• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Crazy Girl Anime

pweq4psjw.jpg

Crush her.

Branduil

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anime staff:

Director - Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf)
Series Composition - Naruhisa Arakawa (Spice and Wolf)
Character Design - Masashi Kudo (Bleach), Hiroaki Karasu (Dog Days)
Chief Animation Director - Hiroaki Karasu (Dog Days)
Art Director - Toshihiro Kohama (Spice and Wolf)

Economics anime confirmed?

(Thanks 7th!)

So basically this is the closest thing to Spice and Wolf s3 that will ever exist.

duckroll

It's a battle shounen, and not even a fujoshi one like Reborn or Black Butler.

There'll definitely be a fujoshi fanbase though, much like FMA has a pretty strong following among that crowd. Aniplex is certainly pushing it in that direction too, since the promo posters they have for the fujoshi anime mags specifically omit the lone female character, and push male/male pairings instead. It's all very deliberate. It seems they're doing it for Comiket too.

mAcOdIn

So when does Spoor show up then? lol
The show isn't this bad, just watch until Spoor already.
I can't remember what episode she shows up in, I think somewhere in the middle. The first female Abh Captain's cool too though.
Just make 30 gifs and then post them separately!
Sounds like too much work, plus I'd have to watch all the Kugiloli shows.
I don't think that's necessarily true, most shows that have some kind of setting that requires exposition (science fiction, fantasy etc) tend to get more bearable once they get past the exposition that's often found at the start of such stories.
So it's not necessarily false either though?

I just feel that essentially every single side character, with the exception of the young Abh Rei clone introduced in season 2, are far and away more interesting than Jinto and most of them are better than Lafiel so the show's really at its best when it's focusing on their story and not Jinto x Lafiel. And my obsession with Spoor aside, I really do think it's true of everyone, especially on the Abh side which seemed to totally get all the love, especially the women. Now the Jinto x Lafiel dynamic and story is never so terrible as to make the show bad by any means but I feel that it's impossible to watch the series and not sit there wishing for what could have been, and seriously, what could have been would have been so much better.
More over, I feel like you're going to experience in enjoying the series if you don't really care for the main pair of characters, considering that so much of the action revolves around them.
What? I think I agree because this is a given but I'm not sure, lol.
Well, I don't know if I'd go that far. There are many, many protagonists in anime worse than him.
I probably am exaggerating it's just that feeling's magnified by the huge difference between Jinto and every other character in the show. But as far as Jinto versus other anime main characters, that's probably true, there's many worse than him.

It's just, to me, very rare that I actually like a show in spite of the main characters, I don't even know if there's any other show I feel this way about actually.
Your taste in characters is as bad as macodin!
What does this mean? Like his taste is as bad as me, or as bad as my taste? Either way you're wrong sir!

And unless I'm reading Jexhius' post incorrectly he's actually somewhat praising Jinto.
Likability has nothing to do with a comparison of the couples dynamic in Crest of the Stars v. Eureka 7. It can't happen because Renton
actually gets the girl
(SPOILERS!!!) whereas Jinto
is so meek and unmotivated as to appear asexual
Seriously! Like, I don't get their damn dynamic at all in that regard.
It's like they hit a reset button at the end of the first season or something. She basically flirting with him in the first episode, then there's a hug somewhere, they get pretty damn close and then it's like all of a sudden they're so far away, what is going on? But, like, they're not far away at all, they're like the only two people that trust each other, it's weird. It's less like watching a budding relationship and more like watching a loveless married old couple.
Not to mention that Renton (& his beau) get actual character development whereas Jinto is the same damp towel from beginning to end while his not-GF makes personal strides forward.
Right, Jinto really never ever decides anything until the end of Banner 3 and even that was really a no brainer. Until that point you get the impression that he's just there because he's there, his planet got conquered and Star Force or whatever told him to go to some place so he does but he's so wishy washy that the whole time you can't help but think that if he then in turn got captured by humans and was made Duke of some planet that he'd just shrug and put the same amount of effort, read none, into that job as well, until the Abh take the planet back and then he'd do what they'd say. He's a very boring and dull person. His objections to anything in the series come of weak like some emasculated child sheepishly trying to put up a defense knowing he's lost already. That's Jinto for the whole damn series.

Now in a way this makes sense, he is essentially a person conquered from childhood so this aspect of his personality isn't actually implausible it just doesn't make for a likable character.
But who cares really, Spoor > all.
So true.
So the crux of the show is really about some guy named Spoor being a giant dick to other people? lol
Spoor's a woman, the woman to be exact. She's the shit.

All the Abh women except the Rei clone introduced in season two are like Alpha chicks.
That just further makes Jinto look weak because not only is he the weakest male in that universe he's weaker than all the females too. Which, yeah, I know, equality and shit but it's hard to fight my upbringing ok?
That's the worst burn I've ever taken.
Hey!

There'll definitely be a fujoshi fanbase though, much like FMA has a pretty strong following among that crowd. Aniplex is certainly pushing it in that direction too, since the promo posters they have for the fujoshi anime mags specifically omit the lone female character, and push male/male pairings instead. It's all very deliberate. It seems they're doing it for Comiket too.

I guess so. Don't see it being the main fanbase though. Will probably make up about the same percentage as it did for FMA.

Ultimadrago

Gunslinger Girl 5

Entering Claes.

It seems Claes is another girl that is eager to please her handler. As things tend to be, Raballo does not show the same affection. This episode is a looking glass into their relationship, grouped with the episodes preceding.

Though the old man's
change of heart
didn't present itself in an effective manner. He loses his temper,
gets informed on the procedures of experimental conditioning and then, in short work, shares a "heart-to-heart" with Claes. One after another with little breathing room in-between.

Claes'
forgetting of Raballo
was yet another marker of a possible consequence that arrives with growing
a relationship with a girl under the project.
There is something to lose.

The character can only
remember a fatherly figure now and a "library" key in her possession.

It's not one of the stronger episodes, but it has established Claes and her current position as a
caged hamster for Social Welfare
well enough.

Gunslinger Girl 5
There's one thing about this episode I'd like to clarify.
When Claes's handler was on the phone with the police, was he arranging for his death to be faked, or for them to actually off him? I assume the former, but the show (wisely) doesn't tell either way.

I'm unsure of this as well. In the moment, I thought
Social Welfare Agency took him out. It has stayed underground this whole time and this case was the first (shown to the audience) of someone leaving the particular organization. However, despite his prior ignorance of the brainwashing process, I believe he would be knowledgeable of how certain things are done within circles like Social Welfare. In short, he wouldn't be dumb enough to attempt it unless he had a death wish.

Gundam 00 10

gn-004.jpg

And now I've seen everything. though I liked Wing Gundam Zero EW's angel wings that was pushing it, this.....

completely forgot Nobel Gundam, though it doesn't count because the entire design is an actual joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom