• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

HOW IS HUGO!????

600+ damage combo into super, easy 450-ish damage combo without meter anywhere on the screen. EX Backbreaker is an excellent anti-air and does 200 damage.

Hey guys if you don't see your online gamertag for PSN or XBL in the first posts, let me know so I can add them ^_^;

PSN: xenoetry

I don't have it yet, but I will be on it religiously once Amazon decides to give me the damn thing. I usually play on and off through the day, and on all hours of the night, so Ill be around.

Vice

600+ damage combo into super, easy 450-ish damage combo without meter anywhere on the screen. EX Backbreaker is an excellent anti-air and does 200 damage.

Hey guys if you don't see your online gamertag for PSN or XBL in the first posts, let me know so I can add them ^_^;

I'm located in central California.

I'm trying to make Poison/Julia work. Poison is a great battery and both look like they'll be good at footsies.

hypernima

Banned

Psn: omicronpro

I'm really liking lili rolento but i'm finding it hard to do extended rolento combos

LakeEarth

I'm worried Hugo is going to be a crutch. Who needs to learn funky combos when standing kick, clap, backbreaker work so well?

I can't wait till land his splash -> d.mp xx clap -> d.mp xx clap -> gigas with a power gem on. 651 without. Too bad you can't seem to land his cross rush (not enough range).

Teknoman

Thnx for clearing this up,, this makes me a little sad, i just love character specific music,, an option to use them could have been great, anyways today i'll receive my copy, i'll judge the music myself, cant wait

Great soundtrack for the most part. I dont like the pit stop stage (sounds just a little too chaotic) but other than that, its got the right amount of remixes and originals here and there.*

*Do a cross assault with Ryu and Ken.

Anyone else have severe disc skipping issues with the opening FMV? I checked my disc and there is no visible scratches, but the FMV stilts and skips constantly. Loadtimes for battles are very long too. :/

Install and see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: Totally forgot about switching stances with Hwoarang.

Tizoc

Psn: omicronpro

I'm really liking lili rolento but i'm finding it hard to do extended rolento combos

Rolento isn't about combos, he's got a good keep-away game and has great pokes. Think of him as a QCF Dictator.

Vice

I'm worried Hugo is going to be a crutch. Who needs to learn funky combos when standing kick, clap, backbreaker work so well?

I can't wait till land his splash -> d.mp xx clap -> d.mp xx clap -> gigas with a power gem on. 651 without. Too bad you can't seem to land his cross rush (not enough range).

I'm sure he'll have some interesting combos but grapplers are always pretty good without big combos, at least early on.

hypernima

Banned
Rolento isn't about combos, he's got a good keep-away game and has great pokes. Think of him as a QCF Dictator.

Hmm I figured he'd be limited in that sense. I kind of just treat him similar to how I play Mature in KOF13.

I still don't really know what good things can be done with his f.mk (pogo?)
Do you know if it has any other thing to it?

So far i'm liking Julia and Lili. Julia has a low forward with ridiculous range (eat your heart out ryu)and is yun/yang incarnate without the divekick lol. Lili has ridiculous damage output without meter(415) and a great divekick.

Having a few matches with my friend and out of 5 matches, only 1 had pretty bad lag, the rest I'd honestly say was better than my experience in SSF4.

pretty terrible at this game though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's crazy.....I'm spectating a match right now, and the sound is perfect. It's only when you're playing when the glitches come.

It's off and on. I spectated a bunch of matches today and sometimes the sound is wack and sometimes it isn't.

People said the game uses GGPO? Well I guess that makes sense to me now since it has the same type of lag as when playing 3d strike online. Worse than typical lag.

So how do you guys go about picking your teams and their order? I am messing around with using grapplers as a secondary for their damage output and health. Not sure if I will stick with that though.

Also beating storymode with all the teams. I love these endings.

Man, the sound glitch just makes this game seem weird. I honestly have a hard time focusing with the the sound cutting in and out like this. Didn't think it'd bother me this much haha.

It could make sense if this thing is using a GGPO like system, which by the way, I don't think is the best system. I hate the teleporting around more than input lag.

I just played some 3SOE. And guess what, still has sound glitches from day 1 stuff.

Not as bad as what is going on with SfxTekken right now though. No sound makes so much of a difference. It's like I am playing a weird alien game or something, heh. I need those audio cues.

dot

Scramble mode is really really fun. I'm impressed the game can actually handle 4 people on screen at once with no slowdown at all.

Nose Master

Finally got Poisons trials done. 19 and 20 are such a cakewalk after 18.

Colors are DLC, right? (I promise I won't complain about DLC, I'm just curious.)

OK, so I beat the game with Ryu and Yoshimitsu and got a crappy ending regarding to pandora's box. Then I beat it with Sagat and Ken, and got the same ending? What am I doing wrong here? Is it cause I die once?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
OK, so I beat the game with Ryu and Yoshimitsu and got a crappy ending regarding to pandora's box. Then I beat it with Sagat and Ken, and got the same ending? What am I doing wrong here? Is it cause I die once?

You have to use the official tag teams. i.e. Ryu/Ken, Sagat/Dhalsim, Yoshi/Raven

MKAllDay

XBL: FoxhoundMGS02

Thanks!

I just won 5 in a row thinking that I had to do it for a trophy. I feel a great sense of relief that I didn't. Man, there are a ton of ryus&kens.

Bison is really fun in this game.

Online makes me stressed out. I am gonna play some Journey or arcade mode.

G-Fex

ugh, I'm trying it out for the first time.

Going to use my Saturn controller for this.

I don't know what i'm doing lol, going to try and broadcast and play some online matches.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
For those on pad :

Can you consistently do supers without a 3P/K button? Or are you getting EX half of the time?

Rockin Hwoarang and Asuka at the moment. Enjoying how they incorporated Tekken characters into the whole thing, but...
Yawn @ people playing it safe and using Ryu + Ken in Ranked. Did you pay $60 to play the same characters that you did in SSF4? Sounds boring to me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why wouldn't you use a 3P/K button?

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

You're right but I have an odd config on my pad which makes pressing LP+LK even harder than pressing three other buttons simultaneously, which is why I had to roll with a throw button in SF4 and sacrifice either 3p or 3k due to lack of buttons.

With that said, throws seemingly have much much less impact in sfxt than sf4 so maybe I can go with both 3p and 3k but if there is something of inputleniency on the 3p/k supers in this game then I might not have to.

Top Bottom