• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

From what I've heard from people who've read the novels, it's not much like Welcome to the NHK at all, despite what you may think from the initial premise.

That doesn't really tell us if that's a good thing or not.

That was the point -- Gonzo traded for SHAFT is not much of a trade at all.

Yeah but my question was why you commented on the premise if you really believe that it doesn't matter.

Articalys

A couple more Ghibli BDs on the way.
Walt Disney Studios Japan will release Hayao Miyazaki's Kiki's Delivery Service and Isao Takahata's Only Yesterday on Blu-ray Disc on December 5 for 7,140 yen (about US$91) each.

Both Studio Ghibli films will have their Japanese soundtracks in DTS-HD MasterAudio 2.0ch and English subtitles. Kiki's Delivery Service will also have an English dub in Dolby Digital 2.0ch, French subtitles and dub in Dolby Digital 2.0ch, a German dub in 2.0ch, Cantonese Chinese subtitles and dub in Dolby Digital 2.0ch, and Mandarin Chinese subtitles.

Only Yesterday will have French subtitles, German subtitles and dub in Dolby Digital 2.0ch, Korean subtitles and dub in monoaural, Cantonese Chinese subtitles and dub in Dolby Digital 2.0ch, and Mandarin Chinese subtitles and dub in Dolby Digital 2.0ch.

Each of these films will be on one disc with bonus extras, such as storyboards (viewable alongside the anime via a picture-in-picture feature), the dialogue recording script, and a collection of trailers. Kiki's Delivery Service will also have the video clip "Ursula's Painting," while Only Yesterday will have a making-of video.

Another shitty harem-like LN adaptation, yeah.

I see no problems here

20111214_sasami00.jpg

I see no problems at all!

LOGH 1-2

So this is quite different from the movie, stuff is less... cinematic? A lot of minor characters pop in and out though.

They didn't really go big for the whole NTR stuff though. Disappoint.

Lex Luthor is still the most interesting guy around for now.

btw: what language is the text and what not littered throughout this world?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Polar Bear Cafe 19

I know there's a "bear" joke in here somewhere, but I'm not going to make it:

6MB1Tl.jpg

5Puxgl.jpg

Meanwhile, they introduced perplexed Sasako:
qsxZdl.jpg

0cr7Ol.jpg

Secret best moe, etc, etc.

(Part 2 was about coffee, for you wacky team coffee people)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 25:

qpxaSl.jpg

NISSAN COMBINATION EPISODE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU TOEI

Nao x Akane rivalry.

z8GD3.gif

Akaoni being a pimp.

40YoNl.jpg

Hey a clam-digging contest that doesn't end in someone throwing a temper tantrum like a fucking baby in front of a bunch of little children.

and THE BEACH.

It's amazing how much the energetic pacing and good animation elevated what would have otherwise been a pretty mundane episode. Proof that beach episodes can be good when they're not shitty fanservice vehicles.

Also, uhh, is going to the beach really the enormous deal in Japan that anime make it out to be? When you live on an island nation and it's at most a two-hour drive from anywhere in the country, you'd think that people would just be like "oh, the beach." For someone like me who lives in flyover country the beach might as well be El Dorado, but if you have easy access to it, that novelty's gonna wear off sooner or later.

Furthermore, a rare glimpse of what Cure March would look like with less-insane hair and fuck you Toei for reusing animation from the OP twice in three episodes.

I just realized that my post began and ended with "thank you Toei" and "fuck you Toei". Sounds about right.

trejo

Hyouka 16

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I don't want this arc to end because it's the only one I've found genuinely enjoyable. On the other hand, now that the mystery has taken over my interest is declining precipitously and I kinda want them to be done with that as soon as possible.

At least we got another glimpse of the sister, however brief.
Honestly, I shook my head when she handed the manga to Oreki. This lady obviously has too much free time on her hands.

Kusagari

Hyouka 16:

Oreki's sister is scary. She must be a robot to have already figured everything out. I've loved this arc so far, and I hope that whatever follows it continues to include the school beyond the Classics Club.

I'm also thankful for this episode finally helping me understand the the pun in Medaka Box with Ajimu and her nickname of Anshinin-san.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hyouka 16:

Oreki's sister is scary. She must be a robot to have already figured everything out. I've loved this arc so far, and I hope that whatever follows it continues to include the school beyond the Classics Club.

I'm also thankful for this episode finally helping me understand the the pun in Medaka Box with Ajimu and her nickname of Anshinin-san.

Just remember, for every pun you get in medaka box, there's a hundred you don't.

Gundam 00 episodes 14-16
Well that just killed half my interest.
The overpowered gundams finally get an actual challenge and are being defeated when suddenly out of nowhere 3 'super' gundams show up and eliminate most of the other forces.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hyouka 16:

Hyouka 16

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I don't want this arc to end because it's the only one I've found genuinely enjoyable. On the other hand, now that the mystery has taken over my interest is declining precipitously and I kinda want them to be done with that as soon as possible.

At least we got another glimpse of the sister, however brief.
Honestly, I shook my head when she handed the manga to Oreki. This lady obviously has too much free time on her hands.

Sister is best character!

cajunator

Banned
Looks like Akito is playing a different game with the audience compared to Code Geass:

RzIqN.jpg

I am pretty hyped for this. I hope it delivers.

GSG is a great anime. You should read the manga after you are done. Such a shame there wasn't a second season.

Oh...there definitely is...

Sure. I'll consider it if things keep up!

Though I am a tad curious about an infamous
second season
, I hear about every now and then...

Its something. Not completely awful, but relative to the first I honestly recommend skipping it altogether.

Please tell me the girl on the far left isn't Kallen, because she actually looks cool.

That must be some amazing binding!

Sailor Moon S 112

It seems that episode 111 wrapped up Sailor Neptune's and Uranus's arc, albeit in the worst way possible,
with a reset.

Fortunately, 112 goes in a different direction, with a lot more focus on the Death Busters. Now that
Eudial is out, a new character, who sounds like she's voiced by whoever does the Utena narration, is in. She's quite absurd and funny, though not very effective.

Of course, the main reason this episode was enjoyable was

A. Lots of Chibiusa

B. Very little Haruka and Michiru

A winning combination if I ever saw one.

I'm still struggling to find a way to reconcile my strong dislike for Haruka's and Michiru's role in SM S, and my enjoyment of the characters themselves.

Chibiusa makes a new friend,
who has "walking plot device" written all over her. I guess the staff realized that, because they didn't even bother drawing anything out for a few episodes, but revealed straight away that she can use magic, and far more importantly, her father is the professor! We finally get to see his face properly! Also I'm suspicious of the shadowy figure who is supposed to be the Death Busters' Messiah. I think she might be Chibiusa's new friend.

Well, I think I'll thoroughly enjoy watching these new developments,
I often like the "real friend who is actually working for the other side" trope, and so far it seems that SM S is going to do a good job with it.

I knew you couldn't avoid continuing Sailor Moon :p

Good shit. Lots to look forward to in the next season.

http://www.madoka-magica.com/

Key visual for the second part of the Madoka recap movies:

Delicious Shaftwork.

Unconfirmed report: the previously announced Sasami-san@Ganbaranai LN adaptation will be handled by Shaft, with Hidari's original character designs adapted for animation by Harada Hiroki.

Reminder of what this is:

MOre shaft? Oh man YES.

But you commented on the premise as well. And it's not like Gonzo has any history of being better than SHAFT.

I would say the two are about equally awesome.

Taruranto

Planetes 3

Meh, the whole thing felt forced, i really can't agree with her. She acts like an annoying little kid. I also love the idea
of your body floating forever toward the end of the universe
, fuck Earth.

cajunator

Banned
Planetes 3

Meh, the whole thing felt forced, i really can't agree with her. She acts like an annoying little kid. I also love the idea
of your body floating forever toward the end of the universe
, fuck Earth.

Ai Tanabe is all about love. I mean ALL ABOUT LOVE. It can get annoying sometimes, because she's a goody goody and refuses to really hate anything, but personally I found her character very endearing over time. She's adorable.

animated.

t2qq3.gif

Its criminal that a good version of this is not preserved somehow.

One Piece 30

Finally finished the Baratie arc. It wasn't terribly interesting outside the Mihawk episode, but I did kind of like Sanji's sentimental backstory. (Though really, all the kids in this show are screaming brats.)

On to Arlong and hopefully better things!

Binbougami ga! 6
tumblr_m8ielscUpN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

What did they do to poor Momo :/ Keita was fine throughout but Momo :( This episode was decent, tons of screentime of the actually good characters but then others just barely did nothing worth mentioning or really made the anime kind of boring and dull (all Tittyko moments, most of the binbougami's) and yet again Tittyko stays the same, gahhh.

Narag

Nichijou 19

High jump skit was great but this is getting troublesome to finish with only a few eps to go as it's just more of the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom