• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmitt

I wonder what Zack Snyder is thinking right now.

Zr7pgJm.jpg

Rooster12

So if this one also bombs, where does WB/DC go next? They've already announced several movies to release after this. MoS got mixed reactions, BvS was critically panned and underperformed at the box office, and now this one is getting slammed.

Maybe they should just call it a wash and throw everything out. Start again from scratch.

Sell DC to Disney.

Let CW guys take over

Restart the whole thing (which isn't bad at all...we need a good Superman for once)

DOWN

Banned
That's disappointing but I always felt the concept seemed like a poorly veiled attempt at big money studios trying to get the edgy crowd attention

Drahcir

This one kind of hurt. :( I was all ready to watch this on OW, but coming into this thread has made me not want to waste my time. Going to be a rental for me. WHY DC.

I mean, this movie has looked pretty cringeworthy all along, with Leto barely being tolerable for the length of the trailers. No surprise here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You are right, judding an unreleased movie based on character design was really smart after all

It's almost like every character in this movie has existed in prior fiction and you could read between the lines to figure out that a director or screenwriter is going offkilter of that character.

Do you just hire people point blank for a job because you haven't seen them work before?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At this point I don't think it's possible for a new DC movie to be rated highly. Even if they're decent (and by that, I mean better than fucking Thor 2)

DC and WB are such toxic names right now. Give it a few years and start fresh. Or better, just focus on the TV shows.

Nobody cares about that. Critics aren't going into the movie thinking about the studios. Look at what happened with the Fast and the Furious franchise. Did a complete 180 critically and financially from where it was. It's possible for them to do well, they're just putting faith in the wrong architects.

Man, I dunno what DC are missing. Obviously not money. Not the actors either. Is it the scripts? The directors? The producers behind them? Or the executives behind them all doing a shitty job of puppeteering.

They should just hire Edgar Wright for a movie with unlimited free reign and follow what he does. Or maybe I just want a superhero film fully by him finally.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Though this for sure would be at worst a 70%.

It's currently at 9-16 (36%) right now.

Still seeing Day 1, can't imagine this is actually that bad.

Blader

Nobody cares about that. Critics aren't going into the movie thinking about the studios. Look at what happened with the Fast and the Furious franchise. Did a complete 180 critically and financially from where it was. It's possible for them to do well, they're just putting faith in the wrong architects.

Bingo.

It's great that WB is committed to being a filmmaker-driven studio. But that backfires when you put the wrong filmmakers in the driver's seat.

This movie being awful garbage makes all the stories of Jared Leto acting like a dick and the entire cast, except Smith, getting tattoos even funnier.

Zack Snyder fuck you

David Ayer fuck you

ypu had one job. ONE JOB. But no....fire these guys please dont let them near any DC movie EVER!!!

So, is it legally required for me to burn all my comics from DC now?
Or do I have to offer them as a tribute to the glory of the Disney Empire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom