do jack with her here. Meanwhile, I'm doing okay with Heihachi, who I never touch in Tekken.

It's a different game from Tekken (and SF4, even), so everything's going to be mostly new.

I'm still getting destroyed online though. It feels too laggy, and the sound issue is really throwing me off (I'm on PS3, too, so it's not just on the 360).

I'm not. I played Steve in Tekken but shit not translating to SF! I've played both SF and Tekken, but putting them together you would think it be an easy transition or me, but it isn't.

Oh SFxT why are you fucking me like this?

I know its like I'm learning to string together combos, but in match I get bodied. Since he has no good get off me type attacks and not a solid Normal AA its kind of difficult playing defense

Nothing wrong with playing as Ken X Ryu, just dont spam like crazy. I really hope people dont look down on others for using both on the same team.

Yeah, my impression is that others will look at me and think "really, you can't learn how to play anybody else". And to that my answer is "after 20 years of SF, not yet". I did play Seth in SF4, but sadly he's not in here(which should make some people happy though). I honestly feel embarrassed by my inability to play non-shoto characters.

cackhyena

Yeah, my impression is that others will look at me and think "really, you can't learn how to play anybody else". And to that my answer is "after 20 years of SF, not yet". I did play Seth in SF4, but sadly he's not in here(which should make some people happy though). I honestly feel embarrassed by my inability to play non-shoto characters.

I branched out quite a bit in SF4. Ryu is always my go to, but I'm just as comfy with Guile nowadays. If Cody was here day one, he'd be right up there now as well.

njean777

It doesnt matter, you are good with who you are good with. I play Ken and always will when it comes to SF. I play Jin and always will when it comes to Tekken.

I managed to cop a special edition from Gamestop for PS3 (my Xbox is in Florida).

I only got to see the intro and mess around with the tutorial and some of the missions.

I started to scratch my head when I got to the mission that requires a team combo of 15 hits.

I haven't quite come to grips with the combos (and I'm using Rice-Eater's scrub squad).

So I do J. Hk, S. lp, S. MP, S. HP, Cross Rush Launcher then it's like WTF.

I know how to do say S. MP, S. HP and special. But it's pretty hard to combo into the super arts or whatever the team super is with a pad.

And I agree on the SE being trash. I wish we would've gotten the soundtrack, the retarded comic and the gems.

TimeKillr

So I tried online on my PS3 copy...

With a perfect connection, it was a complete lagfest. I don't understand how that works :(

And that sound glitch! My god! It's so stupidly HORRIBLE!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I main Asuka in Tekken but I can't do jack with her here.
I'm right there with you man. I really, really hate her anti-air command throw. I can't get a feel for its timing and hitbox at all... She supposedly has a lot of options, but I can do nothing with her.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ryu trial 17 makes no sense. Even with perfect input on the joudan kick, and can't link/cancel cr.hp into h.joudan kick. Launcher comes out every time because i'm pressing two hard attacks in a row. Am I missing something?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
No but I'm liking him quite a bit. I'm still not hot on Abel though.

ibvsaFTVvnaE79.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ryu trial 17 makes no sense. Even with perfect input on the joudan kick, and can't link/cancel cr.hp into h.joudan kick. Launcher comes out every time because i'm pressing two hard attacks in a row. Am I missing something?

Which one is that?

I think I made it to 19. The one with the solar plexus.

Man Juri is a nightmare in the hands of a good player. Especially if you're trying to beat her with Kaz. Every time I see a Ryu/Juri team I get scared. =/

Do it the old fashion way. Link it instead of chaining LP into HP.

cackhyena

You're missing quarter circle forward, bro. Seriously though. enough practice and you'll get the hang of it. Took me a while as well.

bleh, typical capcom fighter

the only thing they managed to do right is the fighting itself

if this were an arcade only game it'd be fine, but as something you buy and play in the home it's ridiculous

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Which one is that?

I think I made it to 19. The one with the solar plexus.

j.H kick > cr.lp xx cr.hp xx h.joudan kick > cr.hp xx ex.SRK

You're missing quarter circle forward, bro. Seriously though. enough practice and you'll get the hang of it. Took me a while as well.
quarter circle forward where? inputs can show a perfect joudan kick motion after cr.hp and launcher still comes out.

That back-step hit move really trips people up :p

It hasnt been bad lag wise for me...yet. Sound glitch sucks though.

You mean the QCB-P moves? I haven't used them much yet. Still trying to get the hang of him and what buttons are good at what.

I find myself spacing people with pokes into fist move, and getting jabs linked into crouch forward for combos. And trying to time that knee move against the shoto army online.

I am finding his power dunk and yang up kicks not the greatest moves. They get stuffed alot. I am using jump back MP alot as anti-air (like I used to do with Adon).

Just look forward to putting more time into him. I know I am probably playing him wrong, heh.

Lokbob

After nearly having SF4 ruined by flowchart Ken and Ryu players until I worked out Balrog, I have to ask who is the best counter team for the shotos so far? I'm expecting a bit of a festival of these two when I venture online

I like Poison and Ogre against shotos - both have decent normals, frametraps, antiairs and can punish Fireballs from Fullscreen.

goldensun

Just did all of Vega's trials, and the last one is a bitch. If you try to do it, note that you should do it midscreen, as the super wiffs at the end if you try it in the corner.

That being said, I've had the game since Saturday (yay urrrleyy!) and I've been rocking Guile and Raven. It takes around 3 - 4 combos with the BnBs I've been using to kill mostly any character. Raven's really strong! Plus his cr.HP loops look dope.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yep, got it easily with linking. That actually erases one of the major problems I was having with the fighting engine. It actually makes the game way more AWESOME.

Moofers

Bumped for the new page:

I'm giving away a SFXT poster signed by Yoshinori Ono. Head over to this thread and get yourself entered in the drawing!

ALSO, anyone been playing Poison much? I watched that tutorial vid a few days ago, but would like to hear some input from GAF users who are trying her out. I wanted to make her my main, but I'm feeling like she doesn't do enough damage. Maybe she's mid-tier?

Love King's win quotes though. Very friendly and good sportsman. I always like that.

Top Bottom