• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

On paper, this is an amazing cast for the Squad.

I mean I could see almost all of them in their roles.

And I'll do my best to ignore Jai exists

Leto has big shoes to fill.

Clown-Shoes.jpg

Cool line-up. Tom Hardy is awesome. And Leto will be great.

We should just take Jai Courtney, Taylor Kitsch, and Sam Worthington and put them in a room until they all collapse into an anti-charisma singularity.

Ein Bear

Aw man, for a second there, I thought Tom Hardy was reprising Bane and got insanely excited.

Still an awesome cast though. Should be a great movie.

kulapik

Where the hell are you hearing that?

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similarly to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

sarcastor

Boomerang_mercer.jpg

Captain Boomerang carries a number of boomerangs in his satchel. He is an expert at throwing the weapons and as well as ordinary boomerangs he has a number with special properties, including bladed, explosive, incendiary, and electrified boomerangs

seriously this sounds like the lamest character ever.

Yes @ the Will Smith casting
D.C. continues to impress with diversity casting
Ezra Miller as Flash, Will Smith as Deadshot...
Another day, another slay.

How much money is Warner sinking in this?

It's so weird that Will Smith is doing this. I guess everybody wants in on the superhero craze. And they want to cast Oprah? lawd

Tabby

Great cast. Can't wait to see what Jared Leto does with the Joker.

Not sure those Oprah and Waller rumours though.

Wait, Oprah fucking Winfrey is the first choice for Amanda Waller? Talk about burying the lede...

That and Courtney aside, what an interesting choice of property to adapt so early in this universe. Hope they pull it off.

Poona

That's awesome. Can see Jared being an amazing Joker, and it's going to be so interesting to hear Margot as Harley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom