• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Binbougami Ga 6
7CXz2.jpg

I love self-referential shows. Plus how Momiji was singing the ED theme during karaoke.
I've now read ahead a bit in the manga, so I know what's coming up, making me particularly excited for the episode after the next, if my guess about the pacing is right.

Also, reposting if anyone wants it.

9uXft.png

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 112

It seems that episode 111 wrapped up Sailor Neptune's and Uranus's arc, albeit in the worst way possible,
with a reset.

Fortunately, 112 goes in a different direction, with a lot more focus on the Death Busters. Now that
Eudial is out, a new character, who sounds like she's voiced by whoever does the Utena narration, is in. She's quite absurd and funny, though not very effective.

Of course, the main reason this episode was enjoyable was

A. Lots of Chibiusa

B. Very little Haruka and Michiru

A winning combination if I ever saw one.

I'm still struggling to find a way to reconcile my strong dislike for Haruka's and Michiru's role in SM S, and my enjoyment of the characters themselves.

Chibiusa makes a new friend,
who has "walking plot device" written all over her. I guess the staff realized that, because they didn't even bother drawing anything out for a few episodes, but revealed straight away that she can use magic, and far more importantly, her father is the professor! We finally get to see his face properly! Also I'm suspicious of the shadowy figure who is supposed to be the Death Busters' Messiah. I think she might be Chibiusa's new friend.

Well, I think I'll thoroughly enjoy watching these new developments,
I often like the "real friend who is actually working for the other side" trope, and so far it seems that SM S is going to do a good job with it.

Sengoku Collection 19

xCpps.gif

It's another murder mystery! KININARIMASU!

Hello, Mitsuhide, what wonders will you bring us today.

Really good episode. While one can see the big twist a mile away with a little knowledge of anything Sengoku related, it was still done really nicely. The direction was nicely done, really liked the use of the other characters to drive home the plot, everything was really nicely done. But, of course this was pretty expected.

Binbougami Ga 6

I've now read ahead a bit in the manga, so I know what's coming up, making me particularly excited for the episode after the next, if my guess about the pacing is right.

Also, reposting if anyone wants it.

9uXft.png

Unless next week is a 2-parter, the one after that will probably be Tama's introduction. Don't know if that's what you're talking about, but I do like it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 24:

68iKOl.jpg

Feels kinda Doremi.

This episode answers the question: what is hell? In any universe in which magical girls are actually a thing, hell is a place populated by nothing but mascots. Sure, you can say "but wait, this show is targeted toward small girls, the one demographic who would actually enjoy this sort of experience. It's every girl's wish for her dolls to come to life." To this, I respond:

Can't you see the abject horror behind those smiles? Those are the glassy eyes of people who have discarded their very humanity in the name of fulfilling a mission. They don't question, they don't consider their own well-being, they just do what needs to be done, and if snuggling every fucking plushie in Märchenland gets them one step closer to defeating Emperor Pierrot once and for all, it's done without hesitation.

...okay, so this episode was actually about the girls being transformed into plushie mascots themselves so the natives wouldn't run screaming in terror at the sight of furless paleface giants stomping all over their town, and in spite of how utterly loathsome mascots generally are, the results of the girls' transformations were agonizingly adorable. No pics because I'm sure everyone was already spammed with the best images back when this aired a couple of weeks ago.

The lack of human inhabitants of Märchenland raises an important question or two, though:

Why, if there are no humans, are all of the books so unfriendly to the size of the average Märchenlander? You'd think that an entire society centered around fairy tales would, y'know, have books that would be readable without the aid of a forklift. I smell a conspiracy to consolidate literacy among the upper-class.

lol NEW countdown clock. Maybe this time Pierrot won't look like a shitty gorilla clown. At least the new Super Akanbe enemies are slightly more menacing than the hideous, slow-witted abominations we've put up with thus far.

I still think that Joker is the secret final boss, but I'm biased.

ElXycl.jpg

I guess the interminable rows of crumbling gray apartment complexes are right off-screen.

Articalys

Unless next week is a 2-parter, the one after that will probably be Tama's introduction. Don't know if that's what you're talking about, but I do like it.
Huh? After Ranmaru shows up in the manga
there's four chapters for her in a row: one for her intro, one for her father, then the Ichiko's past story arc. The latter is what I'm looking forward to. Tama isn't until chapter 14. You really think they're going to do ALL the Ranmaru stuff in one episode?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 19

http://i.imgur.com/xCpps.gif

It's another murder mystery! KININARIMASU!

Hello, Mitsuhide, what wonders will you bring us today.

Really good episode. While one can see the big twist a mile away with a little knowledge of anything Sengoku related, it was still done really nicely. The direction was nicely done, really liked the use of the other characters to drive home the plot, everything was really nicely done. But, of course this was pretty expected.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaghsfdghjkdh this week is the Kaneko episode, I totally forgot. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh gotta catch up today

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 24:

This episode answers the question: what is hell? In any universe in which magical girls are actually a thing, hell is a place populated by nothing but mascots. Sure, you can say "but wait, this show is targeted toward small girls, the one demographic who would actually enjoy this sort of experience. It's every girl's wish for her dolls to come to life." To this, I respond:

Can't you see the abject horror behind those smiles? Those of the glassy eyes of people who have discarded their very humanity in the name of fulfilling a mission. They don't question, they don't consider their own well-being, they just do what needs to be done, and if snuggling every fucking plushie in Märchenland gets them one step closer to defeating Emperor Pierrot once and for all, it's done without hesitation.

...okay, so this episode was actually about the girls being transformed into plushie mascots themselves so the natives wouldn't run screaming in terror at the sight of furless paleface giants stomping all over their town, and in spite of how utterly loathsome mascots generally are, the results of the girls' transformations were agonizingly adorable. No pics because I'm sure everyone was already spammed with the best images back when this aired a couple of weeks ago.

The lack of human inhabitants of Märchenland raises an important question or two, though:

Why, if there are no humans, are all of the books so unfriendly to the size of the average Märchenlander? You'd think that an entire society centered around fairy tales would, y'know, have books that would be readable without the aid of a forklift. I smell a conspiracy to consolidate literacy among the upper-class.

lol NEW countdown clock. Maybe this time Pierrot won't look like a shitty gorilla clown. At least the new Super Akanbe enemies are slightly more menacing than the hideous, slow-witted abominations we've put up with thus far.

I still think that Joker is the secret final boss, but I'm biased.

Now go watch episode 25, it's awesome.

Huh? After Ranmaru shows up in the manga
there's four chapters for her in a row: one for her intro, one for her father, then the Ichiko's past story arc. The latter is what I'm looking forward to. Tama isn't until chapter 14. You really think they're going to do ALL the Ranmaru stuff in one episode?

Oh wow, you're right. It's been a while since I've read those chapters. For some reason I thought Tama was before Ranmaru.

What's the point to set a story in 2019 if everything besides the robots and tablets look more like 198X.
And the school also in the middle of nowhere, so you will only see some sky backgrounds.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Cranking up? It's just going to be the second half of the show edited into a movie.

How the hell did I not know this? I thought that it was at least going to be re-animated.

Is it too late to join Team Anti-SHAFT? Somebody tell pizzaroll to get me an application.

duckroll

Cranking up? It's just going to be the second half of the show edited into a movie.

Well from what I heard, they are indeed going to have new Witches in both movies apparently, and Inu Curry have apparently designed more stuff for the movies. So they're not straight edits at least.

Unconfirmed report: the previously announced Sasami-san@Ganbaranai LN adaptation will be handled by Shaft, with Hidari's original character designs adapted for animation by Harada Hiroki.

Reminder of what this is:

B4mb7.gif

The story follows a hikikomori (shut-in) named Sasami who is unmotivated about even changing clothes or eating. Her brother takes care of her, even though she despises his slave-like nature. Sasami spends her days viewing the outside world via a "Brother Surveillance Tool" on her computer. In the outside world, the three beautiful Yagami sisters and Sasami's brother are in the middle of relationships worthy of a romantic comedy.

The narrative ends up revolving around
Sasami's connection to Japanese mythology, with gods continually interfering in her life.
(Not sure how much of a spoiler this is, but marking it since people on other sites do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom