• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I'm having my doubts the sound issue will be fixed timely, if ever fixed at all.

I dont see how the hell they could release it with such a annoying problem. I really do this gets patched quick. Besides that the online has been fine minus two matches with GGPO like rewind bullshit happening to me. Learning Lili is so much fun. If Kadey has a stream tonight on PSN I want to participate.

Ferrio

Banned
I dont see how the hell they could release it with such a annoying problem. I really do this gets patched quick. Besides that the online has been fine minus two matches with GGPO like rewind bullshit happening to me. Learning Lili is so much fun. If Kadey has a stream tonight on PSN I want to participate.

Well the sound issue is directly tied to their netcode. Something tells me they'd have to do a major overhaul to how they do the netcode in order to fix it. Also their silence on the issue at the the release of the game is a pretty bad.

Skilletor

Part of my enjoyment of cross is that it's feeling like the perfect rendition of a modern KoF game (for me).
- Team-based
- Projectile game exists, but aggression is favored
- Combos involve free-flowing air juggles and grabs (grapplers get a combo aspect)
- Tekken characters involve fireball evasion moves, air mobility, complex ground strings, counters, armored attacks, various KoF staples
- Big characters beautifully drawn (XIII's art went backwards)
- Better input system, shorter combos, less strict timing (and thus grinding)

LOL...I don't even...what?

beautifully drawn?

Art went backwards?

WHAT? lol...

B00TE

Just did a few matches online in pair play. I do so much better when I can just focus on Jin, and I ended up carrying a few rounds because I could just relax and laugh with my brother as we tried random stupid stuff. Went on a 5 game win streak before getting into a match that showed full bars, and when we got into the match our opponent was disappearing. There wasn't much of any slow down though, but that's the first I've seen of that.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried playing Scramble online yet? Does it auto pair people up or does it give you CPU teammates? Would check myself, but I won't be able to play for another hour or so.

kirblar

There's no way they're letting the sound bug sit out there while they sit on their hands for the entirety of the game's lifecycle.

Venfayth

A friend told me that doing a tech roll on wakeup has no frame disadvantage. You get the invincible roll and then normal wakeup. Is this true?

LProtag

At least I'm not the only one dealing with this.

zv7bO.gif

Ferrio

Banned
why?

That would suck bigtime for me

Like I said, several reasons:

1. The sound issue is a result of how they're handling their netcode. They were probably well aware of the issue before release, but it probably takes quite a big overhaul to the netcode to fix such an issue so they didn't bother or didn't have enough time for release.
2. They haven't said anything about fixing it yet. It's a huge bug found on day 1 of the game. If they planned to fix it soon they'd of said so already.

I'm betting the sound issue will go on for a few months atleast.

I just got the game a few hours ago but I'm playing as xiaoyu and lili. Just doing arcade mode to get used to the game. Anyways I noticed during my combos they'll do a launcher and swap characters automatically. I'm not pressing hk+hp or mp+mk, am I missing something?

Gems are a brand new meta game nobody's ever dealt with before. People aren't really paying attention to what gems are doing yet.

I'd think it's going to take time for everyone to get up to speed and start developing strategy around the gems. Before we can say they're pointless or not.
Maybe that'll happenin the online realm, but gems aren't used in tourneys so it's moot point

At least I'm not the only one dealing with this.

zv7bO.gif

On PSN, I've gotten into games faster than I ever have in any fighting game. And none of the times on Excellent Adventures were anything other than fantastic. They are looking for "same skill" which puts a restriction on the search times.

Grifter

Got my first hate mail about the king knee knee knee knee ultracombo :)

King? I'm abusing that shit hard! =)

I'm running a side-tourney for this at a Marvel event this week. For week one and the interest of keeping things flowing, are people using default gems?

Venfayth

I just got the game a few hours ago but I'm playing as xiaoyu and lili. Just doing arcade mode to get used to the game. Anyways I noticed during my combos they'll do a launcher and swap characters automatically. I'm not pressing hk+hp or mp+mk, am I missing something?

If you do hp twice or hk twice at the end of a combo it will do your hp+hk launcher automatically.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
No way. I need sound to do combos sometimes. Hearing and seeing help me do my links.
I can't do links with any kind of input lag. I thought that they were a weird inclusion in SFIV for that reason.

I don't think it will take long to fix the sound issue. Capcom just need to release a patch to unlock it from the disk
No, they have to save something for Super Street Fighter X Tekken.

USD

After hours of frustration, pain, and struggle, I finally landed Julia #20. I can now die in peace.

Gonna give my hands some rest while I read the guide.

Pompadour

Like I said, several reasons:

1. The sound issue is a result of how they're handling their netcode. They were probably well aware of the issue before release, but it probably takes quite a big overhaul to the netcode to fix such an issue so they didn't bother or didn't have enough time for release.
2. They haven't said anything about fixing it yet. It's a huge bug found on day 1 of the game. If they planned to fix it soon they'd of said so already.

I'm betting the sound issue will go on for a few months atleast.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't patches cost in the range of $25,000 according to Capcom? I don't think the sound fix will be soon both because it must be a difficult fix if such a pervasive problem "slipped past" QA and because console games don't get frequent patches like PC games. I'm hoping it's added to that patch next week that'll unlock Megaman and Pac-Man but that might be a longshot since there's no reason for the 360 version to get a patch and the problem is on both systems.

My worst fear is that it'll take as long as it took to fix 3rd Strike Online's matchmaking bug that made it take around 5 minutes to find an opponent: over a month.

Ferrio

Banned
Also it's possible that it may just not be patch-able period, but only the developers would know for sure. Capcom isn't known for making their games patch friendly.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Also it's possible that it may just not be patch-able period, but only the developers would know for sure. Capcom isn't known for making their games patch friendly.

Ain't no way the sound issue stays the way it is. If it ends up not being fixable, then I don't see how the guys on Ono's team are smart enough to even get out of bed in the morning, let alone program a video game.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What happened to our day 1 patch, it's day 2 now. Also where is the dev blog update we were told would be incoming?

The sound issue is similar to the sound issues that would occur when using ggpo on the desktop. However, they were never as prevalent as they are in Sf x tekken.

What happened to our day 1 patch, it's day 2 now. Also where is the dev blog update we were told would be incoming?

The sound issue is similar to the sound issues that would occur when using ggpo on the desktop. However, they were never as prevalent as they are in Sf x tekken.

Nothing yet. Maybe later today cause of Japan's time differences. Really hope they fix this sound issues(and 360 local co op) this game would be damn near perfect. Playing for a few hours last night(muted) the online is pretty damn good.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

There was a day 1 patch. Was prompted for it when I popped my disc in yesterday.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Wait, so can I get a recap of the xbox specific issues. You can't do two player co-op online with one console? Is this because of a bug, or Capcom purposely left this out of the xbox version? (xbox versions of all their games sold more, how does this make sense?)

Also, can you buy the special edition gems, and how much?

Top Bottom