• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Binbougami Ga - 04

H8SAJ.png

Alright episode, not as good as the others but I found myself laughing quite a bit.

Momou is awesome.

Anime was cancelled due to the olympics. Didn't you get the memo?

I canceled my cable earlier this year when I realized I only watched it about twice a year recently. I can't even get motivated enough to almost give a fuck about the opening ceremony, the only part of the Olympics I even really cared to watch.

Nafe

Hopefully Chihayafuru season 2 will be so successful karuta will become an Olympic sport by 2016.

I could be wrong but I thought there was a bit of a push years ago by some to have Chess in the Olympics. I think it might even be recognized as one by the Olympic committee.

All this talk of sports kind of makes me wish there was an anime that focused on jousting. Just think of all the sakuga moments it could have!

sonicmj1

One episode in on Age and the art is killing me.

I'm afraid that one day, someone is going to take DTL's recommendations seriously without understanding where they're coming from.

Didn't think it'd happen so soon.

Also, I don't want to raise the Mary Sue discussion again, but in terms of language evolving, there are things that gain new meanings over time (hot, sick, gay), and there are things that are the equivalent of ironic being "like rain on your wedding day".

Lain

Estetica 2-3

So episode 2 had some pissing and a couple of lesbians making out. It was great.
Episode 3 went to show that the MC is so powerful
he's got a giant sword. Too bad the episode ended before he could start using it.

cajunator

Banned
I decided to check out the home release version of that scene from Nisemonogatari and to my horror I discovered...

IT'S THE FUCKING SAME SHIT WITH A SHITTY BLOOM FILTER

EVERY PANTYSHOT
EVERY FINGER TWITCH
EVERY LIP SHADE
EVERY BLUSH
EVERY BRUSH FIBRE MOVEMENT
EVERY TOOTH
ALL OF IT IS THE FUCKING SAME. EVEN THE FUCKING BACKGROUNDS WHICH SHAFT LOVE TO ARBITRARILY CHANGE

WHAT THE FUCK

HELL, THE ONLY STUFF THAT'S CHANGED IS THE LINEART WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS AS SHOWN:

nise8.gif
nise8a.gif

AND THE SHAPE OF KAREN'S BREASTS:

In closing, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT[/HIGHLIGHT

Nishishishi!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I make it a point not to watch live-action Disney movies. They never end well.

As a Chinaboo by trade I guess I also get to look forward to figure skaters lying about their ages as well as gymnasts. Goooooo China!
You have to watch table tennis and badminton I suppose. lol

And I think the live action Disney movies are probably better than most of Disney's post 2000 animated releases. :p

Gundam Wing 1 -2
tumblr_m3k771tWFQ1rsmzgao1_500.jpg

Well I think Ill definitely sit through and watch all of these. The music, though retro, actually does sound pretty good and I already have a few favorite tracks. The one that plays when everything gets so suspenseful is probably my favorite one.

Characters are actually outstanding. I cant wait to hear the motives that drive them but just from these two episodes, clear favorites are Heero Yuy, Duo, and Quatre*, with Heero and Duo as my most favorites. The whole boat exchange was awesome and hilarious. I think they will definitely end up being a "duo" soon. Trowa and the other one are decent, though Trowa's hair looks like its about to fall off.

Relena is massively annoying. Im assuming they improved her character type, because the character of her type in Gundam 00, wasnt this annoying and actually fit in well, (Marina Ishmael). Im honestly surprised people liked her enough to even grant her fanart with Heero.

Best scene
Heero rips the invite Relena gives him, then wipes the tear then says he will kill her and leaves like hes too cool for school, I laughed so much

Gundams are made of gundamium alloy! though what are Ages, 00s, and Seed HD gundams made of? And Zexs reminds me of Seeds La Cruset.

Thoraxes

Gundam Wing 1 -2

Well I think Ill definitely sit through and watch all of these. The music, though retro, actually does sound pretty good and I already have a few favorite tracks. The one that plays when everything gets so suspenseful is probably my favorite one.
The rock-orchestral OST of Wing was truly incredible. So good.

NewFresh

Animal Treasure Island

This was cute and very evocative of earlier Disney stuff what with the colorful cast, visual humor, and musical numbers. Given how everyone appears to be a furry, I'll assume this is a close adaptation of the original as well because that's some creative license otherwise.

Man, this reminded me a lot of Cagliostro from little things like swimming in the air and how the characters ran on the ridge towards the mountain to the finale with the secret to get to the treasure and draining the area to get it. I'll just assume Miyazaki's time on this influenced Cagliostro later.

With all of the different people working on it, the aesthetic does get a pieced together kind of feel from time to time. I still really enjoy the how lively the whole film is, and that sequence towards the middle that was animated by Miyazaki himself really does stand out.

sonicmj1

Characters are actually outstanding. I cant wait to hear the motives that drive them but just from these two episodes, clear favorites are Heero Yuy, Duo, and Quatre*, with Heero and Yuy as my most favorites. The whole boat exchange was awesome and hilarious. I think they will definitely end up being a "duo" soon.

What?

NewFresh

It's being done by KyoAni too, so if the premise doesn't appeal to you at least it should be a high quality work.

Also, Tatsuya Ishihara is directing. I really don't like anything he has done besides Nichijou, but I really enjoyed Nichijou (See avatar) so it makes me at least interested in this project.

trejo

Also, Tatsuya Ishihara is directing. I really don't like anything he has done besides Nichijou, but I really enjoyed Nichijou (See avatar) so it makes me at least interested in this project.

And conversely, it makes my already tenuous interest in the show close to nonexistent now that I'm aware of this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Natsuyuki Rendezvous 04
I know that feeling bro. We all know that feeling. bro. ;_;

This episode wasn't as visually arresting as the three before it. Lots of janky animation and derpy faces going on. Even so, the writing is great enough as to carry the whole thing through. They totally captured that sensation of the awkward first date going on. Plus, feels.

brb gonna bawl over my pillow

Gundam Wing 1 -2
Glad you're liking it.
Relena got better for me later into the show, hated her at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom