• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Sayah

Nina + Hwoarang team is working rather well for me. I had to map medium punch to the X button and light kick to the triangle button. That's the only way for me to actually pull off supers. Combos are still so hard to pull off online with all that sound glitching.

Venfayth

We have a PSN room setup?

Combo timing seems very awkward to me for some reason too. Just feels like characters are weighted down or something.

Yeah combos in this game are generally slower, I've noticed.

Juri has some 50/50 setups with her super now. If you anti-air cr.strong and cancel it into super, it usually goes behind but characterspecific/timing can hit in the front as well. Neat gimmick :p

Ferrio

Banned
Also all my online matches pretty much have been jumping battles... i hope this isn't what the game devolves down to due to anti-airs being hit with the nerf bat.

Raw tagging is safe after the character leaves, but I believe it has some vulnerability on startup. I actually happy birthday KO'd someone yesterday after they tried to switch cancel something. I forget who it was, but it was a gaffer.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah. I was planning on using Xiao but she's so confusing :(
I liked her, but her stance mechanics melted my brain in this game.
I wonder what the exact conditions for that are, because I've been able to dodge normals up close and fireballs at any range by raw tagging out. Although the other character is in for it when I do so.
I've never been able to go ham on both, but the character coming in is always in danger when there's a fireball in the air. I wouldn't even attempt a raw tag against the more mobile characters.
Yeah combos in this game are generally slower, I've noticed.

Juri has some 50/50 setups with her super now. If you anti-air cr.strong and cancel it into super, it usually goes behind but characterspecific/timing can hit in the front as well. Neat gimmick :p

Her cross art is just weird...

LProtag

I really hope the address the fact that I can barely connect to anyone on PSN in ranked matches, takes about five minutes or so. Seems like a few other people are having a problem with this too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh wow, if you use Juri's super to go through a slow fireball like Yoga Fire, watch out after the attack finishes because the fireball may still be onscreen and in front of you when it ends.

So I guess i'm going to big 2 today. Ugh right now it's Nina/???. I've been playing Sagat a lot but people still don't respect him. Jumping in even though I anti-air until they get that one jump in then I get sad :(.

Ferrio

Banned
"Anti-airs were weak in Darkstalkers too."

To be fair, Darkstalkers has air blocking and a lot more mobility.

Maybe i'll just find a character with a godly jumping AA and abuse the free juggles it allows. Trying poison last night her freaking j.HP passes through people, biggest bullshit ever.

MoxManiac

i'm thinkin hugo will be a great anchor/2nd pick whatever you wanna call it

pair him up with a top tier character that can combo into switch easily and bam

i'd pair him with heihachi but he has trouble moving around, I'm thinking the old man will be a stellar anchor as well

Been using Rufus (SF4 main) and Hugo (SF3 main) at 2nd and it's working well for me, to my satisfaction.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've started using Asuka since that's who I "mained" in Tekken, if you can even call it that. I really like how she's shaping up. Anyone have any tips? I'm finding it difficult to create my own combos because I'm not exactly clear on the juggle properties and hitstun deterioration... especially on chain->tag combos.

The other character I wanted to learn, Poison, has been pretty underwhelmingly straightforward. She seems like a zoning character with a limited moveset, a few half decent pokes, and a safe Jaguar Kick. Her other specials seem only mediocre. Am I missing something to her?

Venfayth

Oh wow, if you use Juri's super to go through a slow fireball like Yoga Fire, watch out after the attack finishes because the fireball may still be onscreen and in front of you when it ends.

That reminds me of a time in AE when a friend used Yoga Catastrophe on my ibuki, but I did wakeup EX neckbreaker and went straight through it and hit him, but when I landed (since it sends you so far away) I was standing right in the fireball and got killed :(

nHDR

Banned
Anti-airs work well if you time them deep and late. Otherwise, use the usual cr. fp or whatever other normals you have. Also, blocking is a good option here. Throws aren't as powerful so there's nothing too bad about eating a tick.

To the poster asking if Akuma is similar to IV Akuma: No. He has all the same moves but not as much of a vortex. I'm still trying to figure what his specialty is.

hertog

Guile/Cammy team works the best at the moment.

Cammy's DP is very good, and Guile seems like the only character with a good anti-air.
So it's a good mix between the rushdown of Cammy and the zoning of Guile.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, yeah, after some more testing, raw tagging has at least a couple frames of startup but afterward the leaving character is invulnerable.

Maybe i'll just find a character with a godly jumping AA and abuse the free juggles it allows. Trying poison last night her freaking j.HP passes through people, biggest bullshit ever.
Landing Juri's j HP air to air lets you do whatever the fuck you want after. :D

Been testing out nothing but tekken characters since I got it last night.

Xiaoyu - I thought I would like her, but not really feeling her at all, would have to put more time into her

Steve - pretty awesome, was pretty damn surprised that the kicks were actually the weaves. Didn't think they would really do that, thought it would be more like a motion you have to do.

Nina - I'm actually really liking Nina a lot, even though her command grab move is weird, I think I got it perfect now.

King - not much to say really besides liking him and I don't typical play grapplers in 2D games, said I'd try to main one in this though.

Only characters I've really tried lol so my team for now is Nina and King. Nina seems to get me a good amount of bar.

Some Chun-Li notes:

- WHY HCF FOR LEGS? WHYYYYYYYYY
- Feels weird how jab fierce isn't a link anymore
- WHY CAN'T I MASH JAB
- hk SBK is a totally viable combo option now
- j HK close HP hk SBK works, but so does j HK crouching HP hk SBK
- close HK lk hazanshu is a true combo

General note: Seems like characters are safe on tag-out, while the character coming in is unsafe. I had the impression that both characters were unsafe.

LP LP f+LK+HP no longer works becasuse LK+HP is now a macro. Gah. I wish I could turn those and auto-launcher off.
its a bit understandable. if people piano'd from weak to heavy, they might get a chain combo instead of legs.

and both characters are only unsafe when you tag cancel moves, because instead of tagging as soon as the command is pressed, they tag out after the animation of the move their doing finishes.

Ferrio

Banned
Ok, yeah, after some more testing, raw tagging has at least a couple frames of startup but afterward the leaving character is invulnerable.

Seems the same with all characters, so just find someone with a jumping attack with a godly hitbox and weeeeeeeeee.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

has to be very few frames because every time I've seen people do unsafe tags the character just does a 180 and runs away from every projectile, limb, and grab I've seen in any footage, not being phased by anything that goes through the playermodel.

zlatko

Banned
Abel players assemble, because I have a question:

I was doing the usual set up of a Jump HP, crouch HP, LK roll, into falling sky, but was fucking it up non stop. Now I think I have it down, but is the reason because you have to change teh SRK motion in this game to a backwards SRK motion since Abel now even with LK roll will roll behind the character? Or is something else going on?

Degen

Tons of grapplers AND Dhalsim. This is both the 2D fighter I need and 2D fighter I deserve. It's Street Fighter done right.

now fix the sound.

Ugh, tell me about it. I played many Ryu/Ken teams, with full fledged SF4 combos. Like ... why?

Don't hate, some people just want to play Shoto's only. It's not our fault that Capcom made a tag team game and forced us to pick 2 of them now to further illustrate that we don't know how to play other characters :(

CSX

Been testing out nothing but tekken characters since I got it last night.

Steve - pretty awesome, was pretty damn surprised that the kicks were actually the weaves. Didn't think they would really do that, thought it would be more like a motion you have to do.

Sweet, cant wait to try him out. Hes gotta be alot easier to use than in Tekken :p

Tekken did the same thing where kicks = weaves

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How come you have issues with HCF? It is the same motion as a QCF, just slightly more exaggerated :D
Oh, I can get used to it, especially because you can start the motion at downback, but it just makes combos that have always been easy for her really awkward. Although I guess it kinda balances out in other situations.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
It's because a lot of loyal Tekken fans (me) probably bought this game and have no clue how to work the SF -style system. :/

Haha I'm not complaining about it, I know that everybody is scrub at some point. It's just shocking going from a game where everybody playing online is at least competent to people who just jump back jab for an entire round and seemingly can't do QCFs.

zlatko

Banned
I'd rather them disable than having them to set up gems ever match...

Or maybe make the standard that you have to use the preset gem layouts that come with each character? Either option 1 or option 2. Still get the bonus of gems and a quick way to use them.

Really though setting up my Kazuya ones would take 5 seconds, because I'm just memorizing the numbers. I think I did #1, #3, and #14.

Sweet, cant wait to try him out. Hes gotta be alot easier to use than in Tekken :p

Tekken did the same thing where kicks = weaves

Yeah, I know. I love Steve fox in Tekken lol. I just didn't think kicks=weaves would work well in a 2D game, but seems pretty fine.

Top Bottom