• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider |OT| It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got Dat Schwing)

Anyone want to start a mini-petition/Twitter request to Double Helix to add d-pad support?

Why would allow d-pad for movement and analog for weapon changes in the options? It can't be that hard to do.

Side scrollers using analog just isn't right.

GODDAMMIT CHLOE! I wish I saw this post before I bought it.

2D games that force analog stick control are some of the worst things in gaming.

Silky

Banned
Hm. Played the PS3 demo on hard and finished it up. Hard mode is the best experience for the game.

despite the 30fps limit I didn't really experience any drops with the gameplay. I think it's locked. there's obviously things missing from the game such as Strider's hair effects and other neat particles, but I honestly wouldn't mind buying the PS3 version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even though Amazon bought Double Helix they will still be supporting any current titles they had a contract to create. That includes KI Season 1 and Strider.
I thought they said they wiped their hands clean of Strider. Good news if not though.

Regardless, it should go to Capcom.

ahm998

I need website to buy psn plus $ and get direct code from internet ;)

Because i change my account from europe to canada .

Silky

Banned
strider_by_endless_1-d770p1f.gif

Eusis

What? Really? I knew Double Helix had to screw up somewhere. That glorious PS4 d-pad and I can't use it? Hopefully this can be patched.
Reminds me of Little Big Planet, except at least I know for sure that used analog AND moving between planes. If Strider doesn't make a compelling case there then what the hell? Hopefully the D-Pad's used for items at least, not that they can't patch a toggle in similar to what Puppeteer has.

Adam Blue

Hard is kinda hard.

Analog for movement is annoying. It causes me to aim up or down as I run and attack as if the stick sort of 'drifts' in that direction.

EDIT: ARG!

Because analog I accidentally duck often. Could be me.

Reminds me of Little Big Planet, except at least I know for sure that used analog AND moving between planes. If Strider doesn't make a compelling case there then what the hell? Hopefully the D-Pad's used for items at least, not that they can't patch a toggle in similar to what Puppeteer has.

Pretty sure the d-pad is used to toggle the scythes. Like right is fire, left is ice, down is that purple one, etc

Silky

Banned

D-Pad is for cypher modes

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Will wait to make sure we an use D Pads for PC version. PS4 version is a no go for me.

Man, someday I'll buy a game besides Resogun for this thing...

AmyS

Oh boy oh boy ohboyohboyohboy numnumnumm IT'S BACON!

Nooo, it's not bacon, it's
Striiiiider!

.la1n

I have only played the demo but coming from a fresh Strider 2 PSX play through I have to say I am pretty disappointed with how the speed and movement feels. Obviously I haven't seen all the level / enemies but what is present in the demo is very bland. Hoping I can see more of the game before I decide whether or not to make a purchase, a damn shame as normally a new Strider game would be an instant purchase. Do not like the power ups making it where you cannot destroy certain enemies by normal means, I don't mind optional power ups but when it forces me to use it ala DmC colored enemies that's where I draw the line.

Adam Blue

^FrostuTheNinja, yes the movement is analog.

I'm personally not getting any analog. If you slowly move the stick up and down while running and attacking, only at a certain point will it move to the next animation (diagonal), then it has range before the next (completely up or down). Same with crouching.

If I'm wrong, then forgive me...could be bad at detecting analog or something.

dcx4610

For some reason, I've noticed younger games don't care about d-pads. I guess we are now at that point where we have a generation of gamers that have only used analog sticks.

I still don't understand how a 2D side scrolling game can go through development and testing and no one bring up not using the d-pad. Especially considering Strider doesn't have analog movement.

Can we just get a reversal like Puppeteer? D-pad for movement, analog for weapons.

Fucking EPIC!

Analog controls are a non-issue (IMO).

The only things I don't like are the checkpoint system (it's not bad or anything, but I consider it an archaic mechanism in general) and the fact that you can't keep playing from where you left off in the demo if you unlock the full version. Instead, you have to start over. No biggie though. This game is all about old-school reflexes and pattern memorization (at least so far), so I'll breeze right through it the second time.

Top Bottom