• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider |OT| It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got Dat Schwing)

dcx4610

Is there going to be anyway to get Strider 1 and 2 outside of Japan? Any word of a PS3/PSN release? I've never gotten a chance to play Strider 2 and the prices are still way too high on eBay.

Man, there's no excuse NOT to have digital releases of old games at this point. Come on Capcom.

onionfrog

Hey guys, this is somewhat OT but have any of you played Moon Diver?
I saw someone mention it in the comments of one of the reviews for strider and apparently it was made by some of the original creators of strider. A four player coop strider-esque game sounds awesome. Is it any good?

I'm still waiting on that Grace Chen time so I can buy strider on ps3!

.la1n

Oh. The Demo's up, eh? Time to download it.

It's showing up in the store but I can't get a download option to show up for me yet.

edit: not sure what's up with my web store but was able to get it on the console store.

Wow analog only on PS4 is seriously a deal breaker. Analog sucks on 2D games. This is really sucks. I really thought this game looked cool and would be a great game to play before the march madness starts.

dcx4610

Wow analog only on PS4 is seriously a deal breaker. Analog sucks on 2D games. This is really sucks. I really thought this game looked cool and would be a great game to play before the march madness starts.

What? Really? I knew Double Helix had to screw up somewhere. That glorious PS4 d-pad and I can't use it? Hopefully this can be patched.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Funds are in my wallet and the PS4 is waiting in standby mode. Once it's live on the web-store I will get this thing downloading and ready for me when I get home.

Slixshot

Banned
Doanloading now!
original.gif

Hey guys, this is somewhat OT but have any of you played Moon Diver?
I saw someone mention it in the comments of one of the reviews for strider and apparently it was made by some of the original creators of strider. A four player coop strider-esque game sounds awesome. Is it any good?

I'm still waiting on that Grace Chen time so I can buy strider on ps3!

A few people here think it sucks, I personally enjoyed it but didn't play it for long and haven't touched it in years. It dropped off the face of the earth pretty quickly, if that means anything to you

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Moon diver is ok if tpu aren't going in expecting it to be strider

eso76

Not showing for me..searching does nothing, not even in the coming soon section.
Why can't you preload games on PS store

JoeFenix

Definitely wasn't a fan of Moon Diver, absolutely horrible level and encounter design.

Basic movement and feel were solid but everything else was poor. It's cheap enough that it might be worth checking out if you're really curious but I don't think it's very good.

onionfrog

Full game for the PS3 is up for those interested in that version.
Thanks, downloading the demo now. I didn't expect it to be 4 gigs. This is gonna take a while...

A few people here think it sucks, I personally enjoyed it but didn't play it for long and haven't touched it in years. It dropped off the face of the earth pretty quickly, if that means anything to you
Thanks.
I was surprised that it came out a few years ago and I never heard anything about it.

It didn't review well on most gaming sites. But I've enjoyed games before that were critically panned. (The Way of The Samurai series for instance)
I'll have to see if there is a demo.

Definitely wasn't a fan of Moon Diver, absolutely horrible level and encounter design.

Basic movement and feel were solid but everything else was poor. It's cheap enough that it might be worth checking out if you're really curious but I don't think it's very good.
Ah... Maybe I'll check out a lets play on youtube.
If the level design is that bad maybe I won't bother. :p

bumpkin

Not showing for me..searching does nothing, not even in the coming soon section.
Why can't you preload games on PS store
Are you searching on the web store? It didn't come up as a result when I landed on the search results page, but if I typed in Strider and waited for the suggestions pop-up to appear, the PS3 and PS4 versions are listed. Just click on either one of those.

Hasney

Can see the FF XIV beta up but not Strider... Dammit
Are you searching on the web store? It didn't come up as a result when I landed on the search results page, but if I typed in Strider and waited for the suggestions pop-up to appear, the PS3 and PS4 versions are listed. Just click on either one of those.

That got it. TAAAAAAAAA.

Adam Blue

Unless right analog already has a use, that should be used to switch weapons. Mechknight Chronicles does this and it's glorious. You never have to move your thumb away from moving to switch.

.la1n

I think that would have to be directed at Capcom, now that Amazon bought DH.

Even though Amazon bought Double Helix they will still be supporting any current titles they had a contract to create. That includes KI Season 1 and Strider.

Top Bottom