• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuck in the Past - a 33 RPM thread for vinyl listeners and collectors

Erekiddo

Alright Vinyl GAF, I need your opinion.

I'm finally done with my setup, but my room is running out of floor space. So I've decided to build UP.

I'm currently using this sub.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000092TT0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I purchased some cheap shelving from Amazon, and built three to store my vinyl in. My question is, is the weight of the vinyl going to be too much for the sub? It's a 50 pound beast, and feels sturdy, but I want to avoid this setup if it's a bad idea.

unnamed_zps56211bc9.jpg

unnamed1_zps4c932437.jpg

STG!

Alright Vinyl GAF, I need your opinion.

I'm finally done with my setup, but my room is running out of floor space. So I've decided to build UP.

I'm currently using this sub.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000092TT0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I purchased some cheap shelving from Amazon, and built three to store my vinyl in. My question is, is the weight of the vinyl going to be too much for the sub? It's a 50 pound beast, and feels sturdy, but I want to avoid this setup if it's a bad idea.

It's a bad idea to stack anything on top of a speaker/sub. They create vibration and should be isolated at all times. Not saying a sub would generate enough vibration to knock off an Expedit full of tunes, but you never know. Could hurt the sub.

Still, the Expedit is a great storage solution!

And I'm digging the DJ setup Johnlenham, very nice!

What kind of speakers are those? Seems like everyone has them.

KRK Monitors

Yeah thats the ones. Actives and no sub but still pretty weighty. I wanrted them for Djing more than anything else.
More records. Impatiently awaiting the arrival of my record player.
Nice choices in there, I have Enough Thunder framed and got that Miles Davis record a few weeks ago. I keep meaning to snap one of my Kid Cudi legit album and my Kendrick Lamar Section 80 bootleg!

first time posting in here.. recent pickup of mine.

IMVUusN.jpg

june of 44 - anahata
gondoliers - tonight's whispering
orchid - dance tonight! revolution tomorrow!
nation of ulysses - plays pretty for baby
kal marks - life is murder
guerilla toss - gay disco
mines - just another thing that got ruined
arvid noe - islington
king crimson - three of a perfect pair

I might post this here as I took the pic already for elsewhere, some REATARDS LP's aka my favorite band

3VK71kp.jpg

Bedroom Disasters LP, Live LP, Not Fucked Enough first pressing with rare insert and later pressing, GUFU first press and promo poster, Teenage Hate OG with insert and 2012 reissue (limited) clear

I might post this here as I took the pic already for elsewhere, some REATARDS LP's aka my favorite band
Bedroom Disasters LP, Live LP, Not Fucked Enough first pressing with rare insert and later pressing, GUFU first press and promo poster, Teenage Hate OG with insert and 2012 reissue (limited) clear
I really dig his solo stuff. Just ordered the represses of his 08 singles collection and watch me fall.

There's a cooler edition on Joyful Noise Recordings' website limited to 450. It's the VIP edition so it's an extra $5 for the subscription. IDK about shipping because I'm on mobile.
580_JNR132.jpg

Yep, ordered two of them. One for myself and one for Sai-kun. So excited, love the stuff I've heard so far.

Think I have to return my Pro-ject Carbon Debut. The left channel keeps dropping out the majority of times I turn it on. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable fixes it and it never drops out while playing. I have tried two different cables, no luck. Anyone ever have this issue?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Apparently my red vinyl copy of The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me went up a lot in price.

Yowza!

$200

CRS

Going by the Medium listing, most expensive LP is Captain Murphy's "Duality" going for $200 with Gorillaz' "Demon Days" going for $170 right behind it.

I would never sell either of them.

<3

amnesiac

My most (median) expensive single LP is the Urban Outfitters exclusive marbled edition of Father John Misty's Fear Fun. I probably should've got the black one since my colored one is pretty noisy.

number11

Here's the current outlook on RSD2014 if anyone is interested.

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.co.nz/2014/01/record-store-day-2014rsd-7-april-19.html

Was hoping to cut down my spending this year, but these are all the records I'm interested in so far..

Spektor, Regina You've Got Time 7"
Anamanaguchi Scott Pilgram vs. The World (Videogame Soundtrack)
Fidenco, Nico Emanuelle Perche' Violenza Alle Donne (Death Waltz) LP
Mansell, Clint In the Wall (Death Waltz) LP
Notorious BIG--Live After Death 3LP
Paranorman OST (Picture Disc) Mondo
Rizzati, Walter 1990: Guerrieri Del Bronx aka The Bronx Warriors (Death Waltz) LP
Soundtrack--Muppet Movie

DiscoJon

Banned
Soundgarden's "Superunknown" to be reissued June 3rd
"A 2-LP gatefold of the original 16 vinyl tracks remastered on 200-gram vinyl in a gatefold jacket will also be made available. In addition, the Superunknown singles and associated b-sides with newly interpreted artwork sleeves by Josh Graham will be reissued on Record Store Day, April 19th, as a set of five limited edition 10&#8243; vinyl records."

SUPERUNKNOWN: THE SINGLES – FIVE 10-INCH VINYL SET
1. SPOONMAN
Fresh Tendrils
Cold Bitch
Exit Stonehenge

2. THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE
Like Suicide (Acoustic Version)
Kickstand (Live)
Limo Wreck

3. BLACK HOLE SUN
Jesus Christ Pose (Live)
Beyond The Wheel (Live)
Fell On Black Days (Live)

4. MY WAVE
Spoonman (Steve Fisk Remix)
Birth Ritual (Original Demo Version)
My Wave (Live)

5. FELL ON BLACK DAYS
Kyle Petty, Son of Richard
Ghostmotorfinger
Fell On Black Days (Video Version)
Girl U Want
Black Days III

amnesiac

So if you don't go to a record store on RSD you're pretty much screwed, right? I need that Spiritualized box set but I can't make it out that day.

8bit

Knows the Score
So if you don't go to a record store on RSD you're pretty much screwed, right? I need that Spiritualized box set but I can't make it out that day.

For something like that, yeah. Might be some wanks selling it on ebay the day before for inflated prices if you're desperate though.

Top Bottom