• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

But then she holds it fine later in the next shot! Silly Elena, what will she do next?

I imagine the actual culprit is them choosing a mediocre animator for that shot who was more concerned about getting his meager paycheck than the physics of handheld devices.

duckroll

I imagine the actual culprit is them choosing a mediocre animator for that shot who was more concerned about getting his meager paycheck than the physics of handheld devices.

I dunno. It seems like something Elena would do. She's just that hip. Doing something "wrongly" in one shot and then doing it correctly after that isn't out of character for her.

wonzo

Banned
Rayca OVA

rayca.jpg
raycaa.jpg
raycab.jpg
raycac.jpg

i don't get it. i think this was about an awful looking cg girl flying around worlds mixed with awful cg and poorly filtered photos but i'm not so sure... oh and there was something about eyes. yeah, i think that about covers it.

The movie rearranges things so that the characters look even worse. It also makes no sense and has terrible pacing and re-editing.

Plus it has the worst CGI shot ever.
... !

Why you should never watch the Macross Plus movie:

iTQRceKs3HPuA.jpg
... i gotta see this

Now for something completely different: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae71q_3yqqs

Thank you Anno, for showing us why it was probably for the best that ADV didn't make a live action Eva movie. :)
neat, it's that thing from that ghibli movie!!

Jex

Especially if you consider how many wrote this season off as a backlog season.

Well, the only thing from season which I am watching that's any good is Natsuyuki Rendezvous and I was interested in that before the season started. That's a pretty short list of quality titles.

Jinrui started off pretty promising as well, but it's quickly gone downhill.

cajunator

Banned
Gunsmith Cats 3 END

This was a pretty strong ending to a fantastic OVA series. While it unfortunately didn't have any awesome mechanical animation like part 2, it certainly had some really well done action scenes which managed to have a real sense of tension to them. I must say that the direction the plot went in was fairly predictable but I didn't care about any of that stuff in the first place as everything else more than easily made up for it!

gunsmith3d.jpg

You guys are so late watching this masterpiece but I will forgive you.

Jex

That's weird, because when I try watching Plus I get that same feeling!

I didn't find the pacing in the Macross Plus OVA's to be that bad. They aren't particularly snappy or anything but they feel fine to me. DYRL, on the other hand, feels a bit bloated.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I didn't find the pacing in the Macross Plus OVA's to be that bad. They aren't particularly snappy or anything but they feel fine to me. DYRL, on the other hand, feels a bit bloated.
It's the tone I don't care about in Plus. SDF macross and DYRL basically feel like Star Wars but with j-pop and transformable mechas, which is awesome.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm pretty sure the high posters watch Anime. I mean... Right
I was on the wall of shame (which still baffles me), so that theory is completely invalidated. I just like to criticize/pretend to talk about things I know nothing about.

cm osi

Natsuyuki - Episode 4

This show has way too much feels. I'm really bummed out after watching each episode, and lose the mood to do anything fun after that. It's really draining. Why must it be so..... whatever it is that it is. These characters are just so... neutral to each other, in a really depressing way. :(

ep 4 was the worst for me. really slow and boring, nothing happens in the first half, and then they go to the ferris wheel and the guy
gets on his knee and sucks her finger wtf?
and then ask her if she want to make sex
. at least something happens at the end

Caesnd

DYRL basically defines the Aristotelian concept of the "whole" for me. You could tell the people involved loved working on it; and thus I enjoyed it as well.

Finally having seen Gunsmith Cats, It's nice knowing where Cowboy Bebop got some of its inspiration from.

Jex

I was on the wall of shame (which still baffles me), so that theory is completely invalidated. I just like to criticize/pretend to talk about things I know nothing about.

You've been exposed! By your own hand...

Gundam Wing rewatch ep12(Dub)

Every single person in this episode was voiced by a main cast member.
and I thought that was a recent fad...
Giving Nolan North in Young Justice a run for his money.

Kagami

Shame Kingdom anime give really bad impression to people, the manga is good read with its great art :(
My friend's a big fan of the manga and observing him watch the anime is hilarious.
"Oh god, CG, CG, ugh, why did they have to OH YES, 2D SCENE YES YE-oh god CG"

Jex

My friend's a big fan of the manga and observing him watch the anime is hilarious.
"Oh god, CG, CG, ugh, why did they have to OH YES, 2D SCENE YES YE-oh god CG"

It's only marginally better looking than the Berserk movies.

So in that space he can basicly destroy any move ( offensive or defensive ) his opponent makes , as long as he know enough about his background ? That nice
Now the fight at Ep1 now make totally sense !

Anyway that ep was totally cool ..with nice fights, nice effects and harem building elements inside PLUS random trivia...

I wish they didnt say it was an alternate space, if it took place in the real world, it would surely feel way more intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom