• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aBarreras

Critics have something against DC comics movies, I'm convinced I tell ya.

not only critics, just read the threads for the justice league and dr strange trailers from comic con.

i mean i know dc movies arent freaking the godfather or the exorcist, but c'mon! neither are marvel ones

If you liked the scene in Batman v Superman where Bruce Wayne watched YouTube videos about the future members of the Justice League, you’ll love Suicide Squad.

nooooooooooooooo

Oh well, at least I get to see it for free.

Sorcerer

Can't believe this has happened twice in a row for DC. Our only hope is Wonder Woman because I don't think Justice League is going to turn things around.

Wonder Woman is going to get crushed based on 2 terrible movies before it. Its got a stigma of stink by association.

That will probably help crush JL as well.

giphy.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The marketing department has been brilliant.

Thats why this movie will still make tons of money regardless of bad reviews.
Yup, they did a fantastic job. Oh wait, I mean, I knew this movie was gonna be shit from day one cus the trailers were terrible!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Movie might be shit but are really gonna start pretending that the trailers were shit? They were extremely well edited trailers, maybe they should've gotten their editors to edit the actual movie.

Everyone wants to be on the right side of history. I bet people that gave positive impressions before the reviews dropped start backing away and reeling in what they said.

*shrug* I thought the trailers made the movie look really fun. It's actually the opposite of what was going on with Batman v Superman. The second trailer for that was good, then closer to release we got another that had more Lex and the reveal of Doomsday. So alarm bells were going off right there. But this had a great marketing campaign.

PBY

Banned
not only critics, just read the threads for the justice league and dr strange trailers from comic con.

i mean i know dc movies arent freaking the godfather or the exorcist, but c'mon! neither are marvel ones
There's no conspiracy.

Kalentan

Alright so... Was there a chalkboard thing ever made for the DCEU?

You know? Where new stuff gets crossed off at the top it says something like: "Will save the DCEU"?

Cause at this point... I think it's needed.

Which sucks cause I was hoping this was going to be good...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate a lot of the Marvel formula and don't really have interest in superhero films

I can't wait to see a Thunderbolts film blow this fucking thing out the water.

I wonder if the same 5 people who defend the fuck out of BvS in the OT will migrate to defend Suicide Squad in that OT.
I'm entertained by that more than these movies.

Gloam

Will write-up a review in the coming hours. For now, brief thoughts. For the first act the movie isn't really a movie, it's a series of vignettes that don't really match up with one another. There's a constant barrage of jukebox music, the filmmakers seem to worry that the audience will realize that things ain't so edgy.

So, folks punch other folks, that's how they show they're bad. Lots of people get knocked out and these sequences are the closest the film gets to being in any way funny. The problem is that the movie can't show its characters to be as bad as it you'd like. There's an underpinning of morality to it, the film is very careful not to tip over the 12a rating.

Everything feels very cynical, calculated and not anarchic at all. Not worth your time.

Vanish

MCU is at 13 films over the past 8 years and not a single one of the DCEU movies have yet to surpass the lowest rated MCU movie – Thor: The Dark World. For shame, DC/WB. I had high hopes for this one.

- J - D -

A lot of pressure on Wonder Woman now, which by looking at it seems like a tenuous gamble to put all your hopes in.

Maybe its time DC had the Flash rewind time and start the DCCU over with the only one that we can still hope to save us: Affleck and his Murderman.

xgdLxN4.jpg

Chris1

making money isn't it? Just keep releasing profitable shit until people are numb to it and see it as acceptable.

But it could be making far more money with a good reboot.

I think they'll reboot it after Justice League is no doubt a disaster judging by how things are going.

Phased

I hate to say it but im getting bad vibes from Rogue One aswell, as someone who loves star wars with all his heart, this could be a bad year for cinema.

It's tempting to start thinking that but aside from some outliers like Iron Man 2 and Thor, which are kinda boring at worst, Disney has taken really good care of their properties so far.

Until they produce something that's BvS level bad I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt for awhile yet.

That other shoe will surely fall eventually and we'll get a bad one, but it hasn't happened yet. Everything has been great.

Kurdel

Banned
THE DUDE HAS 'DAMAGED' TATTOOED ON HIS FOREHEAD AND THERE WERE PEOPLE ON THIS VERY FORUM WERE LIKE 'yeah man cool interpretation'

I mean what do you expect

You are right, judding an unreleased movie based on character design was really smart after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom