• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Venfayth

Anyone here have tips for using Xiao? Her normals are so garbage, I almost don't even attempt to play footsies with her, it's too dangerous. Really have no idea how to initiate her offense, although I do have a pretty slick 400+ damage midscreen combo that uses no meter.

cackhyena

You know what's the most annoying thing about this game right now? That it garners similar titled threads that are competing for top spot on the first page. STOP fucking with me and making me click the wrong/complainy thread! Fucking fuck.

Nyoro SF

You know what's the most annoying thing about this game right now? That it garners similar titled threads that are competing for top spot on the first page. STOP fucking with me and making me click the wrong/complainy thread! Fucking fuck.

Subscribe to threads, man.

zlatko

Banned
I've seen someone on the replay channel beasting with him. I'm going to check him out because what I saw was amazing.

Any chance you could upload what you find, or hook me up somehow so I can see it too?

I tried out Rolento and Steve yesterday at first. Rolento fits me like a glove. Always has. Super god like, super easy to play, great footsies, etc. Steve I was able to beat all his trials, so I figured I'd made the right choice with him on my team, but it was so hard in fights to get him to gel and not get mauled when I brought him in. When trying to mount an offense with him I was also finding it hard to get it going.

So I started to mess around with other characters I was interested in. Tried King, but had same issue on how to get my offense going. Tried Marduk, and didn't like how fuck slow he is. Then I tried Kazuya. Fuck yeah.

Kazuya with some power gems is a monster in this game. I set up him so if I get him two bars of meter, then tag him in he can do from 400-600 damage. Love his options, and he can actually do cross ups with his medium kick, where Steve is all up in your face to try to do mix ups on wake up.

Audio glitch in the game is horrdendous. Tried to install to HDD to see if it'd help, but no dice. It didn't even improve loading screen times honestly. (360 by the way)

As far as online latency goes I was doing fine from Colorado to Maine on East Coast. Just the audio glitch. I was able to do my links with Rolento with ease, so that's solid net code so far imo.

============

One question about speed gems for anyone: Are they the worst gems you can pick for Rolento? Or maybe the whole cast. If one is active during you putting pressure on their wake up, and you want to set up safe jump set ups, etc, then the timing becomes different and so you fuck yourself over right? I'm not seeing the point in them now unless you play someone who is 100% footsies and you never do safe jumps on their wake up.

Dave Long

Banned
Friend got this yesterday and we played a bunch late last night. I put together Cammy and Lili and holy hell, that's some super fast fists of fury. Hard to keep up with their speed IMO.

Game is damn good. I was impressed.

One question about speed gems for anyone: Are they the worst gems you can pick for Rolento? Or maybe the whole cast. If one is active during you putting pressure on their wake up, and you want to set up safe jump set ups, etc, then the timing becomes different and so you fuck yourself over right? I'm not seeing the point in them now unless you play someone who is 100% footsies and you never do safe jumps on their wake up.
at first i thought they would be awesome, similar to like x-factor combos and giving you super fast overheads, but then i found out it only improves movement speed and not attack speed. at least thats what it does to my understanding. movement speed doesn't seem to be worth using a gem for. perhaps slow moving grapplers can benefit from them for walk up throws, but for rolento? i don't know, constant walk up jab pressure? do they affect his wall jump and hop moves?

nHDR

Banned
Any GAF'ers wanna play? Quote this and I'll send you my XBL GT. East Coast. I don't want to post my GT in public. :)

Cheers!

LakeEarth

I am once again at work, waiting for quitting time so I can keep playing this game. Awesome!

On tonight's agenda - spend more than 2 seconds of thought into my gems (right now they tend to activate all at the same time within the first 10 seconds of the match), and try out some Tekken characters.

Got the game in and did some poking around with trials / training / arcade to start to get the feel of it. I really like it, but with the big cast I'm having some issues settling on a team to start rolling with. On anchor I think that I like Paul, his execution seems pretty easy and I can bring him in for some easy damage off of launchers. On point I want a good footsies / poke character but the ones who feel best (Vega, Chun) I've already played too much in SFIV and I want something new. What Tekken character best fits the mold of a poker with good walk speed and good priority / range normals?

FinKL

Got the guide yesterday night from Gamestop, stores didnt seem to have them in the morning though.

Btw, Dhalsim's trial 20 will never be done in the real world, 2 1 frame links that you cant plink and a special that you can't buffer as easy. I think it took 2 hrs to get it fml

zlatko

Banned
Ok.. Just checked my order of the SFxT guide from Amazon. It's been pushed back to april 17th-may15th LOL. No thanks.

Not happened to me yet. Mine still says estimate deliv date is 9-13th, but has not yet shipped.

May just cancel Friday and go pick it up at GameStop if it doesn't ship by then.

@ihearthawthats

It improves walk speed, and jump speed supposedly. That's why I'm finding them not as useful, because you want a consistent jump speed if you are to set up things on others wake up.

Going to probably just change my Rolento gems for pure meter gain, so when I tag in Kazuya for that damage, he has tons of meter to spend.

brian

Sooo does anyone know what Capcom posted on their Japanese blog about the Xbox version? I'm really interested to find out if they plan on doing something about the lack of same console co-op.

Note to self : Stop preordering Guides from Amazon.

This is like tghe 3rd guide that got delayed.

The fuck man.

Sad part is that I was gonna get it for a dollar(credit).

Shiit.

Oh well need a new fightpad anyway.

After reading a lot of the complaints in the thread about the online (besides sound glitch) I cant agree with bad netcode. At least on my end, it has been very smooth and consistent games, no lag at all, expect for one guy who was one bar to me that I miss clicked the accept button to.

Oh and why is Julia so damn good? :D she has speed and massive damage, decent health, im trying to find her negatives but I cant.

I got the game Urrrley, but my capture card finally came in =(...

So dunno if it's even worth now setting up streams or anything.

Anyway I uploaded a video here to test out my capture card.

I got the BlackMagicDesign Intensity Pro, its a PCIe card and so far I love it!

I just noticed how bad it was capturing in 1080i though, next time ill stick with 720p.

Anyone know any good sites to start streaming at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHSPltOKOOA

ONLINE SOUND GLITCH IS IN THIS VIDEO LOL ^

TGMIII

I got the game Urrrley, but my capture card finally came in =(...

So dunno if it's even worth now setting up streams or anything.

Anyway I uploaded a video here to test out my capture card.

I got the BlackMagicDesign Intensity Pro, its a PCIe card and so far I love it!

I just noticed how bad it was capturing in 1080i though, next time ill stick with 720p.

Anyone know any good sites to start streaming at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHSPltOKOOA

ONLINE SOUND GLITCH IS IN THIS VIDEO LOL ^

Twitch.tv and own3d.tv are the two best streaming sites. Most FG players use twitch. I use the BMIP myself and it only does 1080p @ 30fps but it does 720p @ 60fps as I'm sure you know. I'd stick with 720p for streaming anyway.

I'm 10 and 0 in ranked because Hugo is a God damn monster. My Abel with 2 years of experience only exists as any anti-Jin projectile character, Hugo's damage output is ludicrous in comparison.

With that said is there any way to stop the sound glitch on 360, maybe it has something to do with the install? I've yet to have a match with sound effects.

I have been using Heihachi + Bison because they are evil bosses but man they work well so far.

Bison works well as a full screen charger with high mobility while Heiachi gets in close with the damage and combos.

I am not playing this game to make the best team like people in MvC3 were doing. I play characters that I like and fit well together according to what I like

LakeEarth

I'm 10 and 0 in ranked because Hugo is a God damn monster. My Abel with 2 years of experience only exists as any anti-Jin projectile character, Hugo's damage output is ludicrous in comparison.
Seriously. People in this thread keep complaining about timeouts. I have the solution.

PICK HUGO

You'll rarely get timeouts, I assure you.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
How's online for all you Asuka users? Haven't tried it yet due to the sound problems and whatnot but I think I'll just mute the t.v. and deal with the lag.

I recommend people give a shot to all characters in Trial to get feel for new characters
(although I skip the retarded link combos cr.LK . . . . cr.LK . . . . cr.LK . . . . cr.LK

you might find a new character that fits well for you or new cool shit you can do with old characters

Horseress

I recommend people give a shot to all characters in Trial to get feel for new characters
(although I skip the retarded link combos cr.LK . . . . cr.LK . . . . cr.LK . . . . cr.LK

you might find a new character that fits well for you or new cool shit you can do with old characters

I agree, the trails of this game are basically the BnB's you need to play the characters, so it's a nice way to know all the characters

hertog

Got the game yesterday and played it with three of my friend. 2 against 2 is so goddamn awesome.

I really wanted to try some tekken characters, but I found them hard to close in on your opponent. Though I love King's damage output of his high knee times 4 c.mp Jaguar bomba! :)

But sometimes I just picked Guile and started to play the game like it was SSF4 with a launcher. Really have to get used to this game.

Anti-airs suck and grappels like Hugo and Zangief seem godlike at the moment.

Horseress

And definitely, Juri looks A LOT better in SfxT then in SSF4! She looks awesome, good combos, good damage... seems like she was made for this game!

zlatko

Banned
Seriously. People in this thread keep complaining about timeouts. I have the solution.

PICK HUGO

You'll rarely get timeouts, I assure you.

Pick Kazuya with power gems. Same result.

Straight up TriForce moments of look at da damage, look at da damage.

Top Bottom