• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

LakeEarth

Pick Kazuya with power gems. Same result.

Straight up TriForce moments of look at da damage, look at da damage.

Yeah, I should've put an asterisk.

PICK HUGO*

* or actually learn have to do damage with your character**

** or s.lk xx clap -> BACKBREAKER!

brian

Only thing I don't like about Juri is her kick to charge fireballs seems slow. I used to like to zone a lot with Juri in SSF4, but I found that in this game by the time I charge up a fireball the opponent is right on top of me.

Any chance you could upload what you find, or hook me up somehow so I can see it too?

I'm probably going to create another YouTube channel for dat SFxT. YogaFlame24 has been uploading some matches, but not too many since everyone is still learning the game.

Venfayth

Juri is ridiculously strong in SFxT. Corner combo with a fireball stored and meter comes out to 600 damage, ~520 damage without meter, and ~450 damage without a fireball. Easy 400 midscreen combos as well. She can hit ~350 off an ANTI-AIR cr.fierce thanks to the jump cancelling.

Her wakeup game is even stronger than in sf4 because armor breaking moves no longer exist, so the only way to beat her kasatushi (her counter teleport thing) is with a super, or throwing/not attacking, etc.

The one thing about her that isn't as good is her j.mp, but getting a ground bounce off of j.hp and not having it do a hard knockdown on standing players makes up for it.

zlatko

Banned
I'm probably going to create another YouTube channel for dat SFxT. YogaFlame24 has been uploading some matches, but not too many since everyone is still learning the game.

Looking forward to it. Steve Fox thread on SRK is just a compilation of 16 different ways to confirm into his super art lol, and the few BnB's I saw in video format were just meh for damage and setting them up.

Curious to see what you saw. I'll have to hit up replay channel for ab it tonight and see if I can find the guy on leaderboards or something.

Interested in a charge character for the first time ever in Balrog. What are the ins and outs I need to know as far as charging, pre charging(?) and all that jargon.

Juri is ridiculously strong in SFxT. Corner combo with a fireball stored and meter comes out to 600 damage, ~520 damage without meter, and ~450 damage without a fireball. Easy 400 midscreen combos as well. She can hit ~350 off an ANTI-AIR cr.fierce thanks to the jump cancelling.

Her wakeup game is even stronger than in sf4 because armor breaking moves no longer exist, so the only way to beat her kasatushi (her counter teleport thing) is with a super, or throwing/not attacking, etc.

The one thing about her that isn't as good is her j.mp, but getting a ground bounce off of j.hp and not having it do a hard knockdown on standing players makes up for it.

EX pinwheel actually hits both sides now! It's great.

zlatko

Banned
He has really nice combos but I'm not sure what the right approach to playing him is.

I feel he makes a better tag into character, then the starting one. He has better damage potential and combos to get people to the corner with meter.

As far as footsies go he's similar to Balrog and Dudley which makes sense. He can get in quickly and stay in, but my issue has been coming with his stances and what to be fishing for to confirm into damage. I'm also finding the swag swag whoop (sway sway, turn around) hard to make use of right now due to people just going balls to the walls in the early weeks with lots of jump ins and wake up buttons.

Ixian

Amazon just delayed my guide's shipping date until 4/06. D: Not sure if I'll even order it now...
Give it a week or so. They did the same thing with my UMVC3 guides and ended up shipping ahead of time (like, right after I ordered from Gamestop but before I could cancel my Amazon order ~_~).

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was able to find a guide at Best Buy on the shelf. I paid full price, but meehhhhh at least I have it now. I'm horrible at these games so hopefully it'll help me learn.

Jenga

Banned
Gettin paycheck tomorrow and I can buy a copy of SFxT for myself...but those 360 issues sound heartbreaking....

fuckin hell, you better fix it capcom

sfxt is too fucking fun to miss out on because of dumb bullshit

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
due to the freedom of this game engine I think I may end up picking up a guide. I really am in over my head.

He has really nice combos but I'm not sure what the right approach to playing him is.

I wish I would have saved the replay and remembered the players gamertag. He used Steve as his first and approached his opponent using great spacing. Once he got in, it was over. He even used to weave move effectively.

zlatko

Banned
due to the freedom of this game engine I think I may end up picking up a guide. I really am in over my head.

I just cancelled my Amazon one to go pick it up after work today from Gamestop.

I'd at least like to know some early frame data so I can play some better footsies with Kazuya or Steve, plus knowing a few combos from the pro players who got it urley to help make the guide will be nice.

This game is kinda reminding me of Vanilla SF4 when all the characters did crazy damage at the beginning. I like it that way

And Capcom please put back in Championship mode..

Glix

Picked this up last night. Very cool how they really gave it a different feel from SF4 and MVC3.

Ryu and 'Gief. For now at least.

Jenga

Banned
i'm thinkin hugo will be a great anchor/2nd pick whatever you wanna call it

pair him up with a top tier character that can combo into switch easily and bam

i'd pair him with heihachi but he has trouble moving around, I'm thinking the old man will be a stellar anchor as well

I feel he makes a better tag into character, then the starting one. He has better damage potential and combos to get people to the corner with meter.

As far as footsies go he's similar to Balrog and Dudley which makes sense. He can get in quickly and stay in, but my issue has been coming with his stances and what to be fishing for to confirm into damage. I'm also finding the swag swag whoop (sway sway, turn around) hard to make use of right now due to people just going balls to the walls in the early weeks with lots of jump ins and wake up buttons.

Heh, people going crazy is just what Steve seems to want.

Wake up attack? Sway and counter.

Jump in? Use his actual counter.

Low attacks? Well, fuck.

zlatko

Banned
Heh, people going crazy is just what Steve seems to want.

Wake up attack? Sway and counter.

Jump in? Use his actual counter.

Low attacks? Well, fuck.

Low attacks isn't too shabby if it's footsies just because he can do a stand jab, then go to crouch sweep for a good long poke. He can definitely hold his own in footsies, it's just like he feels like Gen to me in some ways. So much tools that it seems daunting to start knowing how to utilize it all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Using ducking and that one command normal is good for closing distance but so far I've found PAB semi useless and Flicker pretty decent. I guess I just gotta grind more and get used to him. Outside of fishing for a random launcher I'm just kinda staying at sweep and using normals since i have no clue what safe and i can't seem to AA without trading.

Rynge

Neo Member
Lol the amount of people that just hold up back.

Terrible

or up-forward. when did holding up-forward become a popular thing to do during blockstrings? is it some sort of anti-rufus strat? so many ppl online have been doing this.

zlatko

Banned
it automatically hovers over your last selection. It doesn't take long at all. Rematch in endless could ruin lobbies with more than two people too.

I didn't check, but is there just private match option where it's auto set to you and one other person, and you can rematch there like you can in UMvC3, or is this game just endless lobbies ?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wish I would have saved the replay and remembered the players gamertag. He used Steve as his first and approached his opponent using great spacing. Once he got in, it was over. He even used to weave move effectively.

If you find something on youtube post it. I really like the character so it would be nice to get a clue as to what the plan is playing him.

I just cancelled my Amazon one to go pick it up after work today from Gamestop.

I'd at least like to know some early frame data so I can play some better footsies with Kazuya or Steve, plus knowing a few combos from the pro players who got it urley to help make the guide will be nice.
My shipment is supposed to come in on March 9th. The Eb Games near me never gets any strategy guides in

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

That's the biggest change for me and its made so many things that I'd never even attempt in SSF4 become routine. Controlling the screen has always been easy, but a lot of her weaknesses have actually turned into strengths with the new mechanics. The j.MP isn't quite what it used to be, but cr.F feels like one of the best anti-airs in the game.

Just gotta find someone to pair her with since Julia isn't Juliating for me yet.

Lhexh

Love this damn game. I couldn't get enough last night. I stood up late playing that I am so tired at work today. The partner thing online is awesome. Owning Tekken players feels good man.

Also are they going to add sound effects to online? I know this has been asked before probably but, I dont have time to go through thread at work.

Nyoro SF

or up-forward. when did holding up-forward become a popular thing to do during blockstrings? is it some sort of anti-rufus strat? so many ppl online have been doing this.

This is what happens when you make walk speeds too slow and jumps too good.

zlatko

Banned
This is what happens when you make walk speeds too slow and jumps too good.

Which was done intentionally to make speed gems have more worth, but they still end up sucking because of the reasons I stated earlier on fucking up setting up safe jump shenanigans on people for their wake ups. If speed gem is up you fuck up your timing. But having better footsies is definitely a good thing to have.

Edit: @Akuma is a beast in this game. One of the things that will make him fantastic is of course his teleport, as he can teleport backwards on wake up. Most people will be looking for wake up forward rolls, but Akuma has a great set of options on his wake up.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No gallery mode again???!!

Also these loadtimes are unusually long. I haven't installed to my 360 yet, but goddamn I wonder if it really is a badly pressed disc.

Ferrio

Banned
We have a PSN room setup?

Combo timing seems very awkward to me for some reason too. Just feels like characters are weighted down or something.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Some other things I've noted:

- Dankairaku hitbox is better but still fussy.
- EX dive kick has different trajectories just like v2012 FSE, although the difference isn't as large.
- EX dive kick will never put the opponent out of the corner, and actually make followups not work as well with the reduced travel when done against the wall.
- Super after is no longer a timing window. Just do it as soon as possible, but I'm sure there are other options now anyway.
- Although it looks like she's crouching towards the ground while charging pinwheel, her hitbox doesn't seem to be lowered that much. Gets hit by Sagat's high fireball.
- She also can't dash under fireballs anymore, from what I can tell.
- None of her fireballs will collide with Yoga Fire.
- High fireball won't collide with hadouken despite lowered path, but will reliably hit people up close.
- close HP still has that lateass cancel window, but mk pinwheel now works after.

Some Chun-Li notes:

- WHY HCF FOR LEGS? WHYYYYYYYYY
- Feels weird how jab fierce isn't a link anymore
- WHY CAN'T I MASH JAB
- hk SBK is a totally viable combo option now
- j HK close HP hk SBK works, but so does j HK crouching HP hk SBK
- close HK lk hazanshu is a true combo

General note: Seems like characters are safe on tag-out, while the character coming in is unsafe. I had the impression that both characters were unsafe.

After getting destroyed by my friends akuma: He is - for the most part - the same.
LP LP f+LK+HP no longer works becasuse LK+HP is now a macro. Gah. I wish I could turn those and auto-launcher off.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've happy birthday'ed someone, so not true.
I wonder what the exact conditions for that are, because I've been able to dodge normals up close and fireballs at any range by raw tagging out. Although the other character is in for it when I do so.

jbug617

Banned
Amazon just delayed my guide's shipping date until 4/06. D: Not sure if I'll even order it now...

Same here. I just picked up a copy of the guide at Best Buy. It cost more ($20) but I really wanted the guide. Now just waiting for the game because the shipping tracking hasn't update in a couple of days.

Top Bottom