• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

dk_

So I gave in and ordered the DATEL Arcade Stick for 30€. I hope it's not total garbage. :-/

ovTYg.jpg

Novid

Banned
The cats are not bad. use them to troll for wins.

Why they never brought Kuro's App over to the states i will never know.

I went to gamestop.com and had a store hold me a copy. I just got the confirmation email so I'm going to cancel my amazon order. One of the few times amazon has let me down.

Yeah gonna end up doing the same thing. Gonna cost me more though since it was 12.99 on Amazon.

TimeKillr

My lol go to combo with Asscar right now is MP LP MP LK x Lift Kicks J.HK EX Air Grab c.hk, problem is actually getting it started outside of a jumping fierce on wakeup if they don't tech roll or you guess the roll :(

Tekken characters don't feel like characters you just pick up and do "decent" with in this game, at least @ my level of play. I suck @ Tekken.. but with t6 I did 100ish matches with Asuka and won like 80%... she's nowhere near as scrub friendly in this game as she was in T6. If this was a 1v1 fighter I doubt I could pull out a 20% win rate with Asuka even against mostly horrible opposition.

Asscar would be godlike in this game if tech rolls didn't exist, imagine getting a knockdown and going into 50/50's for 400ish damage....

Anyway what gems are people using... I've put 2 setups on the characters I'm playing... Cammy, Ken, Asuka.. setup 1 being 3 gems that active when the partner connects a launcher... my other setup is mostly defense based with 3 gems all activating when hit by 2 special moves.. 1 being instant 60 life back, the other being +80 over 5 secs and I think the last was a fort gem?

And man, fuck Capcom for the lack of colors, I've seen the pic with all those colors listed... was like 16 and I think you can scroll down. They should've included 10 from the start like SFIV and than added additional colors..

Hyped for this game coming out officially in Australia tomorrow, so i can finally play a lot online....

Seriously, if you want more damage off that combo, do this instead:

MP -> LK -> Upkicks -> J.HK -> C.MK -> HCB+K -> C.HK

You can easily add her crossup HP to the mix to start it off. It'll do WAAAY more damage than the combo with the EX air grab, doesn't cost meter, and is easier to do than chaining the MP -> LP -> MP in the beginning.

The mantra to follow is less hits = more damage. Scaling is aggressive!

TimeKillr

I just woke up to an email from amazon saying my SFxT guide has been delayed. The shipping estimate is April 18, 2012 - May 16, 2012. What the hell is going with this guide?! I need all the help I can get in this game.

The funniest thing is it's in stores right now.

Amazon is notoriously shitty with these guides :(

Been a while since ive put any concentration into a fighter. I am so frikkin hyped for this. Always been a nub, keen to get some skill in this one.

Now..to use pad or make use of my qanba stick.

Shadow780

Played about 30 matches in Australia and apart from the sound glitch i'll say 26 of them were definitely playable. Tomorrow I should be playing against people I usually play SFIV against on XBL, so that will be a good measuring stick.

Still where's the dev blog? DLC Dev blog?!

outside of sound, as good as blazeblue cs2

when they fix the sound - better than it...

when they allow me to chose the best connection - god tier.

Good to know, now only if I have the moniz :(

SUPARSTARX

So dumb. I put in a preorder for the SfxT bradyguide like first day it went for preorder. It said it was going to be estimated thursday delivery. Now it's delayed until April or May ship!

With any luck, I'll have my copy later today. If anyone is up for games, feel free to send me a PSN message

PSN ID: Str0ngerStyle

So I gave in and ordered the DATEL Arcade Stick for 30€. I hope it's not total garbage. :-/

ovTYg.jpg

I have this same stick. I'll be honest, it is not total garbage and you can play decently with it. The drawback is that at some point it will need to be modded with at minimum a better stick. The buttons are ok so they are not as vital to performance, but switching out the stock stick at some point will go a long way. Here is a link to a guide on SRK on how to mod it

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/paewang-revolution-mayflash-modding-tutorial-ver-laugh-lots-of-pictures.92494/

So dumb. I put in a preorder for the SfxT bradyguide like first day it went for preorder. It said it was going to be estimated thursday delivery. Now it's delayed until April or May ship!

Yea I got an email too saying they're still trying to obtain the item, which can take lord knows how long

Novid

Banned
Now there saying its MS fault for no co-op play?

If so that makes it even worse for Capcom when the whole system to make the game is on a Microsoft OS?!

Sblargh

Banned
On the bright side, this might increase the number of people on the PSN.
On the bright side for me, of course. Must suck for you.
But yay for me!

Novid

Banned
Looks like im gonna have to get one of them pads. and a new ps3 controler (mine nearly 4 years old) futanari-sama commands me...

Got to play the final version finally. Game is great. Vega is too good. Kazuya is a Bawse. Jin is waaaayyyy too good. Why the hell did they give Jin fireballs?

Novid

Banned
On the bright side, this might increase the number of people on the PSN.
On the bright side for me, of course. Must suck for you.
But yay for me!

they were fair to us when our network was down (for the most part) and we only got to fair as best as we can this time around. this is a...major oversight. I can deal with the DLC on disc - they can fix the sound issue. they can patch in where i can choose better connections like they did in SSF4... this one is a major oversight.

Novid

Banned
Got to play the final version finally. Game is great. Vega is too good. Kazuya is a Bawse. Jin is waaaayyyy too good. Why the hell did they give Jin fireballs?

That aint no fireball, thats a barrier. - firebarrier you can call it. Jin can get in if only mid step was safe and once if he was there game over. If i can pull of five hit combo on my first try god knows when I and Fairy_Xiaoyu get going. I cant use JinXXiaoyu without her.

And when guy comes around hes gonna be good off the gate because im not afraid to take risks with him i want to go in because i know where i pull the trigger and zone.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The funniest thing is it's in stores right now.

Amazon is notoriously shitty with these guides :(

I've heard the claim that it's not Amazon's fault. These guides are thick, expensive, but low print runs due to being a niche audience. The publishers favor brick and mortar stores due to traditional distribution channels, so stores get copies first. Supposedly the pubs end up never supplying Amazon on the date they're supposed to. So Amazon ends up receiving their orders up to two weeks late.

Don't know if it's true, but it sounds rather plausible.

Novid

Banned
I've heard the claim that it's not Amazon's fault. These guides are thick, expensive, but low print runs due to being a niche audience. The publishers favor brick and mortar stores due to traditional distribution channels, so stores get copies first. Supposedly the pubs end up never supplying Amazon on the date they're supposed to. So Amazon ends up receiving their orders up to two weeks late.

Don't know if it's true, but it sounds rather plausible.

that tends to happen a lot. best expliation i heard so far on the issue.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That does suck that the 360 version is gimped but I'm still getting it for 360. My fight stick is only for 360 and I have people I play with on the 360. Not really a decision at all but it does suck.

I have no intention to play local co-op online so for me 360 version is perfect, my friends suck at fighters and don't really like to play them, I have to force them to play and when they do they mash buttons like its a QTE lol

brian

My local fighting game group got tired of coop matches in Mortal Kombat real quick. It's not that great of an idea.

That's like.. your opinion, man. I still enjoy the MK co-op with friends, personally. I think the SFxT implementation is better than MK, also, because the game is built around the tag team concept. There's a lot more strategy involved with making sure you tag before you get too low on life, as well as making sure to tag in safely so your partner doesn't eat a ton of damage.

B00TE

Playing in a team with my brother, on the ps3 version. Finding some awesome stuff we can do in the corner with Jin/Abel, especially off of Median Line. He doesn't wanna play online yet, but this works for now. I dunno if I'll play online yet either until I can get a fight pad, the PS3 controller is harder for me to play on than the 360 one is surprisingly.

Just made a PSN account: EternalTrainee.

Will be jumping between both consoles.

That's like.. your opinion, man. I still enjoy the MK co-op with friends, personally. I think the SFxT implementation is better than MK, also, because the game is built around the tag team concept. There's a lot more strategy involved with making sure you tag before you get too low on life, as well as making sure to tag in safely so your partner doesn't eat a ton of damage.

Yeah, everyone just wanted to get back to normal matches almost as soon as the first coop match was done. I don't see the appeal.

Hey guys if you don't see your online gamertag for PSN or XBL in the first posts, let me know so I can add them ^_^;
psn: ihearthawthats

surprised at how many people are playing julia here. haven't touched too much online yet as i still haven't decided on a team. soo many characters i wanna play, but i also wanna stay loyal to hugo/poison. tekken characters seem so damn fun in this game.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Got it yesterday. Messed around in training for a bit. I like yoshi and law, steve wasn't what i thought he'd be.

I won't be getting this for another couple of weeks. Hope it's been patched by then and that everyone hasn't already settled into all the usual bullshit that makes the bar to entry to these kind of titles high for those coming LTTP.

SUPARSTARX

Yeah hopefully soon. Until then I guess I'll play muted and listen to other stuff, though I prefer hearing sfx and using audio cues.

Nyoro SF

Law feels bad in this game. No normal anti-air (crouch fierce is way too slow). Longest-ranged cancelable poke is not a low. Overhead is badass but linking or comboing out of an overhead is apparently nothing special in this game. Moves are slow and has no safe chain ender on Fierce attacks.

Somersault is a shitty anti-air. EX Somer is nice for escaping the corner if you don't get hit first. The stancepunch is a neat gimmick but if the opponent just waits you're boned. Frame disadvantage everywhere.

If there's one thing he's good at it's getting past fireballs.

Top Bottom