• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

I'm really liking some of the new characters in this game. I never plumped for the DLC back on the 360 version but I'm really enjoying using Cody, Dudley, Bryan as well as Cole who wasn't available on the 360 at all. I'm really pleased with how slick and responsive the controls are, not to mention how useful the front touch screen is for mapping stuff like the 3 punch and 3 kick attacks.

I can't find anyone online, ranked or endless. Did everyone stop playing this game already? :\

I have problems getting matches depending on the time of day, late afternoon/evening is the best time for me to get ranked matches, but even that takes a minute sometimes to get a match. Endless just seems to take forever either to find a lobby or have anyone join my lobby (I'm in the UK with match settings set to "Same Area" if that makes a difference).

Gamespawn

I set everything to any in my search criteria. Just watch out for those red connections. Worst lag ever. Most players are in the non-ranked modes playing.

ss_lemonade

Purchased and started playing. Me and my brother were a bit put off by the long initial save/loading screen and the low framerate during the menus and character select screen but once the fighting started, wow what an amazing looking game, especially for a handheld!

Gamespawn

Question. I bought SFxT off of PSN last tues. The game works fine and everything. I went to the PS store today and it has the price on it saying I didn't buy it. I check my list and there it is. Is this some sort of error on their part, or did I get an older version of the game? The one without all the extra costumes.

I've no problems getting matches. That's weird.

I'm wondering if my issue stems from the NAT settings for my Vita. Unlike the other devices on my network my Vita seems to be on "strict" settings and no matter what I try I can't change them. That might be restricting the number of people I run into online in SFxT?

fernoca

Update (Re: DLC issues)

Our apologies for the issues you are experiencing with the DLC for Street Fighter x Tekken on PS Vita. There was an error in how the DLC content was packaged and Sony Computer Entertainment America has been working to resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Below is an update on the corrections:

> DLC Content - in-pack and full game digital download: The in-pack voucher included the “Additional Characters Pack” (12 New Characters) for PS3 and the “SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack” (38 Alternate Costumes) for PS Vita and PS3.

> DLC Content - pre-order: This voucher code included the DLC Characters Alternate Costumes (12 Costumes) for PS Vita and PS3.

> Voucher Redemption: As of October 24th, 4pm (PST), the in-pack and pre-order vouchers were corrected and all vouchers redeemed after that provided the correct DLC.

> Full Game Digital Download: As of October 26th, 6pm (PST), the full game digital download was corrected, and all purchases made after that include the appropriate DLC.

> SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack (38 costumes) access for PS3: On October 30th, you will be entitled to download this complete costume pack for the PS3 by visiting the PSN Store and selecting the “SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack”. This will be marked as “Free” for you based on the entitlement, and you can download the content.

If you redeemed the In-game/Pre-order Vouchers prior to October 24th, 4pm (PST), purchased the full game via Digital Download prior to October 26th, 6pm (PST), or are experiencing another issue related to the DLC, please see below for an update.

In-pack voucher redemption prior to October 24th, 4pm (PST):
- You should have received the “SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack” (38 Alternate Costumes). On November 6th, you will be entitled to the access the “Additional Characters Pack” (12 New Characters) and the “SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack” (38 Costumes) for PS3 the if you log in to the PSN Store via the PS3 and select these items. They will be marked as “Free” based on your entitlement, and you can download the content.
- If you prefer not to wait until November 6th to access the DLC on your PS3, please have your PSN ID, Voucher Code, description of DLC received or missing and Date/Time of redemption and contact Capcom Customer Service via email at accounts@capcom.com and we will help you in the order the request is received.

Full Game Purchased via Digital Download prior to October 26th, 6pm (PST):
- The DLC content described above was not included in the download. On November 6th, you will be entitled to the access the “Additional Characters Pack” (12 New Characters) and the “SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack” (38 Costumes) for PS3 the if you log in to the PSN Store and select these items. They will be marked as “Free” based on your entitlement, and you can download the content.
- If you prefer not to wait until November 6th to access the DLC on your PS3, please have your PSN ID, Voucher Code, description of DLC received or missing and Date/Time of redemption and contact Capcom Customer Service via email at accounts@capcom.com and we will help you in the order the request is received.

Other Situations:
- If the above scenarios do not apply to you (i.e. you received incorrect DLC), please contact Capcom Customer Service via email at accounts@capcom.com and we will help you in the order the request is received.

Additionally, here are some instructions on how to redeem your DLC on your PS3, if you bought the Digital Download PS Vita version:

1) Purchase SFxTK Vita (Download Version) from the PS Store, using either your PS3 or PS Vita.

2) Turn on your PS3 and access the PS Store using the same PSN ID you used to purchase the game in step 1. You can now download the “Street Fighter® X Tekken® Additional Characters Pack (12 Chars)” for free from the store download list.

**Alternatively, you can also access the in-game store from the SFxTK PS3 game menu to download the DLC. It will be found in the “System Expansion & Tools” section.

3) Boot up SFxTK for the PS3 and the 12 DLC characters will be available.

Thank you for your continued patience in resolving this matter.

sajj316

Can someone explain why the Vita version got a 6.6 from IGN and the console versions got a 9.0? I literally threw up after reading the review on the reasons why ....

Can someone explain why the Vita version got a 6.6 from IGN and the console versions got a 9.0? I literally threw up after reading the review on the reasons why ....

Because in all IGN's wisdom they got 2 different people to review the two versions of the game. For the Vita version they decided to use someone who openly doesn't like the game in the first place.

So they used a guy who knew he wouldn't like the game going in and proceeded to trash it.

They should have used the same guy for both. He could then say, graphics toned down a bit, load times a little bit longer and controls might take a little getting used to. However it is on a hand held.. 8/10. Or there abouts.

Thats really what should have happened.

What annoys me most about IGN reviews is they ALWAYS say graphics arnt as good as PS3 version / equivalent and mark it down for it. Its just crazy to me really. They gave golden abyss 8.5 for graphics despite it having the best graphics seen on a hand held... ever.

I take every one of their reviews with a pinch of salt these days. By the sounds of it other sites have been giving this game fairer reviews.

Because in all IGN's wisdom they got 2 different people to review the two versions of the game. For the Vita version they decided to use someone who openly doesn't like the game in the first place.

So they used a guy who knew he wouldn't like the game going in and proceeded to trash it.

They should have used the same guy for both. He could then say, graphics toned down a bit, load times a little bit longer and controls might take a little getting used to. However it is on a hand held.. 8/10. Or there abouts.

What annoys me most about IGN reviews is they ALWAYS say graphics arnt as good as PS3 version / equivalent and mark it down for it. Its just crazy to me really. They gave golden abyss 8.5 for graphics despite it having the best graphics seen on a hand held... ever.

I take every one of their reviews with a pinch of salt these days. By the sounds of it other sites have been giving this game fairer reviews.

There are no words...

Vitacat

OK guys, I'm running a littlw slow today... please help me.

I'm still confused about what DLC I'm supposed to get for this game or not.

I bought SFxT via PSN on my Vita on 10/23 at release. I only own the Vita version.

Am I supposed to get the costume packs for free or...? Thanks.

sajj316

Lol. Fair enough.
I literally pissed all over myself due to laughing so hard at that comment :p

:) Just a bit sour this morning in the US post hurricane Sandy.

This combined with the WRC review is why they are failing at the only thing they are paid to do.

Omega hit it on the nail. As Charles Barkley would say, "thats just turrible" ...

Mikeside

:) Just a bit sour this morning in the US post hurricane Sandy.

This combined with the WRC review is why they are failing at the only thing they are paid to do.

Omega hit it on the nail. As Charles Barkley would say, "thats just turrible" ...

Ehh, it's IGN.
It's impressive how many problems their are with video game reviews, reviewers and general press in the industry currently.

I tend to avoid reviews until after I've played a game, because they can't really affect my opinion of it by that point.

This game feels really non newcomer friendly, I'm sucking so hard at it, for some combos/moves it feels like you need to have excessive frame perfect timing, and most of the times I get most successful outcomings by spamming L/R +attack buttons than when I try to perform actual planned attacks.
Touch screen has been a life saver but still feel like I'm not getting better the more I play.

This game feels really non newcomer friendly, I'm sucking so hard at it, for some combos/moves it feels like you news to have excessive frame perfect timing, and most of the times I get most successful outcomings by spamming L/R +attack buttons than when I try to perform actual planned attacks.
Touch screen has been a life saver but still feel like I'm not getting better the more I play.

It's actually not too bad. I always felt it was user friendly with the ABC combo launches. Some combos require really good timing but I personally found SSF4 much more difficult as I never have to plink to get anything out in SFxT

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What fucking voucher code for the digital download version, Capcom!? WTF!? WTF!? WTF!?

In any case good on them for fixing the issue, guess I'll be waiting until the 6th and if still isn't fixed RAGE.

Lothars

What fucking voucher code for the digital download version, Capcom!? WTF!? WTF!? WTF!?

In any case good on them for fixing the issue, guess I'll be waiting until the 6th and if still isn't fixed RAGE.
I just said in the email I sent them I bought the digital version, there were no voucher codes so I don't think you have to worry. Just send them an email.

vg260

I just said in the email I sent them I bought the digital version, there were no voucher codes so I don't think you have to worry. Just send them an email.

I just got my email back with the PS3 versions of the codes.

Kinda wishing I'd bought the digital version instead though for convenience. I'm realizing I really like the convenience of not switching carts.

Lothars

Kinda wishing I'd bought the digital version instead though for convenience. I'm realizing I really like the convenience of not switching carts.
I agree, there's certain games that I will buy digitally like SFxTekken and UMVC3 since I will continously go back to them.

vg260

I agree, there's certain games that I will buy digitally like SFxTekken and UMVC3 since I will continously go back to them.

I'm actually trying to sell my PS3 codes so I can trade in the retail version and break even, then get it digitally. :p I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a memory card, especially w/ PS All Star cross-buy.

When did you originally send the email?

OK guys, I'm running a littlw slow today... please help me.

I'm still confused about what DLC I'm supposed to get for this game or not.

I bought SFxT via PSN on my Vita on 10/23 at release. I only own the Vita version.

Am I supposed to get the costume packs for free or...? Thanks.

You should have all the alternate costumes for all 50 characters for the Vita.
This is comprised of SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack and SF/TK DLC Costume Complete Pack or something like that.

Takao

Banned
Now available on the Vita Store:

SF Alternate Costume Complete Pack ($12.99) – Alternate costumes for the 19 Street Fighter characters. Characters Included: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Guile, Abel, Dhalsim, Sagat, Rolento, Ibuki, Poison, Hugo, Rufus, Zangief, Vega, Balrog, Bison, Juri, Akuma — Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 and PS Vita versions!

TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack ($12.99) – Alternate costumes for the 19 Tekken characters. Characters Included: Kazuya, Nina, Asuka, Lili, Heihachi, Kuma, Paul, Law, King, Marduk, Hwoarang, Steve, Bob, Julia, Yoshimitsu, Raven, Jin, Xiaoyu, Ogre Note: Please be careful not to purchase the same costume twice. — Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3™ and PS Vita versions!

DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack ($5.99) – This pack features the alternate costumes for the Street Fighter and Tekken DLC characters. The costumes for the 12 DLC characters are included in this pack. Note: This add-on is exclusive content for STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN. Please be careful not to purchase the same costume twice. This add-on content can only be used if the additional character pack has been purchased. — Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 and PS Vita versions!

TK DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack ($3.99) – Alternate costumes for the 6 Tekken characters. Characters Included: Lars, Alisa, JACK-X, Bryan, Christie, Lei. This add-on content can only be used if the additional character pack has been purchased. Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 and PS Vita versions!

SF DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack ($3.99) – Alternate costumes for the 6 Street Fighter DLC characters. Characters Included: Sakura, Blanka, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley. This add-on content can only be used if the additional character pack has been purchased. Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 and PS Vita versions!

Individual Alternate Costumes ($0.99 each) – Alternate costumes are available for the following characters: Abel, Akuma, Alisa, Asuka, Balrog, Blanka, Bob, Bryan, Cammy, Christie, Chun-Li, Cody, Dhalsim, Dudley, Elena, Guile, Guy, Heihachi, Hugo, Hwoarang, Ibuki, Jack-X, Jin, Julia, Juri, Kazuya, Ken, King, Kuma, Lars, Law, Vega, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu, Zangief, Lei, Lili, M.Bison, Marduk, Nina, Ogre, Paul, Poison, Raven, Rolento, Rufus, Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Steve.

Slurmer

Banned
I love being able to have this on the go. MK had started to get a little old and this is a perfect replacement (also my first digital purchase of a retail game)

branny

I just bought this digitally today after seeing the blog post, and all the DLC was thankfully fine for me.

It's a solid port with some pretty nifty Vita-exclusive features. That's really all I could ever ask for, so I'm satisfied.

I'm pretty shocked at how gorgeous it is, considering all the lighting and special effect downgrades. I'm also super happy that the audio isn't overly compressed (if even at all) because that's definitely one of SFxT's highlights for me, too.

vg260

Welp, the new DLC is messed up. The alt pack for the DLC characters that went up today is only giving the PS3 version to dl. The Vita version still showing a purchase needed. Looks like they didn't associate them correctly.

Welp, the new DLC is messed up. The alt pack for the DLC characters that went up today is only giving the PS3 version to dl. The Vita version still showing a purchase needed. Looks like they didn't associate them correctly.

This does not bode well.
Uraizen caught this and made sure to note it in his email.
I realized I wasn't clear when I told them I was missing both the PS3 DLC characters and the Alt costume complete pack for both PS3 and Vita; I ended up forwarding my original email back to them with a new note saying exactly what I was missing.

And damn you branny; you learned from our mistakes. I hate you.
not really though.

AwRy108

All of this, plus people have such entitlement complexes these days. In all seriousness, shouldn't the Vita version have scored higher than the other versions because of all the added content AND its portability?

Jinroh

Vita VS Iphone 4S, round 1, fight!

7bc6d5b0d74db40aca9da49755dcb.jpg

94e7b79a1afeca35ef517c7244a03.png

Jinroh

Nonsense? You must be joking. We're talking about Iphone4S here. Iphone 5 is leagues ahead. Imagine the next generation.

And sony wants to keep the vita for what, 7-10 years? In 5 years it will feel like a gamboy color next to the actual smartphones.

The only advantage these consoles will have will be the expensive games with a better gameplay and bigger content. But in terms of hardware, it will be obsolete.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Iphone version looks better. Wonder why they skimped on the Vita version?

PSP2 compresses the hell out of the shots it screendumps. Take that in mind.

The iPhone version looks good, but that's probably because it doesn't compress.

I'd rather see an "in motion" comparison that doesn't compress shots because the PSP2 port is just the PS3 version downsized to a resolution for the portable.

Skyzard

Banned
Nonsense? You must be joking. We're talking about Iphone4S here. Iphone 5 is leagues ahead. Imagine the next generation.

And sony wants to keep the vita for what, 7-10 years? In 5 years it will feel like a gamboy color next to the actual smartphones.

The only advantage these consoles will have will be the expensive games with a better gameplay and bigger content. But in terms of hardware, it will be obsolete.

I mean it should be obvious since we're talking about SF ;) but only touch screen input for games? Most phones will never have a d-pad and face buttons, let alone dual anologues.

Lothars

Yeah I think your talking Nonsense.

Marz

Hardware isn't going to jump as much as it has in the past. Game development costs are already skyrocketing i'm pretty sure we'll only see marginal improvements.

Jinroh

Oh, the troll argument.

Both screenshots are on their original resolution, untouched. The game looks EXACTLY the same on the vita as on this screenshot.

The exact same orange color for the caracters skin, and the same sub-resolution that you can also find in games such as uncharted, gravity rush, mortal kombat, etc.

I expect from such an expensive console that boasted near ps3 capabilities to deliver something big. Call that trolling if you want.

sub res:

f7553598225dcd49ce0f7a8ee9ce7.jpg

7bc6d5b0d74db40aca9da49755dcb.jpg

native res:

89fbc45539f57de3890cc42d9d443.jpg

8078c4c3a725abbc58e1f6fb291c5.jpg

I took all these screenshots.

Skyzard

Banned
It's not native res (isn't MK?) but that's about the only thing holding it back isn't it. So way to miss the point really. And I'm sure it looks better on vita's screen and in 60fps motion.

Click for video:

Oh yes! Tekken 3's Yoshimitsu...oh man, might give in at £40..

Top Bottom