• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

l8Z3gmU.png

4BXs7v0.png

xK0mfZx.gif

How on earth are they that high.

Aaron

Shame Deadpool's success came too late. WB might have had the courage to make this an R movie like it should have been. Instead it was following the doomed trajectory of Bats vs Supes with some hasty edits sprinkled on top.

I have a free movie ticket I need to use before November 10th (so no Star Wars, boo) and I was going to use it on this, now I need to think of something else. But there's nothing coming out this fall so I think I need to see this shit anyway :(

I wonder if you were going to say "It was always going to suck" if it was getting good reviews.

"Deadpool was always going to suck. Let's take a C tier 'hero' and add a bunch of dick and fart jokes then make a movie that takes place on a highway with just a 50 million dollar budget and two D tier xmen cameos"

I was always confused at the people who were like "omg the marketing's so good!!"

the humor in the trailers just seemed super lame to me.

The Deadpool trailers weren't that great either, and that turned out to be great. Besides, were people really looking at this as a comedy?

Patty Jenkins will save the DC Universe. Maybe.

I'm now expecting this to end up in the mid-40s on RT and maybe 50% MC score.

And please, pay no attention to IMDb for at least a good 10 days after release. That 9.8 score will drop like a rock.

And people were wondering why I have no faith in Justice League even after a not so bad trailer.

I look forward to many more months of DC fans claiming critics are easier on Marvel movies.

They're not. Marvel's just capable of crafting movies with coherent storylines and characters that feel like actual people.

It's one of those time when you think they can't keep fucking it up, but they manage to lower the shit bar that bit more. :(

I hope Affleck is directing one of the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom