• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Fix the sound issue and this game is gravy.

Sound Issue makes playing online headache inducing.

I'v had slight lag but nothing too bad.

I hope this upcoming patch (of legend) fixes that at the very least. I would be satisfied.

FSLink

Banned
Anyone else keep supering by mistake because you usually EX with 3 buttons?

No, but I keep missing supers since I'm used to double motion + button instead of single motion + button in SF games. I have no problem doing it in Marvel and stuff but in here I keep messing it up, haha.

TheOGB

Banned
Goddamn, people online are free-er than me? I just scrubbed out like 8 wins
against the same guy, but with different people every time
with only 1 loss.

Still getting used to this game and its differentness, but I am finding quite a few characters that click with me. Paul and Yoshimitsu were my guys back in the Tekken 3 days, so no surprise there, but Asuka, Poison, Rolento, Rufus, and Steve have all caught my eye.

I do definitely hope they patch the sound issue, and cut down on some of that lag. Unfortunately my inability to consistently forward jump is not due to the lag, but to less input leniency or something of that nature. Everybody almost feels heavy. Does anybody else share this feeling?

EDIT:
How many people with lag issues are playing with wireless? Just wondering.
Wireless 360 with lag in intros/outros, none too much during matches. I'll try wired tomorrow.

Sayah

Game is great. Just need the sound issues fixed for online play. Getting used to the SF-style combo system as well.

Can somebody explain to me what linking is? In complete noob terms please. Or post a video explaining it....

I'm in the same boat. Zangief's 12th or 13th trial is a string of 3 medium punches, and no matter how hard i mash i cant get them to work, tried slowing it down and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it either.

also, does anyone know how to cancel a normal? is that possible? for another trial i have a punch into an ex special, i cannot ever seem to get it to work, but i have no issue canceling specials.

Going through trials with Tekken characters and....I've found moves with Nina and King that are diagonal button combinations (LK/MP, LP/MK). I play pad and you CANNOT config those button combinations to the shoulders. I don't play claw handed or piano or whatever you call it, I've always used my thumbs and play fine that way.

Fuck.

*Ah, I'll map a single button to a shoulder and hit it in conjunction with that other button, I just hope there's not more than two. It's what I did for the bit I played Phoenix Wright in UMVC3.

Imm0rt4l

its amazing just how much the lack of sound takes away from playing the game online. I think I'm going to be a training mode monster till this gets patched.

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh is there anyway to turn around when in Ling's rain stance? I wanan be like tekken and launch with 4 and follow up with DB+2

and yes the sound on the online is a deal breaker really. It just fucks with your head too much.

I'm in the same boat. Zangief's 12th or 13th trial is a string of 3 medium punches, and no matter how hard i mash i cant get them to work, tried slowing it down and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it either

It's timing, that's all links are. Mashing will get you no where, be rhythmic with it.

LowParry

So yeah, I had a few instances where it was 2 people in the room. 6 man lobby. I sit and wait...and wait...and wait. It's like they were playing true endless. Tried ranked. Up against 2 people. Laggy but I won. There's that weird roll back with everything that really throws ya off. It really sucks. I suppose this is a good sort of thing where I can focus learning the characters, work on ME3 and wait to see when online gets some fixes. Vega/Kaz I've been going with. Vega has a nice 600+ combo off a super. Welcome back Vega.

vocab

links are just connecting normals together. A basic link would be Ryu's crouching Medium Punch, Crouching Medium Punch, Crouch Medium Kick. You can't mash it. you have to wait till the animation finishes.

The trials where it says do an EX usually requires chaining into it. You can chain into ex's, but not normal special moves. Chains are just combos you dial in real quick. They all cancel into each other. But you have to follow the magic series of light medium heavy, or light and Heavy etc.

Basically the hardest thing about the combo system are the links. If you can do the jab jab jab links into chains you'll be good to go.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm finding it kinda stupid that the game seems like it'll be heavily reliant on links, yet they have the chains. So if you're too fast ooops it chains and now you can't cancel a normal. Just like the stupid light punch/kick from SF4 :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
its amazing just how much the lack of sound takes away from playing the game online. I think I'm going to be a training mode monster till this gets patched.
Same. I gotta take some time to understand how to Juliate properly. Makes it easier knowing that the online is a clusterfuck.

ElFly

The game definitely uses a GGPO style netcode. Which explains the more jerky looking lag. In the long run it's better cause the objective of that sort of netcode is that your inputs don't lag and combos should work. I'm wondering if the sound issue has to do with this.

Didn't really like ggpo in SF3 OE. Your enemy randomly teleporting around isn't funny even if you can still time your combos. Haven't really played since PSN has been wonky for me.

Hilariously, the fighting game with the best netcode I've played is still SSF4...3DS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
3 times in a row trying to join my friend's lobby

'Could not join lobby', and we live in the same state. The fuck is this bullshit, Japan? Why is this still a problem?

I'm in the same boat. Zangief's 12th or 13th trial is a string of 3 medium punches, and no matter how hard i mash i cant get them to work, tried slowing it down and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it either.

also, does anyone know how to cancel a normal? is that possible? for another trial i have a punch into an ex special, i cannot ever seem to get it to work, but i have no issue canceling specials.
number one, dont mash. if you press it too fast, the attack doesnt come out. too slow and it doesnt combo.

a link is another attack that you initiate after recovering from your previous attack, and hits before your opponent finishes recovering from the previous hitstun. a cancel consists of a very specific attack, ie specials, that can be activated before you finish recovering from your previous attack, thus "cancelling" the recovery frames.

LProtag

I'm trying to think of everything as rhythmic and hoping that my background in music would help... but it doesn't, haha.

So far I've finished all of Ryu, Ken, Hwoarang, and Steves trials. I'm on King's last one and its so weird arg. Then I want to finish Law's but theres so many buttons to remember haha

Xevren

You can't use the same command to cancel it? I've played little of her so far though tomorrow I'm gonna cook her though the labs.

No you can't, and in some stances if you try you will burn bar on ex moves if you try to do that. You can tap down a few times or jump. Just have to be careful.

LowParry

No you can't, and in some stances if you try you will burn bar on ex moves if you try to do that. You can tap down a few times or jump. Just have to be careful.

That's good to know. :D I think I'll pair my Ling up with Julia. Vega/Kaz is looking like one of my main teams.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone else have severe disc skipping issues with the opening FMV? I checked my disc and there is no visible scratches, but the FMV stilts and skips constantly. Loadtimes for battles are very long too. :/

Man, I'm aggressively terrible at this game, only wins I'm getting online are scrub outs. Feels bad man. Doesn't help that my guide hasn't fucking shipped for some reason.

Hayeya

Banned
The music is stage based, but there are a lot of tracks as the stages have 2 - 3 phases. The music changes to a successive mix for each phase.

It's a mix of original comp and remixes of classic tunes. For example, Mad Gear Hideout has 3 phases, and uses 3 high energy remixes of Final Fight tunes.

Some classic character themes peek through in a few spots, but there isn't a theme per character like MVC3 or Super SFIV.

Thnx for clearing this up,, this makes me a little sad, i just love character specific music,, an option to use them could have been great, anyways today i'll receive my copy, i'll judge the music myself, cant wait

LowParry

I've been doing Ling/Julia so far and I like it. Julia hits so damn hard.

We'll have to do some brainstorming then.

I remembered seeing that Vega combo with Clockwork and found how to get it work.

Jump in HP, s.HP (wait), c.MP, MK Scar Terror, c.MP, Super. 600+ damage. The key is when you activate your super, you need to hold up/forward to super forward instead of back. I need to find some more technology for the guy. You can do the same combo without a super meter. You can finish it with an EX Scar Terror or EX Barcelona. I'm sure there's some good tag in with Kaz I can use. Eventually I'll get that figured out.

Julia definitely has potential. Good backdash, deals good damage, ff+1 still good, and you could basically play hit and run with her.

Top Bottom