• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Filthy truth. ;-;

i6EFV2K2Ptc3n.jpg

isiRmAKn0thP8.gif

Branduil

Nope; good writing combined with good storytelling combined with good direction is what makes something compelling.

Elements can be compelling on their own even if it's better for them all to be compelling.

Okay things are back to normal.

Branduil

I guess I just don't view "storytelling" as part of "writing" like most people in this forum do because in my native language, Spanish, they are completely different terms. Writing's equivalent is "escritura", which just means having a good grasp of language; what you do with the language is irrelevant. Storytelling and everything relating to it is "narrativa".

So you're telling us to blame Spanish for your inability to appreciate the importance of a good script?

A show can't be good by ______ alone.

Fixed.

Gintama 11-12

Fried eggs usually don't look like they visited the sun and back.

Kinda funny that an hour special is two stories about Otose-san. Not bad stories and there was a nice car chase.

Though, that ED remix! Well worth watching I would say.

Jex

After E7AO Ep15 aired on MBS, they announced they're going on a TWO WEEK break because of the Olympics. I suspect this isn't going to be the only show fucked by the events. Have fun fellow anime fans! #fucktheolympics

Well it's not like anything good was airing anyway.

Binbougami Ga! 4

This show is really growing on me. The predictable straight-faced sappy moments are still falling flatter than Momiji, but I find myself smiling through everything else. It's nothing amazing and it's not really laugh-out-loud funny, but it's fun.

Also boobs.

Branduil

If we ever actually see her face, firehawk will feel a sudden melancholy for the irretrievable days when her appearance was a mystery.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't watch Hyouka but I'm joining Team Oreki's Onee-san.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom