• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

At this point I don't think it's possible for a new DC movie to be rated highly. Even if they're decent (and by that, I mean better than fucking Thor 2)

DC and WB are such toxic names right now. Give it a few years and start fresh. Or better, just focus on the TV shows.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
giphy.gif

Why was Chris Evans' face replaced with...Chris Evans face?

Chris R

I bet people enjoy this more than the reviewers. No idea if it will be enough for the film to be considered not a total bomb.

kurahador

I hate to say it but im getting bad vibes from Rogue One aswell, as someone who loves star wars with all his heart, this could be a bad year for cinema.

If Rogue One has Vader slaughtering people for 30 seconds, it'll be the 3rd best Star Wars movie.
I mean based on premise alone, it's pretty hard to make Rogue One sucked.

besada

Banned
Will write-up a review in the coming hours. For now, brief thoughts. For the first act the movie isn't really a movie, it's a series of vignettes that don't really match up with one another. There's a constant barrage of jukebox music, the filmmakers seem to worry that the audience will realize that things ain't so edgy.

So, folks punch other folks, that's how they show they're bad. Lots of people get knocked out and these sequences are the closest the film gets to being in any way funny. The problem is that the movie can't show its characters to be as bad as it you'd like. There's an underpinning of morality to it, the film is very careful not to tip over the 12a rating.

Everything feels very cynical, calculated and not anarchic at all. Not worth your time.
I want to know one piece of information:
How long does it take them to blow up Slipknot?
Feel free to PM me if you don't want to drop it in here.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
“How bad is this, be honest. Is this Batman vs Superman bad? It’s not Green Lantern bad, is it? Fuck. Don’t tell me this is Catwoman bad.”

“I’m sorry David. It’s Fantastic Four bad.”

Just wow.

^ OH MY GOD HELP

I hate to say it but im getting bad vibes from Rogue One aswell, as someone who loves star wars with all his heart, this could be a bad year for cinema.

It's never a bad year for cinema unless your only interest is big budget blockbusters.

I've already seen close to 40 genuinely great movies this year.

Ridley327

Nah I can't believe this. I actually watched Fan4stic the other day out of morbid curiosity, Fox literally released an unfinished, cobbled-together-at-the-last-second movie.

The reviews make it sound like a similar thing happened here, but it's about a half hour longer to boot.

That must be sheer misery.

Astral

Don't worry guys I had a dream where the movie was at 75% by Friday.
And I was shocked it even was that high.

kobu

I really liked Fury so I had some faith in David Ayer but I question the judgement of anyone that would put Jai Courtney in their movie.

Kurdel

Banned
Apocalypse.

Most of the X-Men....they're all bad...and you can just tell by looking at their pics.

Both designs were enough to make be doubt the quality of the movies, but it's still better to withold judgement until you see it on screen.

This could have been so, so good but it's been pretty clear throughout that it was mishandled every step of the way. The only way it was ever going to be good was by accident. I'm not surprised but I'm still a little sad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom