• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
One more from the archives.

nkPVmGm.gif

originally had captain america hail hydra there

d9IO2vo.jpg

All the negatives about few of these characters being of any substance is screaming Hobbit trilogy to me.

You can't have more than 5 team members and expect the audience to build a relationship with them in 2 hours. Marvel did it the right way and introduced the team piecemeal across several films. Dumping them all into one movie, and they being vague characters at that, was a bad move I think.

GotG worked so well because each member was uniquely identifiable and memorable. Right now, I can't tell who is Slipknot and who is Flagg. Only Harley, Croc, and that magic lady stand out to me. Everyone else is noise.

JoeInky

Oh man they will be savages for sure can't wait but also Double Toasted!

I'm hoping it's a "Mike loves it and and Jay hates it interspersed with cuts of Rich sitting there and not saying anything for most of the episode" episode.

He did love Independence Day and Jurassic World so who knows.

munchie64

You know, it's dumb because it's a movie, but this shit genuinely saddened me. I wanted this to be good so bad. I love David Ayer, I love DC and I loved the trailers. I got pretty chocked up when reviews started coming in (although that's mostly cause I'm tired as shit).

This thread has already cheered me up a bunch, so thanks guys. Maybe an unnecessary thanks, but one none the less.

Kibbles

This movie being awful garbage makes all the stories of Jared Leto acting like a dick and the entire cast, except Smith, getting tattoos even funnier.
You need to get your facts straight. He was never a dick wtf and Margot said he was really kind to her between takes. They all had fun. Something critics apparently don't like

This movie should have been R from the beginning. A lot of the reviews touch on that this feels forced and that none of the characters are being as bad as you want them to be

sirap

Nobody cares about that. Critics aren't going into the movie thinking about the studios. Look at what happened with the Fast and the Furious franchise. Did a complete 180 critically and financially from where it was. It's possible for them to do well, they're just putting faith in the wrong architects.

Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. TFA's universal praise and Thor 2's surprisingly high rating says a lot about branding (for me). Disney has so much positive momentum right now compared to WB's downward spiral.

Blader

You need to get your facts straight. He was never a dick wtf and Margot said he was really kind to her between takes. They all had fun. Something critics apparently don't like

lmao, yeah, that's really the problem here. Ignore all the negative reviewers who complain about a lack of fun, their actual issue is they didn't want to have fun at all!

Also, if I ever received a used condom or a rat from one of my co-workers, I would immediately think of that person as a dick.

To a lot of people who don't understand method acting, actors who use that style typically look like dicks. Re: Daniel Day Lewis and "My Left Foot"

Eh, I'll watch it myself and judge.

I enjoyed BvS and was told I was wrong for doing so.

Will eat crow if it REALLY is as bad as Fan4stic, IM2/3 or Thor 2.

I meant he was a dick in the way he used his stupid method acting techniques of sending dead rats or whatever the fuck it was to the cast. As for your other point, why the hell should critics care if the cast had fun?

maxcriden

FF wasn't really that bad. The ending feeling like it finished up a prologue was its biggest mistake. I'd give it a solid 6.5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom