• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Gems are stupid, but I don't hate them. I HATE X-factor though.

The idea of x-factor is this: in MvC2, if you were down to your last character, it's over. So a comeback mechanic was needed.... problem is that MvC3 isn't MvC2, and good anchors can do serious damage by themselves. I'm not saying xfactor is unnecessary, but it shouldn't let a 3 hit combo do 500k damage.

Gems are just sorta... there.

Gems are a brand new meta game nobody's ever dealt with before. People aren't really paying attention to what gems are doing yet.

I'd think it's going to take time for everyone to get up to speed and start developing strategy around the gems. Before we can say they're pointless or not.

B00TE

PSN or Live. It's up to you guys. I can get a stream up now.

I saw your game up last night on Live, but didn't wanna join while I'm still getting smacked around as badly as I am right now.

I'm now on an epic losing streak. It also just occurred to me that I've only won maybe four matches out of however many I've played now. I'm way to defensive but any time I go looking for blood, I get beat out. On the plus side, I'm really starting to get better with Lili. It's really hard to jump in on her, or even Jin (pending I mash out Mental Alertness and then the jump kick fast enough).

Lili's j.qcf lk/mk/hk brings me joy, at least when I use it to hop over fireballs. Faked someone out using the EX version in a back jump.

LakeEarth

Gems are a brand new meta game nobody's ever dealt with before. People aren't really paying attention to what gems are doing yet.

I'd think it's going to take time for everyone to get up to speed and start developing strategy around the gems. Before we can say they're pointless or not.

Yeah maybe I'm writing off gems too fast. We'll see.

Sort of dont want to cancel my guide off amazon, I remember with the umvc3 guide it said to expect it in a month or two and then a few days later it shipped.

Imm0rt4l

When can we expect a patch for the sound? Will that be coming on the 13th with the colors? Also was anything special on the dev blog yesterday?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

They don't add anything other than a RPG element. Take the gems away and you still have a great fighting game.

Even as much as I hate X-Factor, it never felt as tacked on as this.

This game is just fun.

Time flies.

That being said...I'm so ass.

Just bought the guide with a the new fightpad(The actual pad is kinda worse than the SFIV one..better buttons tho....might be time to level up to fightstick...I'm so lazy tho). So hopefully the guide helps me out.

I can't play online until the sound issue is fixed. Gives me a headache for some reason.

More time to practice, rite....lolno.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Release day here in Japan..thinking about just heading down and picking up a copy. Pretty sure the special edition gems come with all first edition regular versions as well. Still..this game seems...rough... maybe waiting is better.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My Juri has a movement bonus when you block 4 times. My Juri gets an attack boost after 2 special attacks. My Juri can turtle better than anyone once recovery kicks in.

Juri is Juri. And if you can play well then more times than not you'll beat whoever you're matched up with. It just feels so ....lame inspired. But w/e, more people will have input on the matter in time.

Tizoc

Just beat Rufus+Gief's arcade mode and it was hilarious.
Gief wanting to piledrive a kangaroo was too much XD.
Also, the ending changing Gief and Rufus' physique might have to do with how they keep talking about their 'perfect bodies', so I guess Pandora gives you the opposite of what you want?

LProtag

I guess I should focus on the trials. I completely break down trying to combo with special attacks.

Though I'm not sure if I should be doing that or just playing as many matches as possible to work on my reactions and blocking, etc.

zlatko

Banned
I guess I should focus on the trials. I completely break down trying to combo with special attacks.

Though I'm not sure if I should be doing that or just playing as many matches as possible to work on my reactions and blocking, etc.

Do some trials. Pick two characters.

Then go into training mode. Start experimenting around with both on dummy A.I not doing anything. What's your best jump in attack? Do you have a cross up move to use on their wake up? Turn on damage and play around with a few easy to do combos.

You'd be surprised how easily you can start winning or getting close matches just by knowing some super basic combos, and then just applying them correctly online once you have it down from training.

Then again, don't be afraid to just play online whenever. Hit up ranked and get bodied free. :D The road to a thousand wins is generally paved with a lot of losses.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
That triplecounter...

captureguztj.png

LProtag

Do some trials. Pick two characters.

Then go into training mode. Start experimenting around with both on dummy A.I not doing anything. What's your best jump in attack? Do you have a cross up move to use on their wake up? Turn on damage and play around with a few easy to do combos.

You'd be surprised how easily you can start winning or getting close matches just by knowing some super basic combos, and then just applying them correctly online once you have it down from training.

Then again, don't be afraid to just play online whenever. Hit up ranked and get bodied free. :D The road to a thousand wins is generally paved with a lot of losses.

I'm trying Ryu and Hwoarang trials. Didn't want to go with the super scrub Ryu/Ken team.

Grifter

Part of my enjoyment of cross is that it's feeling like the perfect rendition of a modern KoF game (for me).
- Team-based
- Projectile game exists, but aggression is favored
- Combos involve free-flowing air juggles and grabs (grapplers get a combo aspect)
- Tekken characters involve fireball evasion moves, air mobility, complex ground strings, counters, armored attacks, various KoF staples
- Big characters beautifully drawn (XIII's art went backwards)
- Better input system, shorter combos, less strict timing (and thus grinding)

In case anyone is curious about the Vita camera, my buddy used it to tape some local 2v2 (Scramble and regular matches)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIt6I-BvQOs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPsNKds8g1Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LHS7Hw7A0

Top Bottom